Profile for Joseph Prinz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph Prinz "Joe Piana" RSS Feed (Denver, CO United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony DSXMS60 Marine Digital Media Receiver w/ Internal USB
Sony DSXMS60 Marine Digital Media Receiver w/ Internal USB
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $68.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very nice accept for one minor detail, January 22, 2015
Very nice accept for one minor detail.. the display as others have pointed out loses its connection to the main unit, flickers and renders all the controls useless. Now Im on a search for a new unit when this is only 6 months old. Nice job to the Sony engineer who designed the connector on this.. hope you sleep well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 12:21 PM PST

Harley-Davidson Men's Ranger Riding Boot
Harley-Davidson Men's Ranger Riding Boot
Price: $113.45 - $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots.. even though made in China, January 18, 2014
So.. I just received these and havent worn them but around the house.. I will report back later but here is my initial review.. first off, I dont think Harley markets these anymore.. sad.. because I just love these boots.. I really wanted 'engineer' boots but when I went to the dealer too try them on I felt like my foot was in a coffin.. the length was right, but there is so much room that I could never have walked in the much.. this seems to be the case with all engineer boots.. so.. laces it is.. and these are a great compromise..

Initial impression: leather is "ok".. not great but its good enough, Id say just barely "rider" quality.. but it passes inspection.. these are made in china which made me sigh when I saw that.. but clearly, specs are being dictated and there is quality control because all the stitching looks good and the leather selection looks like its consistent boot to boot..

I wear a 10.5-11.. ordered a 10.5 and they fit perfect.. the laces let you pull everything tight and there is zero break-in as far as I can tell.. my guess is these are just gonna get really comfy over time.

As far as the zipper it looks to be high quality and getting in and out without touching the laces is not very difficult at this point.. I thought I read there was a lining in these boots however there is not.. so I suspect in and out will get easier as the "suede" inside gets smoothed out..

I dont think Id change anything about this boot.. I love the style of the lower buckle.. I shall pretend I am Arnold Schwarzneger as I wear these.. If you wear jeans you only see 2 laces anyhow.. so an engineer boot wont make that drastic of an appearance difference.. I suspect Im gonna get a lot of wind thru the laces.. which in the winter is gonna blow, but in the hot months its going to be a welcome cooling experience..

Im surprised more people dont like these boots.. clearly, Im in the minority cuz otherwise harley would still be selling.. I just looked and they do have something similar.. but it has a 1.75" heel height.. I think that would drive me nutty.. be really hard to walk.. which was another issue with the harley engineer boots.. though at 5'10" Id welcome the .75" extra height..

K&N KN-170C Harley Davidson High Performance Oil Filter
K&N KN-170C Harley Davidson High Performance Oil Filter
Price: $12.34
53 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars chrome, June 18, 2013
I gained like 200 HP due to the chrome on this filter... best bang for the buck of you ask me!

Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company MMCC Riding Gloves (Black, Medium)
Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company MMCC Riding Gloves (Black, Medium)
Price: $18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars love these!, June 18, 2013
these are WONDERFUL summer bike gloves if you ask me.. fit perfect and the gel seems to help.. A+. Gonna order the non perforated for cooler weather... leather is perfect thickness.. I feel protected yet I can move.

Vega XTS-XTP Half Helmet Ear Pad ()
Vega XTS-XTP Half Helmet Ear Pad ()
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Well.. not so great, June 18, 2013
These dont "stick" to my helmet.. you can kinda push them in behind the padding but they are a pain in the butt and fall out when taking the helmet off.. not happy with them.. gonna have to buy a helmet with them.

Lugz Men's Zone Boot,Black,11 D US
Lugz Men's Zone Boot,Black,11 D US
Offered by 6pm, LLC
Price: $39.99
10 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh... Id look elsewhere, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Lugz Men's Zone Boot (Apparel)
The top "loops" are so sharp the laces were cut within I would say 5 wearings of these. I need to buy some leather laces and hope they dont get cut.. Im also expecting those upper loops to snap off because occasionally I find one bent outward.. they are only gonna be bent back so many times. Lastly, my opinion is that these are uncomfortable shoes.. I guess for the price they are ok but... I wouldnt buy them again.. Id spend more on a quality pair of shoes.. kind of a waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2013 6:17 PM PST

HitLights 5 Watt MR16/GU10 Warm White LED Bulb - 10 Year Lifespan, Replaces 40 Watt - 3000K, 400 Lumens, 120V AC
Offered by HitLights
Price: $35.90
3 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really able to recommend these.., February 7, 2012
I really have no excuse.. I bought one of these and installed it into a track in my kitchen with 50w halogens.. I should have disconnected all my halogens before I made my final decision.. which was to buy 5 more. I bought these with prime shipping for well under 10 increasingly worthless US dollar paper bills so Im not exactly kicking myself in my behind.. but the reality is these lights are not pretty. I wish I never read "sickly green" light in reference to LED lights because that how I view these now.. On the bright side (ha ha ha) these 3 watt bulbs used on a track are enough light for my kitchen.. if they were the same color as an 7.5w A19 LED I bought from Lowes Id be happy (for much much more $$$ of course).. so its possible to get good light from LED's.. these just arent the ones which is why they are so cheap..

