Profile for E. A. Montgomery > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 839

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. A. Montgomery RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Avery Tabbed Snap-In Bookmark Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab, 1 Set (24909)
Avery Tabbed Snap-In Bookmark Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab, 1 Set (24909)
Price: $12.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but oddly designed, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The snap in dividers are really only meant to be used in a 3 ring binder, where having a snap in divider is kind of less useful than in a spiral or other notebook. I would have liked more versatility of use as far as which they could be used it, ie unsplit holes for a 3 ring and tabs for a spiral. The colors and patterns are fun and pleasing. the bookmarks all line up in the same place so the tabs are not visible on their own if you have multiple ones in place. I think the design misses on some key points but I like the attempt to provide more interesting tabs for my binders.

TRESemme Expert Selection Weightless Silicone-Free Shampoo, Perfectly (un)Done 25 oz
Price: $4.29
10 used & new from $4.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, not amazing, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We use a variety of OGX shampoos and while the TRESemme looked interesting, we didn't like it as much as our current product. The scent is a little strong and not to my taste (one daughter said "It smells weird") On a variety of hair types it rinsed out easily, left the hair feeling clean and did not weigh it down at all (even the baby fines). Hair felt less silky than with the OGX shampoo and the baby fine hair in the family spent the next day wih a lot of static / flyaway issues. Not banished to the guest bath, but something we'd probably not seek out,

Five Star Advance Spiral Notebook, 3 Subject, College Ruled, Blue (73138)
Five Star Advance Spiral Notebook, 3 Subject, College Ruled, Blue (73138)
Price: $15.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why this is better than 2 100 pages books, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
150 pages seems very minimal for a three subject notebook. I could see using the dividers to seperate sections for a single class, keeping labs from class notes, for example. Having the dividers be moveable in a multi - subject scenario means your notes are doomed to end up out of order! This premium notebook comes with a premium price and I'm not sure I agree with it. On to the good news!

The covered spiral is something I didn't know I needed till I saw it - one of those Of Course moments. No more snagged skirts or refusal to leave the backpack behind. Love the pen loop and the writeable subject tag. The dividers seem durable but are not too difficult to remove or move. Pages are decent quality, taking pen or ink well. Overall, a great product with some price and marketing caveats.

Five Star Advance Spiral Notebook, 1 Subject, 100 College-Ruled sheets, 11 x 8.5 Inch Sheet Size, Black (72162)
Offered by 911 DRUGSTORE
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Rating for quality only, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a solid product with excellent attention to detail. The moveable divider is easy enough to relocate without feeling flimsy. The writeable spiral tab is a great feature I didn't know I needed till I saw. I love covering those annoying snaggable spirals with a protective case and having a pen clip as well! The paper takes pencil amd ink well, is of decent quality, and removes smoothly. Pretty impressive for standard school use. On to the bad news.

Because price is very flexible on Amazon I try to rate products only on their quality. In the case of this notebook I have to stress my 5 stars are only for the product itself. Is it 2x as good as a standard notebook? 3x as good? In my opinion it's 5x to 7x as good, but certainly not 12x or 15x as good. Because our schools don't have lockers, my kids are ridiculousy tough on their school supplies. Last year I experimented by buying a few premium Mead products and they were the first thing to survive the school year intact. I have high hopes for the survival of this notebook!

Avery White Shipping Labels, 8-1/2 x 11 Inches, Pack of 250 Labels (95920)
Avery White Shipping Labels, 8-1/2 x 11 Inches, Pack of 250 Labels (95920)
Price: $50.43
7 used & new from $50.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery is famous for a reason, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great shipping labels. Strong adhesive (I still cover the address with clear packing tape because my printer is ink-jet, not laser). Easy feed, no jamming, easy to remove from backing. I have one printer that hates all Avery labels, sadly it hates these too, but my main printer adores them. Loads no problem and the print is crisp.

Also good size for work "posters" but be careful of the surface because it could damage it. These are NOT reposition-able so they need to be changed frequently to avoid residue problems. I like the lack of tape and smoother look to the "poster" over putting info up on plain paper.

Smith's American Big Girls' Interlock Polo, Navy, Medium
Smith's American Big Girls' Interlock Polo, Navy, Medium
Price: $25.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparable to Land's End, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 11 year old is extremely fussy about fabrics and fits. We generally buy her Land's End Interlock Polo for school. I expected her to reject this shirt but she really likes it. The length is good, a bit longer than some brands. She wears a Land's End 10 and a 12 in Aeropostale so I went with a 10/12 M. Her older sister complimented her on the fit right away. it's a tighter to the body girl cut so I'd definitely take that into account if your daughter is plus size. Mine is not thin, she is a athletic and so pretty average overall. The navy is a true dark blue. The fabric is soft and the sleeves hit at a good length off the shoulder. The collar is a bit stiff but softens somewhat with washing. No discoloration on two washes, will update whan I notice fading. Very happy with this product.

Gold Fame Citrus: A Novel
Gold Fame Citrus: A Novel
by Claire Vaye Watkins
Price: $14.32

3.0 out of 5 stars For lovers of carefully crafted sentences, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Watkins overwrites. If that's your thing, there is much to appeal in Gold Fame Citrus. If a phrase like "the colloidal taste of hummus in her mouth" makes you sigh, this isn't the right book. Watkins strength is in long descriptive sentences that meander through multiple destinations before arriving at their end. Plotting is a weaker point. Things happen inorganically, focus is lost. Ig, the toddler, is a plot device rather than a fully realized character. Personal development fluctuates, giving the impression that the child is regressing but Watkins is vague enough that the reader is unsure if this is intentional. Gold Fame Citrus will reward those looking to study descriptive phrasing but leave readers seeking a solid narrative out in the cold.

Pandora's DNA: Tracing the Breast Cancer Genes Through History, Science, and One Family Tree
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Memoir style but informational, July 19, 2015
Interesting look at BRCA through one family's personal history. Good and sympathetic overview to the novice, additional insights and details for the more informed. Well worth checking out.

Equinox Professional Razor Edge Series - Barber Hair Cutting Scissors/Shears - 6.5" Overall Length with Fine Adjustment Tension Screw - Japanese Stainless Steel - Lifetime Guarantee!
Offered by Equinox Int
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 19, 2015
Good home scissor, no split ends after cutting, good balance, sharp.

Machi Koro
Machi Koro
Price: $19.40
55 used & new from $19.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Good party game, July 19, 2015
This review is from: Machi Koro (Toy)
Quick and easy fun. Each turn has actions for each player giving it a fast pace. Easy enough for all ages to pick up without being dull. Similar in difficulty level to King of Tokyo. Players can choose from different strategic styles for a friendly or resource raiding approach. Picking up the expansion pack!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20