Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Tony > Reviews

Browse

Tony's Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tony ""Medic Ricci"" RSS Feed (Yucaipa, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Mini Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Earpiece Earphone with Microphone Noise Cancelling for iPhone Samsung(Silver)
Offered by QX trade
Price: $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent device for the price and size!, July 21, 2016
I was sent an email with the usual invite to review (for a discount) the Mini Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Earpiece Earphone with Microphone Noise Cancelling for iPhone Samsung, but the earpiece was so cheap I bought one at its regular price because I was intrigued. So: This review was done WITHOUT receiving a discount, blah blah blah. My current Bluetooth earpiece is the Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset. It is the best earpiece I’ve ever used, and also the least expensive of any I’ve had (the $150+ Bose being my last), and it is THE ONE, the standard against which I’ll rate the Mini-Wireless Earbud. I charged and synched the Mini-Wireless Earbud without any problem—it’s intuitive. I wore it around for several days. It is very comfortable and fits really snugly. People said I sounded good, with a slight bit more echo or background noise noticeable, especially if I was driving or in a room with other people yacking. At first I was pretty critical because NOTHING compares to my Plantronics, but very quickly I got used to just having the Mini-Wireless Earbud. Its reduction in extraneous noise filtering is understandable given there is no boom to separate the microphone and audio output. In fact, it’s a miracle of engineering that such a small device can filter sound as well as it does. Overall, I’d say the sound quality I receive is practically as good as what I experience with the Plantronics, and the speaking quality (as received by people I call) is about 85% that of my Plantronics (in a noisy ambient environment) and 95% that of my Plantronics in a quiet room. I cannot speak to the longevity of the device in terms of sturdiness, but in my two days of use, I didn’t need to charge it. A quick list of Pros & Cons:

Pros:
-Incredibly small and comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, I kept forgetting it in my ear until my wife asked me “Are you going to wear that thing all the time like some sort of dork?”
-Excellent quality audio for the size/construction
-Nothing protruding to break, e.g. microphone boom, hook for the ear, etc.

Cons:
-Worse noise filtering than the best Bluetooth earpieces out there—mainly noticeable if you are outside and there’s wind, or air blowing from a car’s vents
-Interestingly, if you’re like me and obnoxiously eat food or chew on stuff while wearing a Bluetooth earpiece, that may cause the Mini-Wireless Earbud to fall out. Why? It doesn’t have a hook/loop to secure it to the outside of your ear. The act of chewing can start to work it loose in your ear. Otherwise, this is very snug and comfortable in the ear—enough so that you forget you have it in.

I’ll keep wearing this interchangeably with my regular Plantronics and update this review with a report on how well the Mini-Wireless Earbud holds up over the next weeks.

Conclusion: For the price, it’s hard to go wrong with this earpiece (I bought it for ~$14 if I recall). I write reviews as an altruistic behavior and because I’m weird that way, and hardly ever write one because I’m asked to. Ironically, since I have been writing reviews on my own, I am getting an increasing number of requests to write reviews for the obligatory discount. This poses a dilemma for me because, as with many others, when I read that fateful line “I wrote this honest review in return for a discount on this item” I have to really think hard if it is legitimate. I don’t want to spend the time and effort writing a review if no one believes it so…..I’ll have to figure that one out.

As always, reach out to me via the usual method if you have questions.

Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $23.28
14 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars EASILY the EQUAL of the BEST BLUETOOTH HEADSETS OUT THERE--BUT FOR SO MUCH LESS! OUR NEW FAVORITE, July 3, 2016
When Bose inexplicably stopped making their Bluetooth Earpieces I was devastated. They were the best, by far, of any earpiece I had ever used in the past 15 years. I wrote Bose, called them and searched the world to find more. I was seriously bummed, despite the fact that every time I was stupid and lost one, it cost >$150 to buy a new one. However, for me, an earpiece is indispensable. Enter the "cheapie" Plantronics Explorer 50. For 1/5th the cost of the Bose, this earpiece has become our new instant favorite. Its sound and transmission quality, battery life, durability, comfort and everything else matches or beats the Bose. Unlike the Bose, I can reverse ears with it with a simple twist. I am ordering a backup pair today because this earpiece is fantastic and I can't help but think that Bose, having ceased making their excellent, albeit hyper-expensive earpiece, actually did me a huge favor. This review reflects our experience with this headset over the past six months, showing that the devices are both excellent at first, and over the long term. Thanks Plantronics for an EXCELLENT and INEXPENSIVE device!

