Profile for C. Plesu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Plesu "Cris" RSS Feed (NY)

American Biotech Labs - Silver Biotics Ultimate Immune System Support 10 Ppm - 32 oz.
Offered by Vitamin Discount Center
Price: $32.99
25 used & new from $32.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive distilled water, September 9, 2014
I bought and used this brand before. This time I happen to have a TDS meter in my hand, and the reading shows 4ppm. I send it back for refund, and bought another brand, which advertises 10ppm silver, but the TDS reads 17ppm.
I guess AB Labs built a name, then started to cut corners. And before one might give me a scientific explanation of why TDS meters are not as precise as their Atomic Absorption Machine, please answer why silver sold by Colloidal Research shows 17ppm on my TDS meter. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Lipper International 523/4C Child's Chairs, Set of 2, Cherry
Lipper International 523/4C Child's Chairs, Set of 2, Cherry
Price: $70.90
10 used & new from $54.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor execution, October 22, 2013
Nice design, real wood. Ugly part is that chairs are wobbly, no matter how much I tighten the screws. They drilled insets to bury the screws, but the insets are way too deep, and wood around the screws cracked. The I had to use some L shape brackets to reinforce the chairs. See photos.

Epson Expression Home XP-850 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax C11CC41201
Price: $199.99
64 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Expression XP-850, December 12, 2012
I have this printer for about a month, I am very impressed with it so far. I still didn't replace cartridges that came with. I was a bit anxious choosing this printer, because there was no user review online yet for XP-850. I found some reviews for XP-800, but would not compare,since this baby is completely new design. It uses different cartridges, and seemed to be more photo inclined. XP850 takes six cartridges: Black, Magenta, Light Magenta, Cyan, Light Cyan and Yellow. The XP-800 uses C-M-Y-K and Photo Black.

I am a hobbyist photographer, and wanted a decent printer for my photos, but didn't want to spend more than $300 for one. So far I was printing my photos online, or at local CVS store. They were rarely printed to my taste, as usually they are adding more contrast or saturation to my photos, making them look different from what I have in my computer.
My monitor has visual color and gamma adjustment/calibration. I'm adjusting my photos using Lightroom 4. Photos are printed on Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper GLOSSY. The prints look accurate with what I see on my monitor, beautiful vivid colors.

I have the xp-850 wired to my main machine, also connected with WiFi to a laptop in another room. Also installed an application on my Android phone and I could print images or web pages from my smart phone. I don't see myself doing that, so I removed the app.
Wifi is easy to set up, works great, no issues. I like the fact that tray comes out automatically, on my older printer sometimes I would forget to open the door and extend the tray, and printed paper would get stuck inside. Printing from another room wirelessly, you won't have to ask yourself: Is the tray open or not ?
I have 4x6 photo paper in cassette1, and A4 in cassette2. But I have option to load 4x6 photo paper in cassette1, 8.5x11 photo paper in cassette2, and A4 paper in the rear feed slot. Easy to choose from the menu which of the cassette to use.

There are plenty features you get on this printer for less than $300. Two side printing, ADF (automatic document feeder), Fax, Scan, Copy, print from memory card, print on CD, touch screen with intuitive menu. Also wireless connection to your phone/tablet or laptop. I won't focus at all this features.
Most people care about print quality and how long the cartridges last. Everything else is bundle. I can confirm that print quality exceeded my expectation. Every photo that comes out is simply beautiful. I'm studying every inch of the photo, looking at all details and can't find anything to complain about. What I see on my IPS monitor, I'm holding in my hands as print. I can't compare it to competition, as my previous printer was a junk used mostly to print online coupons.

Will have to update my review after one or two cartridge changes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update April 18 - 2013

Hello everyone, I'm back six months after I purchased this printer as I promised, to update my review. First, I'm happy to see there are more reviews of this printer, and sad to see that some people are not fully happy with it.
This printer maintains highest rating of 5 stars from me. The quality of prints still amazes me. I can say that this printer improved my photography and pp editing skills. I am more careful when composing my photos, striving for better photos worth printing.
I went through two sets of cartridges and now a third one is loaded. I've printed so far 43 photos 4x6, 10 photos 8.5x11, and 6 printable discs (Philips DVD+R White inkjet printable). I don't have the exact number of draft prints, but I surely finished a pack of 500 sheets of Staples multipurpose paper (98 brightness)
All photos were printed with the highest quality available.
We're printing daily something. Either a crossword, a coupon, or a document. I never had any issue with printing speed unlike one of the reviewers, but that's maybe because I'm a patient kind of person. Or maybe because I would trade speed for quality. Speaking of that, there is a setting which gives you the option to have your prints come out faster.

