Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Killeen, TX United States)

Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers
4 used & new from $229.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, beautiful device for media., November 25, 2012
I have the 7" Kindle Fire HD, and love it. When I decided to get something larger to use for out of town travel, I considered just about everything out there, but ended up purchasing the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I couldn't be happier! I put my hands on as many tablets as possible in the stores to make sure I was making an informed decision. I even considered plunking down $600+ on the new ipad with retina display; also seriously considered the top of the line Toshiba tablet (has a great screen, among other things, but not as sharp as the Fire). In the end, it was price and SOUND that made my decision. I use my Kindle Fires mostly for music, web and video (aside from reading, of course). The screen on the 8.9 is absolutely gorgeous! Yes, the retina dispay on ipad is also fantastic, but the difference was not worth nearly twice the price, IMHO. But where Kindle blew everyone away was the sound. The stereo speakers on both sizes cannot be beat. I literally had to put the speaker of the Toshiba up to my ear to hear it on the loudest setting in the quite noisy store I was in. A few short steps away, in the same noisy crowd, the Kindle speakers were loud and crystal-clear, and not even all the way up. I can really crank it up and rarely get any distortion. Don't worry about the youtube app,etc. There are plenty of instructions to be found on the net for loading apps like that onto your Kindle Fire. Took me only a couple of minutes, and the app works just fine. The silk web browser is fast, and I have no complaints about it. A word about the ads vs ad-free argument: Unless you reeeeaaallly want to look at a picture of your kids or whatever for the few seconds your lock screen will be seen, I wouldn't bother cancelling the ads. Even the "suggestions" at the bottom of the carousel are unobtrusive, and don't even show in landscape mode. It's only $15 to opt out if it really bothers you, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I used that $15 to buy a magazine subscription to enjoy on my awesome new toy! I picked up the case made by Amazon, which to me is a must, and will be adding an anti-glare screen protector. The Fire already has less glare than anything else I looked at, but I still like the protectors. Some things to take into consideration about my review: I do have alot of Amazon content. Now, I know full well I could still have taken full advantage of my Amazon content from another tablet, but it may make a difference to some of you reading this. I am not a gamer, and I don't have 500 time-wasting apps on my phone or Kindle, nor do I want them. And last, I am not and have never been a die-hard Apple fan. They make great products, but so do other companies. If you are someone who will not be happy with anything but an ipad, please do yourself a favor and buy one. Please don't buy this great Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and then return it and post a negative review because it's not an ipad. I hope my review helps someone! Thanks for reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2012 4:08 PM PST

Joe Bonamassa Beacon Theatre - Live From New York [Blu-ray]
Joe Bonamassa Beacon Theatre - Live From New York [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Joe Bonamassa
Price: $21.38
33 used & new from $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the best!, September 27, 2012
I won't pretend to be an expert, but I know good music when I hear it, and this performance is fan-fing-tastic from beginning to end. Joe Bonamassa is an incredible musician and vocalist, and has surrounded himself with the best people. This band is so in sync, and you can tell they are loving every second of it. Old fans will love it, and I hope new fans will discover this rare talent...this performance is a great way to start! For those who care, the production value is fantastic. The director and crew deserve major kudos for a production that is so clearly well planned and expertly executed. The lingering shots of Joe's hands are exactly what you want to see...you could almost believe that Steadicam was invented with Joe's hands in mind. Everything about this disc is top-notch. You won't be disappointed!

NutraLuxe Nutrasonic Essential color Blue
NutraLuxe Nutrasonic Essential color Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, August 14, 2010
I had been saving for a Clarisonic, but when I saw the NutraSonic, I decided to try it instead. I am very happy with this product. The only difference I can really tell between this and the Clari is that there is not a built-in timer...but do I really need to spend an extra $150 to get a timer??? I noticed a difference in my skin after just a few days. I has been a few weeks now, and my skin is looking so much better! It comes with three brushes, sensitive, regular and body, and are easy to change out. I mistakenly started with the regular brush (it helps to read the instructions), but was pleasantly surprised when I did not have any irritation, even on my ultra-sensitive rosacea skin. The body brush is great, too, to use on the back and chest. The charge lasts for about 5 days for me, with morning and night use, so I would even be able to take it on short trips without the charger. I would highly recommend NutraSonic!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2014 7:55 AM PDT

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living
by Beverly Lynn Bennett
124 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, May 5, 2007
I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for many years, and have recently become a vegan. I am so glad to have found this book. It is full of great information and has helped me with an easy transition. I'm sure I'll be using this book as a reference quite frequently. And the recipes are great too!

Vegan Lunch Box
Vegan Lunch Box
by Jennifer McCann
35 used & new from $0.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't do without it now., May 5, 2007
This review is from: Vegan Lunch Box (Paperback)
Vegan Lunch Box really doesn't need yet another stellar review, but it's getting one anyway! This book is full of more than great recipes, it is full of great complete meals, each one balanced and fulfilling. I have only had a chance to try a few of the meals so far, but I don't think I could be without this book now. Everything I have tried tastes great and is easy to make. Now all I need is one of those bento boxes or stackable stainless steel things and I'm set! Thanks so much to Jennifer and her family for publishing this wonderful book.

simplehuman 50L rectangular step can - brushed stainless steel
simplehuman 50L rectangular step can - brushed stainless steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but great!, February 4, 2007
I never thought I would spend so much on a trash can, but it was worth it. I purchased it to replace another brand of stainless steel trash can that I hated because the lid was difficult to open (I had to mash my foot down on the pedal) and the lid would bang into the wall every time, then smack back down when it closed. The S.H. can only takes a light tap to open, the top is designed to not hit the wall, even when placed up against it, and there is a damper that causes the lid to close slowly and softly. It is very easy to change the bag, and there is no messy bag overhang, since it all tucks neatly inside. Well worth the money.

Life of Pi
Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
Price: $10.44
1081 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bordering on more..., August 11, 2006
This review is from: Life of Pi (Paperback)
I really like this book. I was fascinated, and was almost late returning to work from my lunch break due to being engrossed in the story on more that one occasion. I would have given this book 5 stars if not for the ending. I was simply let down by end, which, I suppose was what Pi felt, too (not to spoil the story for those who have not read it yet). I was also confused by the interview transcript at the end. I guess I don't really need a happy ending and neatly packaged closure, but it would have done my heart good. That said, I will read Life of Pi again and again. It is an exciting, sometimes heartwrenching story that will hold on to you.

Second Glance: A Novel
Second Glance: A Novel
by Jodi Picoult
309 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you on your toes, June 13, 2004
This review is from: Second Glance: A Novel (Paperback)
This is a great book. The story grabbed me from the beginning, and I really enjoyed the way the author fleshes out each character. I do not agree with some of the comments that the structure of the story is too confusing or that the author jumps around too much. Just the opposite, I found that the way the story jumps from character to character was one of the things that kept me on my toes, and helped to tie the characters together throughout the book. This is the first book by Jodi Picoult I have read, but I will definitely be getting more.

Shadrach
Shadrach
DVD ~ Martin Sheen
10 used & new from $27.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching story, December 22, 2003
This review is from: Shadrach (DVD)
This is a very touching story, sad and uplifting at the same time. It is one of those movies you can watch over and over.

Learning to Drive: A Novel
Learning to Drive: A Novel
by Mary Hays
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and characters., December 22, 2003
I find it hard to believe this is a first novel for the author. The way she tells the story is seamless, and she has a way of making you feel like you are in the moment with each character. I was slightly put off at first because in the beginning this book seems like a commercial for Christian Science, but it is really nothing like that. This is a wonderful book...one you will want to read many times.