Profile for Robert D. Buehler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert D. Buehler "Toyota Freak" RSS Feed (North of Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
Temple Run: Brave
Temple Run: Brave
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Recommended I review this., February 14, 2013
This review is from: Temple Run: Brave (App)
I've never played it. So I can't really review it now can I?

Wtf amazon? Still it's a game that's had good reviews, but based on a Disney Movie. I don't recall any temples in the movie. Kind of odd. But hey maybe it works?

Try it and see. It's probably free or 99 cents. You'll play it for a few days maybe weeks then forget you ever installed it.

Hanes Comfort Soft Boxer Brief Collection (Pack of 5) Size:Large Color:Assorted
Hanes Comfort Soft Boxer Brief Collection (Pack of 5) Size:Large Color:Assorted
Offered by NY Lingerie
Price: $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars These boxers are funny, but not as comfy., February 14, 2013
The material isn't as soft as their other "types". Funny to look at though.

They ride a little high, I prefer my underwear to cut off a little lower. It's different so you notice it a lot. Unless you are used to that, then you might like it.

Still Camo underwear is never not funny.

adidas Men's Tech Fleece Pant, Tech Grey/Black, Large
adidas Men's Tech Fleece Pant, Tech Grey/Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Comfy, February 14, 2013
These pants are warm enough for a slight breeze or if you're running/jogging/walking in cooler weather. But can overheat you if you're inside in 65+ degrees.

But they are super comfy. Great for a night in on a winters night or if you live in the north a chilly spring/fall night.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes., February 14, 2013
Super comfortable, supportive, and great grip.

I work at Boeing. I build Airplanes. So there are times where I have to walk across metal surfaces (they are protected by a film called Spray Lat) and a lot of shoes will slip on these surfaces, but not these! They grip like no tomorrow even if the surface is slightly dusty or greasy.

While they aren't your typical work shoe I simply love them. They offer great support for your heel and ankle and grip like glue to most surfaces. What more can you ask for?

Monster iSport Intensity In-Ear Headphones (Green)
Monster iSport Intensity In-Ear Headphones (Green)
Price: $89.95
36 used & new from $28.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Fitment was great, sound was horrible., February 14, 2013
Reading the other reviews, I was very excited to get these headphones. They seemed like exactly what I was looking for. I put aside Monster's reputation for selling overpriced crap (Monster Cables anyone?) and decided to take the plunge. Now I work in a Factory where we can listen to headphones/music while we work. So I have my headphones in for 8-10 hours a day and because of that I tend to wear them out pretty quick. I would usually go through a pair every 3-6 months at $30 a pop. I figured it was time to upgrade and get something that would last a little longer. Plus I'm going to the Gym now so this seemed perfect.

When they first arrived I was very excited and was expecting low Bass response (from other reviews), but when I finally got a good fit I was a little disappointed in the sound quality. I thought no big deal I'll give them some time to adjust, etc and see how the feel at the end of my shift. I didn't even make it to the end of the day. The sound was very... airy. Granted I'm used to in-ear designs that tend to seal out most sound. But these were just odd, everything at the more extreme ends of the spectrum sounded muddled. I listen to everything from Skrillix to Slayer, Enigma to Lamb of God. It didn't matter what I played Deadmau5 or Bleed the Sky anything but the most middle of the road sounds just sounded horrible. Which as anyone who listens to Techno or Metal can tell you that's unacceptable because most of what's going on is either the Bass or Treble range.

After about 6 hours of using them I had to send them back for a refund. The number of great reviews makes me wonder if perhaps I got a bad pair, because I am by no means an Audiophile. But I know crap when I hear it. This sadly was crap.

With how large the headphones were this surprised me a lot. They are a fairly good size, especially when compared to most in-ear headphones. Not that that's a downside. The design of the earbuds makes them quite comfortable. I just expected MUCH better sound quality when I saw how large they were.

TLDR: Bad highs and lows, great fit in the ear. Large size should mean better sound.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as flavorful as I had hoped., October 19, 2012
I had got this hoping to make a lower calorie substitute for traditional Root Beer. I got some Club Soda and added the Stevia. I quickly found out that the amount of Stevia I would have to add to get some actual root beer flavor would have been drowned out by how sweet it would be.

It does taste like root beer, just very lightly. So if you're hoping to add a lot of Root Beer Flavor I think you'll be disappointed. For a light flavor this would work out great!

adidas Men's Barricade Team 2 Tennis Shoe,Running White/Iron/Black,12 D US
adidas Men's Barricade Team 2 Tennis Shoe,Running White/Iron/Black,12 D US

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes!, October 19, 2012
I love the entire Barricade series of Shoes. They are a nice wide stable shoe that offer good ankle support.

Even though these are an older style they are still very comfortable. They are a bit stiff at first so you'll need to break them in. But once they are broken in, you won't find a better tennis shoe. I wear them for both at work and working out at the Gym. They do equally well in both situations. Personally I feel because of their wide base they actually do better than some of the other "cross training" style shoes out there.

Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy)
Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by BuyAndEnjoy
Price: $12.77
115 used & new from $4.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, leaves many questions to be answered., October 19, 2012
I'm going to keep this pretty simple and short. This is just my opinion, I'm sure many people will disagree/agree with me.

For starters I really enjoyed the movie. I think the acting was actually pretty good. I've seen much, much worse acting in movies before. But the acting wasn't really the focal point of the movie, it's all about the Special Effects which look amazing.

I don't know if Ridley Scott's whole premise for this movie was simply to set up a sequel but that is what it seems to have done. At the end of the movie I was like "what the hell did I just watch? What's the point damnit!" It sets up a lot of questions. Especially in the whole alien universe canon. I really don't want to add any spoilers. But it's almost frustrating.

Perhaps he's meaning for this to be some kind of stand alone story? Which doesn't make any sense because the plot doesn't wrap up at all. It's literally left open ended. Bah. I'm gonna stop talking about it or I'll start mentioning spoilers.

But because of the openness of the ending it makes what's a really enjoyable movie and leaves you wanting more that makes it a bit of a let down. Without knowing if there will be a second movie to look forward too it's like getting to the bottom of a Drumstick Ice Cream Cone and finding they forgot the chocolate.

It looks like there will be a second one. [...] I think that one will really make or break this movie. The way it's made it just can't stand on it's own. There has to be an ending to all the questions/plot lines it raises.

Bottom line if you enjoy the Alien Franchise you'll probably enjoy this movie even though it's style and pacing is different. But you will leave wanting more. I think sales of this Movie will actually pickup if a second movie is released. As people will want to know what brought it to that point.

Arctic Paws 5lbs-Pound Yummy Chummies Original Bulk treats Alaskan Wild Salmon
Arctic Paws 5lbs-Pound Yummy Chummies Original Bulk treats Alaskan Wild Salmon
Offered by Alaskan Connection
Price: $48.98
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ERMAHGERD SERLMAHN SNERCKS FER DERGS!, October 6, 2012
This things are great! My Dogs love them, their coats are smoother and more vibrant. I just place 4 or 5 nuggets with their food and they gobble them up. Of course the Husky sometimes pushes the food around and just eats the treats lol. But what can you do?

Real Salt Shaker Realsalt 10 oz Salt
Real Salt Shaker Realsalt 10 oz Salt
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $7.45
38 used & new from $3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this salt!, October 6, 2012
It's salt. I mean seriously what more do you need to know? It tastes good and it's salt.

Just don't overdo it!