Anyway, here some thoughts:

In my initial review, I didn't see myself printing from a smart phone or tablet. Well, Santa brought an Android tablet for my wife, and now she's printing daily crosswords, from the couch, using her tablet, while I'm working on the main computer. I find it very convenient. Without this feature, I would have to move away from the computer.

My advice to potential owners of this printer: Always have a spare set of cartridges. ALWAYS. Think ahead, buy in advance, because if you run out of one of those six cartridges, your printer can only be used to scan to PC. Nothing is more frustrating than getting ready to go see a game or a Broadway show, and you realize you can't print your tickets. Didn't happen to me, this is just a scenario, but be warned.
The black cartridge seems to go faster, and I recommend to go with the XL version. The rest of the colors, don't need to be XL, unless you print a lot.
The six cartridges, will not finish the ink in the same time. Today you're changing the magenta, in 3 days the yellow, in one or 2 weeks the cyan, and so on. This might give the impression to some people that the printer sucks a lot of ink. Have spare cartridges ready.
Mistakes will happen, expect to trash few high quality papers. I's unavoidable. I screwed one DVD, because I didn't check the printing settings carefully. The Philips I bought, they have an inner circle of 23mm, and I would have to choose a custom diameter.
Other time, I loaded the 4x6 photo paper upside down, and printed on wrong side. The manual says that printer can be damaged if this occurs. Mine works fine, although I cleaned the printing heads immediately.
Remember to stock up on cartridges, otherwise you'll miss the show. LOL

UPDATE January 2014

More than a year has passed since I purchased this printer. I'm still maintaining the maximum rating of 5 stars.
I didn't experience any paper jams except once when I loaded a very thick paper (more like carton) to print a Halloween mask for my son. It was a Gap gift box I cut it the size of A4 paper. I tried second time and worked quite nice lol.
Interesting is that it never run out of ink in the middle of a printing. With low cartridge warning on for long time, I'm loading 8x10 photo paper and hit print, thinking it would be a waste of paper if it runs out of ink in the middle of the printing process. It never happened, I don't know how they do it.

I've said a lot of good things about this printer in my previous review, and thought to bring some critiques this time. But I really have nothing to complain about. If there is something, I could complain is the software that comes with.
If you want to print a jpeg on lower photo quality using regular white paper, the printer will give you options only for premium paper, and photo/best photo quality. You have to dig dip in the settings to rich the "bright white paper" and lower draft quality.
The CD printing software, I would like to see "maintain aspect ratio" when printing a photo on a cd. This option is missing, and have to drag the corners until the photo doesn't look distorted to my eye.
The printing preview of a cd is hidden under "Blur" settings. Took me some time to find it.

I would buy this printer again.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 8:44 PM PDT

Sony 16GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card (SF16UX/TQ)
Sony 16GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card (SF16UX/TQ)
Offered by Focus Corp
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, October 20, 2012
This review is for Sony 16GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card (SF16UX/TQ)
If you are looking to upgrade your SD cards to more speedy ones, look elsewhere. This card (Sony 16GB SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-I 94MB/s)is not as fast as they advertise. It has actually similar performance with Sandisk Extreme 30MB/sec. Which is not that bad, but I specifically purchased this card thinking I'm upgrading speed. Sandisk Class 10 45Mb/sec are priced very similar with this Sony SD card. I should have bought more of those. They are much faster than this Sony 94Mb/Sec
The only reason this card doesn't get one star rating, is because I'm actually using it. Next time, will stick with Sandisk. Their advertised speeds are accurate.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 8:49 PM PDT

Oster 6627 100-Watt Milkshake Drink Mixer, Chrome
Oster 6627 100-Watt Milkshake Drink Mixer, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars I have it for 5 (five) years and still running, April 13, 2011
As I said in the title, I have this blender for 5 years. I love frappe as my coffe regardless of season, and i was buying those from a greek coffee shop close to my house.I decided to start making my own frappe since not all the baristas were making creamy foam for my frappe. I am using it exclusively for Cafe Frappe, and it does a great job at doing that. I almost never use the second speed as the slower is good enough for my needs.
I am stunned to see how many people are unhappy with this product. I don't know what they expect from it. I used to work in a coffee shop and I know how to make a nice creamy frappe.
Recently, we had a party at home, and all the guests got my famous frappe. Everybody loved it and some even asked for the specific model of the blender to buy the same. Thats how I found it here and saw the reviews. If your milk shake doesn't thicken, its not the blender. Its you. Get some training how to do it right.
Also someone was unhappy with the fact that the blade its not removable for washing. I don't find that a negative. I usually put clean water in the stainless steel cup and run the blender for few seconds. After 5 years, still looks like new.

