Profile for Baseball junkie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Baseball junkie "pgmeador" RSS Feed (Maryland)

MoKo(TM) Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, BLACK
MoKo(TM) Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, BLACK
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product.... You won't be disappointed, September 21, 2013
In the world of iPad and iPad accessories, it can be frustrating and tough to find quality Android Accessories. I bought this for my white Galaxy Note 10.1 that I recently purchased at Costco. It is made of nice leather, it has a good feel to it, it holds the tablet securely, and is easily adjustable. This case for $20 and free shipping (Amazon Prime Members) I am pleased and will consider other products from this manufacturer (MoKo).

All in all, pleased, very pleased indeed!

MacGregor 79P Baseballs with Storage Bucket (3 dozen)
MacGregor 79P Baseballs with Storage Bucket (3 dozen)
Price: $126.91
3 used & new from $115.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No-Brainer, March 14, 2012
I bought this bucket 4 months ago and have thrown batting practice at least 20 times to my 10 year old travel team. I am absolutely pleased and have zero complaints (yes, there were 2 or 3 sub-par baseballs with poor stitching, they hit just fine too). For the price point and free shipping as an Amazon Prime member... I am buying my second bucket and have recommended this product to many travel team coaches. 50-60 baseballs is a "must have" for youth baseball coaches who want to run an efficient/productive practice.

Swingaway Sa Pro XXL Model Baseball Professional Hitting System
Swingaway Sa Pro XXL Model Baseball Professional Hitting System
Offered by Best Sports Direct
Price: $389.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID Piece of Hitting Equipment GET ONE!, September 21, 2011
I coach a 10U Travel Team in Maryland. Our kids have struggled at the plate and produce too many strike outs in each game. To improve hitting skills, I continue to search for effective / quality tools that will improve their hitting mechanics, power and confidence.

In my first week of owning the Pro XXL I am ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED with this tool. Here is my review:

1) Building it is a pain because the instructions are based on early 2000 models, though it is essentially the same there are differences that require careful attention. Assembly took me about 2 frustrating hours.

2) Once it was put together correctly... WOW! THis is the real deal.

3) It is conveniently portable with a mid-sized truck bed or larger. I have taken it to practice 3 times in my first week of having it-- it's not that bad to transport.

4) My 10 year old kids LOVE HITTING ON IT. My Goal is to have each player take 40-50 swings on it each practice. This takes less than 5 minutes.

5) After about 5 swings you see the player begin to work out their swing and find the ball MORE EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY. Now that they have used it 3 times they are making improvements.

6) The Swingaway provides immediate feedback on how well the ball was struck with direction of travel. I can watch the players swing and see the results and provide instructions. Then a new swing is initiated in less than 10 seconds... again PROVIDING IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK. The Swingaway DOES SET THE BALL BACK IN POSITION in less than 3 seconds.

7) BOTTOM LINE: I Fully recommend this product for ALL age group. It is a hitting workout and requires complete body mechanics to work it effectively / efficiently. The result seems to be an efficient smooth-strong swing that delivers power. I will save my formal declarations for a later review. For now I can confidently say The Pro XXL is a HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT... this is not cheap, cheesy or flimsy. In just one week my boys and I have pounded on it and shows no weakness at all.

8) I will post a follow-up review after this season reflecting upon OUR GAME RESULTS the Swingaway helped us produce (or not produce)

9) I expect having the Swingaway on my practice field will give our team an advantage in the batters box. I am also expecting to see our offensive numbers demonstrate its training effectiveness.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2012 3:11 AM PDT

The Five-Tool Player: Become the Total Package that Pro and College Baseball Scouts Want
by Mark Gola
Price: $16.08
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Resource for the serious coach, February 3, 2011
This book has advanced my thinking about player development. I have since purchased copies for other coaches and we are using this resource to shape our baseball program. Simply outstanding and I am glad I was introduced to these concepts. This book is appropriate for all age groups from 10U and above. I introduced these concepts to my 10U team last fall and we are building our team around these principles.

Play Ball

Jugs Quick-snap L-Shape Pitchers Screen
Jugs Quick-snap L-Shape Pitchers Screen
Price: $245.49 - $349.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Baseball Enthusiast, February 3, 2011
I coach a 10U Baseball team and we do not have storage space at our fields, so it was necessary to have a quality-portable screen. I have used my L screen for 2 full seasons. The Jugs Quick Snap L Screen meets my criteria for a quality-portable screen. It takes about 2 minutes to set up and 2 minutes to put away. Poles are first class and the netting is HIGH QUALITY. In my opinion, the NETTING MAKES THE SCREEN. Don't get me wrong, the Poles are Great... but the netting is quality nylon material that is not wearing out and does not snag or tear. The L screen is not light! I put the straps over my shoulder and lug the 50+ pounds to the field... but it is worth it every time as it provides me the safety I need to conduct effective batting practice and give my kids the swings they need at the plate.

I have set-up, taken-down, and transported this L Screen at least 50 times to and from the field and I have yet to have an issue with it or the carry bag.

The screen is worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2012 3:19 AM PDT

The NIV Application Commentary: Ephesians
The NIV Application Commentary: Ephesians
by Klyne Snodgrass
Price: $21.39
90 used & new from $4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Ephesians, September 25, 2003
Dr. Snodgrass turns sermon prep into a Spirit filled experience by offering profound thought and application of Ephesians to the modern life. Klyne takes Paul's call to "ground, shape and challenge the readers so they might live a life of faith" to the contemporary church through exegetical insights and profound application. This commentary is simply outstanding at numberous levels. It has impacted my spiritual walk and has been a powerful preaching/teaching tool.