Profile for Paul E. OConnell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul E. OConnell "Coach PO'C" RSS Feed (Ashburn, VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Bracketron IPM-423-BX Universal 12V Power Flex Neck Dock with X-Grip Holder and USB Port - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $16.86
44 used & new from $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds phone well, but plug doesn't remain seated in the DC outlet, December 5, 2013
I have to reseat the plug frequently to keep power flowing through the USB port. This gets frustrating when I realize my phone isn't charging because the plug has loosened.

Without Motive Season 1
Without Motive Season 1
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical British cop drama, September 4, 2013
This was engaging enough for me to run through all six episodes in one day... then follow on with the second season soon after. There's one thing I really like about a lot of British dramas... the ladies can't keep their hands off some average looking guys. Makes me consider a move across the Atlantic.

Whirlpool Part Number W10286326: GRILLE, VENT (BLACK)
Whirlpool Part Number W10286326: GRILLE, VENT (BLACK)
Offered by LaundryDoc
Price: $45.05

4.0 out of 5 stars No image available..., September 1, 2013
I located the part number for this vent cover on a Whirlpool site then purchased it from Amazon based on the part number. On the original site, the part has the "Whirlpool Gold" logo. The part arrived with a "Whirlpool" logo. Not a real big deal, but not what I expected.

Fit is perfect. It includes metal clips that the screws (not included, I used the ones from the original vent cover) pass through. These weren't there in the original installation, and I think that lead to the original vent cracking around the screws. The actual cause was probably over tightening (my fault), but I think these clips would have helped.

Took off a star because it wasn't the logo I was expecting and because it didn't come with mounting screws and washers. That said, it's a perfect fit and the black matches the microwave (as Nigel Tufnel would say, "There's none blacker.").

The Name of the Rose
The Name of the Rose
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movies adapted from a novel, July 22, 2013
No 2 hour movie can fully capture a complete novel. However, "The Name of the Rose" does a great job of balancing the theatrical with the intent of the original work. Read the book then see the movie or see the movie and then read the book. I think this one works both ways.

Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow characters, July 22, 2013
Money and time spent on special affects could have been spent on creating a character based story. Stephen King's "Under the Dome" asks us to think about what is hidden in our closets and how will we react and behave when these things are brought to light. This series should have used classic non-special affects and concentrated on the characters.

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Amnesia as a good plot device, but too preachy, July 5, 2013
I've read most of Dan Brown's novels, and each seems more preachy than the last. In this case, climate change and population growth have only a single possible outcome and everyone who doesn't agree is blind to the truth. Really got tiresome as this theme was flogged to death. However, the story uses amnesia as a plot device better than any I remember (perhaps Dan Brown is a fan of "The Hangover?") and the pace is brisk. The characters are interesting, but two dimensional. They don't live up to the better developed heroes and villains "The Da Vinci Code."

Champion Score Keeper Large Fluorescent Green Bull 100-yard Target (Pack of 12)
Champion Score Keeper Large Fluorescent Green Bull 100-yard Target (Pack of 12)
Offered by Birds Eye Supply
Price: $3.28
7 used & new from $3.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the eyes..., July 5, 2013
I'd have given this five stars if the paper was a bit heavier. It's hard for me to get it stapled flat on the target backing compared to heavier stock targets. However, it is easy to see through my rifle scope or behind my pistol's iron sites.

Fallen [HD]
Fallen [HD]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, creepy, creepy, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Fallen [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Did I mention creepy?

Great cast, excellent pacing.

John Goodman should be the "buddy" in every cop movie.

Playback was flawless and image quality was great.

And creepy.

Seagate 1TB Laptop SSHD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000LM014)
Price: $77.00
99 used & new from $67.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathing new life in an Inspiron 14z, April 17, 2013
My daughter's Dell Inspiron 14z died. Her words. She bought a new laptop, and eventually I retrieved the Dell from her. After running some diagnostics, it was clear that the hard drive was failing. I chose the Seagate 1TB hybrid drive because of 1) the price, 2) the potential for speeding up the computer, and 3) the capacity. The drive arrived with no instructions. But that's OK, because you really don't need instructions. I pulled the old drive out, inserted the new one, and booted from a Windows 7 install DVD. Done deal. OK...I spent some time tracking down all the right drivers for the USB controller etc. But as far as the hard drive goes, couldn't have been easier. Maybe it's just me, but the computer does seem to boot a LOT faster and I don't hear the disks spinning. It's supposed to get faster as I use it, so I'll report back if it doesn't perform as advertised.

Scramble With Friends Free
Scramble With Friends Free
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat hates this game..., February 28, 2013
This review is from: Scramble With Friends Free (App)
...because when I play I don't pay attention to her. Plenty of play time before waiting for you opponent's turn. Smart feature finds opponents matched to you skill level.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8