Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Michael > Reviews

Browse

Michael's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael RSS Feed (United States)

eForCity Slim PU Leather Case Cover Stand for Acer Iconia Tab A200, Black (PACEA200LC01)
Offered by North Laine Accessories US
Price: $11.49
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value case for the Acer Iconia A210, July 7, 2013
This case fits both the Acer Iconia A210 and A200, since they are the very similar. For this review, I used the Iconia A210.

The stand gives three viewing angles: 45, 30, and 15 degrees. The magnetic closures are sufficient to keep the case closed. The case is made of pleather sheets stitched together with a padding material (most likely cardboard) sandwiched between. This doesn't add too much bulk or weight. It is easy to slip on the case, yet the fit is very snug and it's difficult to remove the tablet. This friction alone could hold the tablet in place, but there is also a flap that folds inside and then under the tablet which fastens with 1.5" x 0.5" Velcro (see the 5th picture above).

The A210 screen, camera, mic, memory flap, buttons, jacks, and ports are fully exposed and functional by breaks in the pleather. The two holes in the back for the speakers were a bit off the mark, covering a small portion of them, but it doesn't seem to affect sound quality or volume. The bit of case around the screen margin doesn't seem to want to lie down perfectly flush with the screen, but that doesn't pose any problems either and is, in part, due to the glove-like fit. This case is the best deal on Amazon for the A210.

Seidio CSR3MTRM-BK SURFACE Case for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $28.40
2 used & new from $28.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A slim & strong case, January 5, 2013
I've had the case for less than a week. Putting on and taking off the case is easy. All ports, sensors, diodes, and buttons remain uncovered and are easily accessible. It even helps me distinguish between the power and volume buttons by touch. The case does cover the card media door. This is a positive, because the inability of this phone's door to remain closed is a (common) problem.

The texturized rubber material surrounding the hard case is pleasant to hold and similar to the texturized rubber material backing the phone. It provides slightly less traction than the phone's backing, but, with this case, I now have better traction on the sides of the phone, which is where all the phone holding really goes on anyway, so this is an improvement.

It is form-fitting, light weight, and feels strong. The case adds about 1/16 of an inch to the sides and bottom of the phone. The protective bumper around the screen extends a bit more than 1/16 of an inch above the screen. There is an additional piece of felt glued to the inside of the "bottom case". The thin form factor makes it easy to carry in my front pocket. It does not come with a thin sheet of plastic to put over the screen, but I don't think this is really necessary with already scratch resistant gorilla glass on the phone.

This case is a very good buy... to be verified once I drop the phone on its edges, corners, or front. I'll keep you posted if I do.

Member's Mark - Omega 3, 6, 9 Dietary Supplement 1200 mg, 325 Softgels
Member's Mark - Omega 3, 6, 9 Dietary Supplement 1200 mg, 325 Softgels
Offered by e-Shop Direct
Price: $21.84
4 used & new from $19.55

5.0 out of 5 stars According to my bottle..., January 28, 2012
Each softgel is assured to release contents within 15 minutes and contains:

10 cal, 1 g fat, 300 mg EPA + DHA

800 mg Fish (Anchovy, Bonito, Culpea, Salmon, Sardine, & Sprat) oil (180 mg EPA, 120 mg DHA)
50 mg Borage (officinalis) seed oil (11 mg GLA, 18 mg LA, 7 mg OA)
150 mg Flaxseed (usitatissimum) seed oil (75 mg ALA, 18 mg LA, 21 mg OA)
200 mg Safflower (tincorius) flower oil (140 mg CLA, 15 mg OA)

some Soy
no gluten
no Evening Primrose
no Black Currant

P.S. The pill potency guarantee on my bottle expired Nov 2011, other product batches, including that sold above, likely vary in content. I gave the product 5 stars, because I and three people I know find these pills' odor, taste, texture, and gastrointestinal effects easily bearable and suitably unremarkable at 1 pill a day; however, I can't easily evaluate its content or efficacy claims. I guess my willingness to take a leap of faith with these manufacturers is about inversely proportional to their prices.