Nokia N97 Unlocked Phone with Touchscreen, 3G, 5 MP Camera, A-GPS, 32 GB, MicroSD Slot, and Integrated Ovi Applications--U.S. Version with Warranty (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars I used to be a Nokia fan Adios Nokia ! Hello HTC !, January 28, 2011
I have this phone since it came out. After more than a year i know all the goods and the bads of this phone. Unlike other reviewers having this phone for a week or so.
Out of the box this phone was not working properly. The backlight won't go on when i would unlock the phone. I did research and find a new firmware wich fixed the issue.
Here is all the bads:
-the photos made with flash look awfull.glare shows in almost every picture.
-bad design for camera slider. Lots of dust gets there. Also sometimes it slides by itself in my pocket.
-photo gallery is slow and still doesn't have option to upload photos to facebook. There is an app for viewing the pix wich after one year is still in beta. Can't be set as a default photo viewer.
-in one year and still didn't get used to this keyboard. At the beginning of a sentence i have to press twice for a special character & number. In the middle of the sentence only once.
- often i would not be able to answer a phone call. The screen is unresponsive.
-The answer call and hang up '' buttons'' to close to eachother. hard press buttons woud be better instead of touch ones. I could answer a call while driving without looking at the phone. Than slide to activate loudspeaker.
-the shiny silver frame peeded off showing cheap platic.
-No stopwatch and countdown.
-i had like 10gb of music in it (out of 32gb max) and it takes forever to scroll thru the music files.
-Nokia maps is a joke. Would never find my location where google maps find it on the spot.
-bad memory management. I have to delete all the time cookies and cachee to make like 20mb space in the phone.
-it takes like 5 seconds to open a simple sms.sometimes even more.
-slow browser. I have opera installed so i stop usind the default one. It would be nice to be able to set the opera browser as default
-ovi store is a failure. no usefull programs to be found there .
I had to send the phone back for repairs last year in august. The headphone was not connected to it but showing that its connected. So the only way to hear someone on the phone was to activate the speaker or connect some headphones. They fixed it , did a factory reset and installed the latest firmware. No change on performance. I guess symbian sucks.
Yes. The operating sistem is worst out there.
I could go more and more but i have to go. This review was written from a HTC my touch 4G. Sorry for the typos. I will never buy a nokia again. At least until they catch up with samsung, htc and apple.
Peace.

Kidkusion Toddler Edge Kushions, Brown
Kidkusion Toddler Edge Kushions, Brown
Price: $14.99
16 used & new from $11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars The double side tape is a joke... But the cushion edge is good, January 13, 2011
I needed to cover a 6ft long edge on our bed. I taped the double side tape on both sides of the edge than applied the cushion. All good, until using the rest of the cushion.Discovered to my surprise that tape was all gone. So edge cushion is 12ft long, and that is the length of the double side tape. What about the other side of the edge cushion?? Its like buying a piece of furniture and they give you only half of the screws you need to put it together.
For the price you pay for this cushion, they should provide enough tape plus few inches more in case you mess up.

Almost 2 years after writing this review, I raised my rating from 1 to 3 stars. It saved my little one (and myself) from many bumps over the time (in addition to corner cushions which you can find on amazon also. I purchased additional tape to secure properly this cushion. Could be a five stars product if they would provide the tape.

3M Indoor Window Insulator Kit, 5-Window
3M Indoor Window Insulator Kit, 5-Window
Price: $13.87
48 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm bedroom, December 5, 2008
This is first time for me when I'm using this.I am impressed how effective this insulation kit is.
Highly recommended especially for people renting the place,where with minimum investment you get great results.
Anyone can install it.All you need is a scissors, a hair dryer and pacience.
The downside of this however, is that you can't open the window.Not for me, but if you open that window often, this item is not for you.Find a different solution.