Profile for symbolic > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

symbolic RSS Feed (NJ USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Seville Classics Heavy-Duty Commercial-Grade Utility Cart, NSF Listed
Seville Classics Heavy-Duty Commercial-Grade Utility Cart, NSF Listed
Price: $86.24
7 used & new from $81.11

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Well-Made Cart, July 18, 2014
It's true -- this sturdy, attractive cart can be put together without tools once unpacked.
Of particular value to me is the fact that the middle shelf can be positioned at various heights
in two inch increments. Ditto for the bottom shelf but you'd probably want to put it at its
lowest possible level.

Plan Your Own Estate: Passing on Your Assets and Your Values Legally and Efficiently
by Deirdre R. Wheatley-Liss
Price: $21.74
29 used & new from $18.12

5.0 out of 5 stars best I have found, June 16, 2014
I have read several books on wills and trusts and estate planning
and in general, they have been good. However, this book by Deirdre
Wheatley-Liss is the best. It has many useful, practical details that did not appear
in any of my other books. It also contains many examples that illustrate various
legal and financial scenarios so that you can understand their more abstract descriptions.
There are also specific estate planning guides tailored for people
depending on any of the wide variety of circumstances
they can find themselves in. Her intent is to educate you so that you know
all of your options including online and fill-in-the-form options as well as consulting
with an attorney. (Although I am convinced now that if your estate is sizeable and/or
with many parts and beneficiaries, you should at least find a good lawyer who knows the
(unique) law in your state and consult with them before going forward with an online will/trust --
and read this book first. Also, any will package that intentionally creates a will that you
cannot edit to add your own specifics -- and there is a well-known one -- is being
harmfully presumptuous.)
Furthermore, the book is well-written in clear, accessible language for the layperson.

Burley Clay Zanesville Blue Glazed Bath Set
Burley Clay Zanesville Blue Glazed Bath Set
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $82.99
9 used & new from $77.09

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful functional birdbath, June 1, 2014
This is a very well-made beautiful bird bath.
The color is a deep blue paired nicely with cream relief/detail.
It reminds me of the 1920s and Maxfield Parrish.
Due to its design that involves rotating the bowl over plastic pegs to install it,
the bowl stays on when I tip it over slightly to empty it out before
refilling it. The birds and squirrels love it -- one robin in particular
likes to splash around in it and thus "take a bath". I see all this
when looking out my kitchen window.
It also arrived in good shape almost immediately -- 2 or 3 days -- much
faster than the website led me to believe.
So, fun, attractive and good for the animals who have a hard enough time
with humans and nature as it is.

New Routledge Dutch Dictionary (Routledge Bilingual Dictionaries)
New Routledge Dutch Dictionary (Routledge Bilingual Dictionaries)
by N. E. Osselton
49 used & new from $25.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comprehensive dictionary -- with IPA, April 23, 2014
I love this dictionary. It has every Dutch word I have ever looked up and most importantly,
not only does it have pronunciation for the words in both languages but it uses the IPA
to express them. These characteristics put it way above the other Dutch-English dictionaries I have
wasted my money on. With the IPA, it doesn't matter what dialect of English you speak,
whether RP for British English or GenAm for (general) American English -- or if you speak English
at all: the IPA will tell you how to pronounce the words in both Dutch and English
in this dictionary. The alternatives are to have no pronunciations given at all or else somebody's
idiosyncratic symbolic system which is explained by giving examples from some dialect of English
you may not speak. Thank goodness for the IPA. Search around on the web and you will find
recordings that illustrate the IPA symbols -- and accompany a wonderful official IPA book you can buy.

Copy Stand Tabletop Desktop 9x12 Base
Copy Stand Tabletop Desktop 9x12 Base
Offered by Dazzling Gifts
Price: $42.05
4 used & new from $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent copy stand, March 27, 2014
This copy stand is well-made and sturdy. It does exactly what the description says.
I use it with a (small) Sony WX300 point and shoot. I'm not trying to put a 2-3 pound
camera on it but even so, if I tried, I'd do the same thing that I do now: I'd use the camera's
timer and step out of the way so that not only is there no handling to shake the camera
but I am also away and not casting any shadows. The camera's optical image stabilization
is surely helpful as well. Anyway, the stand is just fine and I am happy I bought it.

Superior Tool 03825 Basin Buddy
Superior Tool 03825 Basin Buddy
Price: $15.72
10 used & new from $11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars indispensable, January 20, 2014
This Basin Buddy rescued the day. I had to remove two whitish nylon locknuts holding down an ancient kitchen faucet
and the only way I could get them out of there was to use this tool -- all else failed.
I am eternally grateful -- seriously. Nota bene: I needed to use my own standard socket wrench with an extension in order
to use Basin Buddy.

ClosetMaid 894300 Fabric Drawers, 2-Pack, Blue
ClosetMaid 894300 Fabric Drawers, 2-Pack, Blue
Price: $21.98

2.0 out of 5 stars the "blue" I got may as well be black, November 28, 2013
I like these ClosetMaid fabric drawers and I have 10 of them in different colors.
However, the 2-Pack Blue I got may as well be black; in other words, instead of the
recognizably blue that you see in the picture, the "blue" I got is so close to black
that only by looking real close can you see a hint of blue. Not what I wanted, nor
what the ad picture looks like.

Safety Not Guaranteed [Blu-ray]
Safety Not Guaranteed [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Aubrey Plaza
Price: $11.79
49 used & new from $6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever, affecting, memorable and enjoyable!, November 21, 2013
This is a very nicely done, memorable, affecting independent film.
It's really all about time travel. It's clever, there are things to figure out.
For a while, I thought it meandered in the middle with extraneous subplots
-- but that's not true: seriously, it's all about time travel.

iKross Black Universal Portable Collapsible Desk Stand holder for Smartphones and MP3 Players
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little phone stand, November 21, 2013
Just what I needed to position my Samsung Galaxy Note when on a long phone call:
if I lay the phone down flat on the table, the volume is diminished because the speaker
is on the back. However, when using the desk stand, the volume is undiminished.
This little stand is also nicely made and adjustable.

OXO Good Grips Red Bag Clips, Set of 2
OXO Good Grips Red Bag Clips, Set of 2
Price: $5.99
10 used & new from $5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag clips, November 21, 2013
These are the best, most durable bag clips I have ever bought.
Note that they are large and open large, enabling them to be even more useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6