RND 2.1A (fast) Dual USB Car Charger for Smartphones iPads Tablets MP3 Players and Gaming Devices (Black)
Offered by RND Power Solutions
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, September 14, 2011
It charges just fine, but it broke within a month. Both of the USB ports were pulled out of the charger body after normal plugging and unplugging of USB cables. Completely unusable after this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2011 7:48 AM PDT

HTC Micro USB Data Cable DC-M400 for HD2, Aria, Legend, Desire A8181, Wildfire, 4G Evo Supersonic and Droid Incredible - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $5.79
15 used & new from $1.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Micro USB male port too small to work effectively, September 14, 2011
The product charges the phone just fine when it is fully connected. But, the micro USB end is smaller than my official HTC cable. It constantly disconnects from USB and stops charging, because of the extra wiggle room. This happens to both my HTC Droid Incredible and to a Samsung Intercept phone. So, I can't move the phone while it's charging or it might stop charging. It's not for car charging.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great. Lasted about a year, July 12, 2011
It never did a very good job of charging my Droid Incredible. Just kept the juice level constant or at a less precipitous decline while I used my phone on the road for things like Navigation or Pandora. Began breaking down (charging intermittently) after about 8 months, then it stopped charging completely after about 1 year. Got a much better charger a couple weeks ago for just a bit more. It's not worth whatever you're paying for it, unless it's free.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2011 4:50 AM PDT

Kaplan GRE Psychology
Kaplan GRE Psychology
by Kaplan
36 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Princeton Review vs. Kaplan, February 8, 2007
This review is from: Kaplan GRE Psychology (Paperback)
I studied from two books: The Princeton Review's Cracking the GRE and Kaplan's GRE Psychology. I never had a psychology class in college - I'm a chemist - most of this was new. But I scored an 800 on the test, apparently, 99th percentile. Here were my impressions:

Kaplan - Much more thorough than Princeton Review's; it was very dense and seemed to try to touch on every concept that might be a question on the test. This can be a bit overwhelming and certainly confusing, as I noticed numerous typos, contradictions, and other errors that sent me to the web for clarification and correction. The book's organization is poorer for review than The Princeton Review's, so keep your own notes and keep them organized.

Cracking the GRE - I enjoyed the presentation and the organization of the material. It was straightforward, covered the basics, and clean with upbeat, if cheesy, dialogue and photos. It made it easier to learn, but left out a lot that was in Kaplan. This is a quick review for someone without much time, but NOT for someone, like me, who knows nothing about psychology.

Both books contained some information not found in the other (this was more true for Kaplan than "Cracking"). Also, there were questions on the test wholly unrelated to anything I'd studied in either book. I suspect then, no prep book can prepare you completely for the test. Likewise, the books' sample tests will not reliably predict your performance, since the questions on the books' practice tests rarely require knowledge not supplied in the books.
If you're crunched for time, just get Kaplan's book and move on to "Cracking" if you've mastered the first. If you're really crunched for time, say a week or two, just go for "Cracking". But if you have the time, get both books. I found they supported each other and I learned enough to score better than most. Read "Cracking" first to get the test material straight in your mind, then Kaplan to fill in the gaps. In taking book practice tests, and the official ETS one (an absolute MUST since it seems more difficult), don't get too upset if you don't have a clue on some questions. I skipped about 5 questions on the actual test and I guessed on at least 10 more and I still did well.

Good luck.

Cracking the GRE Psychology Subject Test, 7th Edition
Cracking the GRE Psychology Subject Test, 7th Edition
by Princeton Review
53 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Princeton Review vs. Kaplan, February 8, 2007

Good luck.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2013 7:00 PM PST

Cracking the MCAT with Practice Questions on CD-ROM (Graduate Test Prep)
Cracking the MCAT with Practice Questions on CD-ROM (Graduate Test Prep)
by Princeton Review
19 used & new from $0.35

2.0 out of 5 stars So many errors, February 18, 2006
I got this free from a friend, but if I bought a book I'd go for one with fewer typos, misdefinitions, and other errors because it can cause confusion and slow you down. Not to mention any and all the errors I missed and took for fact. I'm halfway through the book and am now constantly checking the book's claims against textbooks and the web. This may be "bad learning", but it's better than not brushing up at all for the MCAT.