Will I keep them? Yeah, Im not much for returning stuff especially when I did my due diligence.. but I will buy better ones when they come down to this price range.

Buying LED lights are a lot like buying a toyota prius.. no payback but it feels good to know we are lessening our impact on this planet and also knowing if things get really bad you have set yourself up to live economically.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2013 9:42 AM PDT

Case-Mate Barely There Case for HTC EVO 4G - 1 Pack - Case -Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Wireless ProTech
Price: $6.50
2 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best skinny case, January 17, 2012
I'm very tough on my things, though at 40 something I'm starting to learn to treat my things with respect. However.. I have still dropped my phone more times than I can remember with this case and its fine. I even bought a spare screen for it because history says Im going to break mine.. however, after about 8 months, no use for it yet. In my opinion, if you want the skinniest case out there that will take a 3-4ft drop then this is it. I also wanted the camera available which eliminated many tough cases. A standard cheapo silicone case is not going to even compare to this case, I had one so I know.. I knew if I dropped it on a corner it was gonna pop the screen.. this case has nylon-plastic at each corner and a silicone insert. Also, the silicone is not popping out or doing anything weird like I have read about with other cases.. The only complain I have is there is a little silicone visible on top so if you pocket the phone like I do it still grabs the material in the pocket and makes you swear now and then because it doesnt want to come out of your jean pocket... this could be a good thing for you guys wearing droopy drawers with your favorite baggy shorts exposed for us all to marvel at.

I really dont see a need for anything tougher.. if you break your phone with this case you probably should order a motorola brick phone and see if you can still get analog cell service.

HTC EVO 4G 3.5mm Handsfree Headset w/Microphone & On/Off Switch
HTC EVO 4G 3.5mm Handsfree Headset w/Microphone & On/Off Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars EVO 4g Experience, February 10, 2011
I've only had these for two days so cant speak to reliability yet.. Functionality-wise these work on my Evo 4g. I saw the only other review but my button worked fine.. you do have to push hard to get the plug in all the way.. maybe this is what the problem is with the other reviewer.. the button started and stopped music fine.. I have not answered a call with yet but I suspect it will work. I do wish it had a volume control on it as I want to use them to run with. On the EVO 4g when you get a message or something the music is interrupted thru the headphones so you hear the "notification".. it just goes back to the music after a moment. I spoke on the phone with these and it worked well in a quiet environment.. when asked how I sounded the reply was "great". I dont know about my car yet... I'll try and ad an addendum to this when I try it. I plan to buy an insurance policy on these.. yes one is available for about $10.00 you can insure these with a no charge replacement.. just order 2 more of them. :)

Sound quality: well first off I am an audiophile type.. so my comments are based on being very picky. these phones sound "tinny".. I did a back to back with Apple's ear phones (which BTW I consider some of the best oddly enough when stacked up to even my $120 ear buds, (and Im not an Apple fan obviously)...)... and these are tinny and abraisive sounding.. I have not found the EQ on the 4g yet but when I do I hope to get some more bass and warmth into them (doubt I will do much about it)... but these are really meant for phone conversations which they work awesome for the purpose. BTW... these might "break in" and get less tinny... it can happen.

I'm only sorry I had to but more stuff made in china... sigh...

Departure
Departure
Price: $5.89
40 used & new from $1.51

5.0 out of 5 stars To Steve Perry, February 26, 2009
This review is from: Departure (Audio CD)
To Steve Perry (and I KNOW he will read this): Quit being such a WUSS.. if you are going to act this way then remove your contract from Journey and let them perform without paying you. Believe it or not Journey DOES go on without you. Neal is playing his BEST EVER guitar work. And while their current foreign singer (name "escapes" me) really was a huge mistake, Augeri was awesome and I hope he comes back. Frankly I listen to his work with Journey almost daily.. its is incredible. He doesnt sing like you or try to copy you (listen to his previous work Steve) he is a singer with soul.. are you "better" than him? Well, music is a state of preference.. so there is no correct answer to that.. so you go on doing your stupid remastering projects and thinking about whether you want to put yourself out there and do some solo stuff. Thats fine.. nothing wrong with that.. but in YOUR words: leave Journey ALONE.

Oh and "I never really felt I was part of Journey".. what a joke. You acted like a jacka$$ while you were in Journey Steve.. grow up.. call Neal and make your peace.. lose the weight you put on, and maybe drop down an octave and perform NEW material.. dont even do the old stuff if you cant anymore.. dont do anything to tarnish your history.. just be who you are NOW and do your best..

I only tell you this because I have seen Neal recently and Im telling you he is at his all time best! You are missing something! Please boot that Perry sound alike they have now.. UGH... NEAL! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2011 7:00 PM PST