Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Reise O'Reilly > Reviews

Browse

Reise O'Reilly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reise O'Reilly RSS Feed (Somewhere in time)

Page: 1 | 2
Keys Solar RX Therapeutic Sunblock SPF 30
Keys Solar RX Therapeutic Sunblock SPF 30
Offered by BEAUTY INSIDE
Price: $26.95
2 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, but now sold out everywhere, July 4, 2008
Here are the EWG's (Environmental Working Group) five most effective and safest sunscreens (It's been on the news and such lately as well):

1. Keys Soap Solar Rx Therapeutic Sunblock

2. Zia Natural Skincare Daily Moisture Screen
3. Formula 405 Aha Day Face Cream
4. Gillette Complete Skincare Facial Moisturizer
5. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Time Complex Moisture Cream

That's why this one is back-ordered a lot this summer.

The Cartoon History of the Modern World Part 1: From Columbus to the U.S. Constitution (Pt. 1)
by Larry Gonick
Price: $11.01
106 used & new from $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy., June 7, 2008
He always uses humor to bring low the ego of man and the pomposities of our forefathers, and hence ourselves. It's good we don't take ourselves too seriously. We will make better choices for our future that way.

For those who might criticize this book as glossing over certain episodes: Well, I hope this isn't someone's *only* history book. It should just be in everyone's collection along with other reputable history volumes. These books are good for pointing out the history hidden well between the lines in most history texts.

Where the Red Fern Grows
Where the Red Fern Grows
by Wilson Rawls
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.43
433 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah a blast from the past, June 5, 2008
I had to read this book in elementary school, but I've been thinking about it lately and wondered if it was still around. Looks like it's not only around, but being used in schools just as regularly as before. Also with 1200+ reviews, I'm not sure it needs any more, including this one.

I will say that even though I haven't read it in twenty years, that it still makes me want to shed a little tear. I can't say that for many other books.

The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary
The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary
by Merriam-Webster
143 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another dictionary?, June 5, 2008
While it's nice to have an "official" book around when playing, I've always found that any agreed-upon dictionary works just as well--if not better. Also it's a pain to carry a book around, so I'd rather just define the "official" dictionary with whatever dictionary is handy. And now with the internet, it's just as easy to check an online dictionary.

Then again I play scrabble purely for amusement. Perhaps more hardcore players have valid reasons for needing an "official" Scrabble dictionary.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2009 11:42 AM PDT

Ginger Snaps
Ginger Snaps
DVD ~ Emily Perkins
22 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Teen agnst with a bite, June 5, 2008
This review is from: Ginger Snaps (DVD)
I admit I love this movie. It's dark and gothic and has a lot of teeth for a teen horror movie. The ending is a bit of a bummer, but there is a lot of fun along the way.

Holy Smoke!
Holy Smoke!
DVD ~ Kate Winslet
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $32.88
30 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars This was quite good, June 5, 2008
This review is from: Holy Smoke! (DVD)
Who really brainwashes who? Are we all brainwashed? Is love just brainwashing or does love set us free?

A lot of interesting questions are raised, and the results are entertaining. The ending left me slightly empty, but overall a fun and well made movie.

Heavenly Creatures The Story of God\'s Love for His Animals and All of Creation.
by Dee Ann Drechsel Messerli
16 used & new from $12.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd little book I found charming, June 5, 2008
First of all I'm not Christian. I picked this up with a bunch of other non-mainstream books in the last few months. It was charming really. I mean I don't see why animals can't have a soul after all. Some of them have a lot more intelligence and passion that many humans.

Moon Age Daydream
Moon Age Daydream
by Shaun Von Dragen
13 used & new from $2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Blistering neurological nightmarescape and yet with an escapable sense of nostalgia, June 5, 2008
This review is from: Moon Age Daydream (Hardcover)
The nostalgia seems to be for all things psychedelic, especially music between early Pink Floyd up through the Cars.

The language is funky fun and the pacing is fast enough.

The end left me desiring to know more, and yet I know I missed many clues and layers. I hope to get more the second time through.

The Girls' Yoga Book: Stretch Your Body, Open Your Mind, and Have Fun! (Girl Zone)
by Micheala Caldwell
28 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for adults, June 3, 2008
I liked this better than most "adult" books on Yoga. Definitely work a look for adults new to Yoga as well as girls.

The Devil Wears Prada
The Devil Wears Prada
by Lauren Weisberger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
429 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, maybe slightly over-blown, June 3, 2008
This is a good book, but what fascinates me most is that it has the most even distribution of reviews on any book I've seen on Amazon. 1, star, 2 star, etc. all get about the same votes. Take a look. You don't see it so even like that very often.

This is a book that is really not for everyone. Being into fashion helps, and the author walks a wobbly line between glorifying the fashion industry and critiquing it.

At any rate, it's a few notches above the movie, so if you enjoyed that, you would most likely find this book a fun and easy read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2008 8:51 PM PST