Profile for Stephen N. Shields > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephen N. Shields RSS Feed (Ellicott City, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Luminess Air Premium System - Fair
Luminess Air Premium System - Fair

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a SCAM., May 21, 2014
It's widely advertised as $19.95 but - we discovered - in the fine print they charge you over $300. Getting the return authorization took about 15 minutes, 2 representatives, and a hold. Don't purchase!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2014 7:43 AM PDT

Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Show, March 29, 2014
Wow! A fantastic and innovative series. Tatiana Maslany has one of the most delicious acting opportunities ever with these ... roles! She's mesmerizing in her versatility.

iPhone 5S Case, Case for iPhone 5/5S - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate (SGP10490)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $18.49
8 used & new from $18.49

2.0 out of 5 stars so very disappointed, March 11, 2014
I have had the case for less than 24 hours. Received it today. I'm CAREFUL with my iPhones. Though I did not drop the phone nor put it in a pocket with keys or anything, it ALREADY has three significant scratches on the back. It's a beautiful case and it appears that it would do a good job protecting the iPhone but it scratches far, far too easily. I'm sending it back.

The Americans Season 1 [HD]
The Americans Season 1 [HD]
Price: $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, February 23, 2014
I hope that more folks take the opportunity to sample this wonderful series. Outstanding characterization. Interesting historical context. Dynamic plotting. Highly recommended.

iPhone 5s/5 Titanium Aluminum Alloy Case iGUARD Gold Luxury Designer Case for Apple iPhone - The iGUARD Gold Ultra Thin Metal Alloy case by Guardian Gear, Custom fit, Rich Looking Metal iPhone 5s case with Stylish Design-Protection. Perfect Fit For iPhone 5s/5-w/FREE Screen Protector, The iGUARD Gold offers a Custom Fit for your iPhone 5/5s

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and sleek iPhone cover!, February 22, 2014
This gold elegant cover turns your iPhone 5s into a beautiful gold smartphone! Very sleek and stylish, the cover provides solid protection from scratches. It also comes with a screen cover that protects the front from scratches as well.

Fintie Apple iPad mini with Retina Display (iPad mini 2) Rotating Case - 360 Degree Rotating Vegan Leather Multi Angle Stand Smart Cover with Auto Wake / Sleep - Black
Offered by Fintie

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Use with Zagg HD Cover, January 28, 2014
If you DON'T have a Zagg HD Protective Shields over your screen, then this iPad Mini cover is fine. I liked it until this morning when I noticed that it's staining the Protective Shield and turning it brown. Though I've liked the cover until now, I'll now have to replace the Shield and stop using the Fintie Cover. Otherwise, it's a good cover.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 12:24 PM PST

LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW Scratch-Resistant Slim Clear Back Case with Bumper / Cover for iPhone 5 / 5S (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Clear
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimum View Obstruction with Good Protection, November 25, 2013
This is a great case. I bought it several weeks ago when I was looking for a case that would not obscure the aesthetic beauty of the 5s. This case both showcases and protects the 5s. I have dropped the phone on pavement with no damage. It's also very easy to put on and take off, so that you can easily go case-less when you wish. I also use a Zagg HD Shields on the front, which I would recommend. Finally, some clear cases yellow over time. So far this one hasn't. Recommended.

Guardian Gear iPad Mini case Black 360 Degree Rotating iPad mini case for Apple iPad Mini wake/sleep function Smart Cover Designer Executive folio swivel case with micro fiber interior BODYGUARD360 Mini is the best carrying case for protecting your awesome device-Protect Your Investment-1 Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product at an even more excellent price!, September 21, 2013
I have a Targus case that's very similar but lacks the critical feature of automatically sleeping my iPad when I shut the case. This case does that *and* has a better mechanism for propping up the iPad for viewing or reading either vertically or horizontally. The small bars in the Targus case for holding up the Mini 1) slip easily and 2) accumulate oil from the screen and redistribute them as lines back onto the screen, The Guardian Gear case accomplishes the same function *without* redistributing oil on the screen with two foam indentations. It works perfectly. The glossy finish of the case gives it a professional look. There's an opening for the camera so it can be used without removing the iPad. And there's a strap to keep the case from opening when in transit. The seller shipped the same day I ordered and when my iPad wasn't sleeping when I closed the case, Guardian Gear's customer service even helped me to discover that it was an iPad Mini settings issue that had nothing to do with the case. Once I corrected that the case worked perfectly. The Guardian Gear iPad Mini is an extraordinary value for the discriminating shopper. Highly recommended.

Targus Versavu Rotating Case and Stand for iPad mini, Black (THZ183US)
Targus Versavu Rotating Case and Stand for iPad mini, Black (THZ183US)
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, June 11, 2013
After reviewing a few and even buying the wrong ones, this is a great case. I love that it lets you easily stand your iPad Mini in both portrait and landscape mode. It's very solid and provides great protection. I also have a Zagg HD shield and the iPad casing does not rub up against the edge of the shield which causes it to peel off over time. Recommended.

Ringworld
Ringworld
by Larry Niven
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.49
272 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A mesmerizing read, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Ringworld (Mass Market Paperback)
The thing that surprised me the most about Larry Niven's Hugo and Nebula winning sci-fi novel was not that it was published over forty years ago. It was that I could *hardly tell* that it came out in 1970. And the only reason I say "hardly" is because a few times the story talks about "tape" as a sound recording medium. Niven's futuristic vision was so far-reaching that his book could have easily been written today. It's envisioning has stood the test of time. I have never read a book so very scientific, but Niven's marvelous characterization and creative plotting keep the non-scientific reader (uh, me) so entranced that he suspends the need to completely understand! That being said, the sheer science of his work has so riveted a score of science enthusiasts that at one gathering fans who had believed that he discerned a flaw in Niven's imagined Ringworld stood in the halls of their hotel chanting "The Ringworld is unstable. The Ringwold is unstable." The narrative reaches toward the mythopoeic and feels real. I am *most glad* that unlike the original readers who had to wait 15 years for the sequel, I was able to start my journey through The Ringworld Engineers moments after completing the original. And I'm delighted that I have 2 additional sequels and then 4 prequels awaiting me. I highly recommend Ringworld, a story of 2 humans and 2 aliens on a quest to explore a safe harbor for their respective species as an exploding inner galaxy rushes toward them. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3