Profile for Melinda Sheridan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melinda Sheridan "Booklover67" RSS Feed (Booklover67)

Page: 1 | 2
The Paris Wife: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)
The Paris Wife: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)
by Paula McLain
Price: $9.68
635 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Devour Me, February 7, 2013
Really Really Hate so much about Ernest. I think he was a weak, insecure, and just a jackass of a person. Paula's writing described him so well. She writes a great story that keeps you entertained and wanting to keep reading. The subject's (Ernest, Hadley) of this story is not something that interest me in the least but for me she made them readable. I did find myself screaming at Hadley threwout this entire book. I gave it 3 1/2 stars because her story line was great, characters were described perfectly, and it flowed beautifully.

Graveminder
Graveminder
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Graveminder, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Graveminder (Kindle Edition)
"Sleep well, and stay where I put you"

4/5

Best line so far, way to bring in readers. I like the idea of the book, it had a creepy southern feel for me. Bek's resistance got a bit tirersome, but loved how the Graveminder took over her and became so natural. Wish Charlie had a better secret to tell because it was a bit of a let down in the end. Hopefully we will find out more in the next book. What of Teresa?? I'm dying to know!!!! All in all was such a fun read!!!!

Every Other Day
Every Other Day
by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Price: $16.18
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Other Day, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Every Other Day (Hardcover)
Loved the whole plot of this book. Great Great writing!!!! Very original really loved this book. Just ordered her others just because of how great this one was

The Savage Blood
The Savage Blood
by Tamara Rose Blodgett
Price: $11.69
22 used & new from $9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Devour-Me Review of The Blood Savage, January 22, 2012
This review is from: The Savage Blood (Paperback)
5/5

I read these books just keep getting better and better......... FACT!!!!!
I absolutely flew threw this one. This series is complex, imaginative, and realistic all at the same time. Love Love it, Cant wait till she's threw writing the 3rd.

Juliet Immortal
Juliet Immortal
by Stacey Jay
Price: $14.02
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Juliet Immortal, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Juliet Immortal (Hardcover)
5/5

What if all the stories ever told about Romeo and Juliet were a lie..........

Just that first sentence had me wanting to read this book. So interesting so different!!! Beautifully written, characters so real, and WOW on the entire idea of this book. Stacey Jay is a truly entertaining writer and I cant wait for Romeo's Return!!!!!!!

The Pearl Savage
The Pearl Savage
by Tamara Rose Blodgett
Price: $13.49
27 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Devour-Me The Pearl Savage, January 1, 2012
This review is from: The Pearl Savage (Paperback)
Loved Loved this book. Such a nice change to most dystopian ive read and ive read lots. Great Great job cant wait to start Savage blood. Your my new favorite <3 <3 <3

Learning In The Dark
Learning In The Dark
by Margaret Sarah Bechtel
Price: $10.97
12 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning in the Dark, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Learning In The Dark (Paperback)
Another super awesome story by Margaret Sarah Bechtel!!!!!!! Would you have the strength to forgive? I kept asking myself this question as I read this book. So moving, so wonderful and such a great message. Loved each and every character, some took till the end of the book for me to love. Great plot, great conflicts, loved how she set it up all. Everything came together at just the right moments. Really really great read, a must for all!!!!!!!

Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories
Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories
by Tanya Lee Stone
Price: $13.24
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Devour-Me Review of Dear Bully, September 25, 2011
Finally got my copy of Dear Bully. I dont agree with rate this book because you cant judge other's experiences or stories. I did give it a 5 so other's will take a look at this book. There is a lot of emotion in this read. I wish everyone who has been bullied or who is a bully to read this book.

This book is POWERFUL!!!!! Everyone has dealt with a bully sometime in there life. I encourage you all to write your own Dear Bully letter........
Here's mine

Dear Bully,

I use to love swimming, I remember spending all my summer at the pool with my best friend. I was only trying to "be cool", like you. Join in on your conversation, maybe make a new friend. You kept me underwater for what seemed like hours. By the time you let go of me, my lungs were burning from the lack of air, the water, and just fear. I never told anyone, not even to this day. You took a joy away from me, but you did give me something in return. You put such a deep fear of drowning in me that when I had kids, swimming was one of the first things to learn. My husband taught each one to swim. Not just for fun, but for survival. So thank you, thank you that my kids know what to do if they are ever in a situation where they are held underwater. They know how to save someone else's life. They know the importance of swimming safety. Maybe one day I'll even try to go back into the water, who knows.

Your not to funny joke,

Me

Moongazer
Moongazer

5.0 out of 5 stars Devour-Me Review of Moongazer, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Moongazer (Kindle Edition)
5/5

Skye Brown, video game designer, New Yorker.........or not? She's been having sleep terror where she's trapped in an underground world running for her life. Trapped between two worlds, one an underground wasteland where everyone insist she is their rebel queen Mariah. One where her life make sense, New York where she is happy, has a boyfriend, job and a life as Skye. Can she believe her memories or are they the ultimate betrayal?

Dystopian storytelling at its best!!!! Mancusi does an excellent job with her characters, plot, setting, and relationships. I could feel each and every character, see where they lived, and in some parts almost smell it. Great job with all aspects of this novel!!!

Flesh Which Is Not Flesh
Flesh Which Is Not Flesh

5.0 out of 5 stars Review by Devour Me Flesh Which Is Not Flesh, August 4, 2011
First off, So proud of Jessica for publishing her short story!!!!! Second, what a story! Great job as always, totally love the way she writes. You have never heard a story on Valentines Day quite like this. Very creative, fun, and entertaining. You will laugh and cry with this book. Wish it was a whole book instead of short story. Its a story of true love and devotion. I recommend this book to everyone, great short story

Page: 1 | 2