Thera-Band  Full Size Roller Massager and Muscle Massager Stick
Thera-Band Full Size Roller Massager and Muscle Massager Stick
Price: $26.47
10 used & new from $17.86

5.0 out of 5 stars For me, this is by far the best of many rollers tried and tested., July 1, 2016
I first learned of this roller while doing research on hamstring extensibility. The study in question found that five to ten seconds of rolling increased hamstring extensibility. PS: Hamstrings or other muscles don't get "short", they become over-active/tense. By whatever mechanism you prefer to believe--there is no certainty about why yet--using rollers helps allow muscles to relax as opposed to being mechanically stretched. Anyhow, since buying this, I have tried many other roller sticks, and I keep coming back to this one. Unlike other rollers, the surface ridges on this are fine enough to catch all targeted tissue surface. Unlike rollers with multiple "knobs" or separate parts, this works as a unit and applies consistent pressure. Unlike many rollers, this is stiff enough to use with high pressure for areas of muscle that require more pressure, e.g. the adductors of the thigh. It is solid! Finally, for travel purposes, it comes apart so that it fits on my carry-on. This roller is a MUST for me wherever I go, and in fact I'm posting here because I lost mine and the two loaner rollers I had been using sucked, so I'm going to buy another one :-)

The Cross Of Iron
The Cross Of Iron
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition after having watched the movie, and even more fun with a much richer and involved storyline!, May 25, 2016
This review is from: The Cross Of Iron (Kindle Edition)
I'd watched the movie based on this book, "Cross of Iron" several times, coming away each time thinking it was one of the better WWII movies around, and certainly one of the best of the Eastern Front--if not the best I've seen. I decided to read the book based on the character upon whom Steiner is based, and boy what a rewarding experience. Having read numerous personal accounts of warfare on the Eastern front, this book did not take any license with the "reality" as best as I can understand. The personal experience of the characters was riveting, with an interesting mix of interchanges on point of view, for example a passage might include a first-person idea/thinking by Steiner and then switch to another soldier's point of view. The plot was much extended compared to the movie, and more believable in the sense of the ambitious Hauptmann and the subplots therein. Perhaps the only aspect of the book that did not reflect the awful nastiness of warfare on the Eastern Front is that it did not describe much the incredible infestations of the soldiers by vermin, e.g. lice, fleas, and the skin conditions that accompanied them. I recommend this book to any WWII buff. It helps bring to light the interpersonal intra-squad dynamics that are the "world" of infantry (and military) everywhere.

Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster, Polished Alloy
Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster, Polished Alloy
Offered by Red Zone Sports
Price: $399.00
3 used & new from $386.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Preliminary: SOLID, ELEGANT, SIMPLE, and WILL NEVER BREAK, January 5, 2016
Initial review: I just received my Xiser [bought from their website] and the first things that come to mind: SOLID, ELEGANT, SIMPLE, and WILL NEVER BREAK. The stepper is like a well designed gun....minimal moving parts articulated for maximum efficiency and reliability. Truly impressed. Further comments pending.

Photive PH-BTE70 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds. Sweatproof Secure Fit Wireless Headphones Designed to Stay in your Ears
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $119.95
2 used & new from $32.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this, December 24, 2015
My third bluetooth headphones, and these are the charm (so far). Easy connection, excellent sound, excellent retention when I'm walking, working out, or riding my bike. So far the battery life has been great, and I sincerely hope the charge continues to remain good.

Twinlab Stress B-Complex Caps with Vitamin C, 250 Capsules
Twinlab Stress B-Complex Caps with Vitamin C, 250 Capsules
Offered by Buy Our Stuff Cheap
Price: $29.99
17 used & new from $24.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Strong smell from capsules leaking powder content., December 24, 2015
These capsules leak and the smell is so strong we wound up throwing them away. Went with coated tablets from another brand, and they are great.

Elite Squad
Elite Squad
DVD ~ Wagner Moura
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $49.98
27 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movies out there: gritty, sincere, insightful, and it makes you glad to live in the USA, December 24, 2015
This review is from: Elite Squad (DVD)
Simply one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones - Blue
Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Headphones - Blue
Offered by R&D Corp
Price: Click here to see our price
81 used & new from $52.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries that lose capacity within a month or so, December 24, 2015
Started as a great device, but first, ear plug caps fell off--no big deal, replaced and glued on, but the battery life degraded to <1 hour within a month of buying. If it weren't for the battery life, it would be great.

Nite Ize STPCR-11-R7 Nite Ize Steelie Car Mount Adhesive Replacement Kit - Car Mounts - Retail Packaging - N/A
Price: $8.11
27 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mounting accessory I've ever seen., December 24, 2015
These are truly the "IT" of improvised mounting systems. I use in my truck, on the fire engine, and my wife uses it in her POV as well as her patrol cruiser. Versatile, remarkably effective and a must-have for us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7