Profile for Crazy Cat Lady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 547

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Crazy Cat Lady ""Crazy Cat Lady"" RSS Feed (Hesperia, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
To Win The Guarded Heart (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! Book 4)
To Win The Guarded Heart (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!, June 24, 2015
First of all let me tell you that the characters felt well developed and had depth. I loved the characters. My only issue is with the story being so busy and having so many characters that it was so hard to keep up and left me exhausted just trying to figure out who was talking and who wasn't. Now I'm referring to the whole series not just this book. This book introduced even more characters but at least stayed pretty much on them but now that I have read all four books all I can say is, 'I'M CONFUSED!" Why can't any and I mean any of the characters, and there are a lot, be happy or even feel settled for at least a few chapters. There is so much going on with so many characters it really did make for a more difficult read (or that could just be me) and left me wondering 'WHAT?' The author does write very well and having studied World Mythology she really did have a handle on so many of the mythical beings and their part within their history. I'm debating on getting the next book because I think I may have to read all four again just to see if I can figure out what it is the author wants us to get out of the book. Too, after reading each one I felt bad that none of the characters felt any kind of completion or left with any sense of well being. So much violence and terror can really bring a reader down but we at least expect it will end at the end of the book, if not for some other than going to their next plane of existence and even then, that's not for sure.
I really didn't want to write a bad review but I was left so frustrated and feeling so bad for all the characters that I might have gotten carried away. I guess I'm more of a glass half full type of individual.

The Bear's Surrogate: A Paranormal Pregnancy Romance
The Bear's Surrogate: A Paranormal Pregnancy Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars Great take of Norse Mythology!!, June 20, 2015
I read this book with my Kindle Unlimited subscription as a free book. Out of all the books I have gotten free, this one is the first one I felt I wanted to review. First of all, I found the main characters well developed. The story jumped around some but I think it was meant to in order to create more mystery than poor writing. Some of the characters introduced later in the story were well placed and made sense if you know much about Norse Mythology. Norse Mythology in itself is very complex and some readers may find it hard to follow. I however, love Mythology in all cultures and found it refreshing to see it introduced and included within the story line. I have read many, many shifter, especially bear shifter books and found this one to be well developed and quite unique. It wasn't like reading just another bear shifter book with just the characters and landscape changed; it had substance to it. I could see where some may not have liked it though if they had no background in Mythology. The only reason I felt it deserved a 4 star to a 5 was that Rachel didn't get as much character development as Valemon. Rachel felt a little two dimensional where Valemon's family history and then later his mythological history received more depth where Rachel was left just in limbo. I do recommend this book highly but if you have no knowledge in Norse Mythology, you may find it difficult to follow or understand the hows and whys.

Bear in Mind: Pacific Northwest Werebears: (Bear Shifter Romance)
Bear in Mind: Pacific Northwest Werebears: (Bear Shifter Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!!, May 3, 2015
I loved this story. It was one that I could relate to as I've also recovered (not fully) from a brain injury so it gave me something to relate to. I liked the characters. They were well developed and were sarcastic and funny. The story while not complete didn't leave such a cliff hanger that it left the reader frustrated. I look forward to the next one in this series.

The Mating Season: A Paranormal Shifter Romance
The Mating Season: A Paranormal Shifter Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars A really nice read!!, March 30, 2015
I liked the story and although the concept was clear, the author did have a hard time keeping it flowing smoothly. I loved the characters and they were not one dimensional but had depth. I hope the author decides to make this a series and bring in some of the side characters and develop them more and bring them their own stories. The concept has great potential and it will just take a more developed story to create it and I believe White is close.
Kim is an interesting character and no one really knows how one will react or deal with the stuff she had to deal with. Those kind of circumstances either make us stronger or break us down and I for one was happy to see the former. I also liked the differing competing male characters, Keith and Tony. Their characters were also well developed and I thought it ended well. Although a supporting character, I liked Junior and feel he should get his own story and a chance to become what he was meant to be.
All in all it was a good read and I enjoyed it. I only gave it a 4 star rating because of some inconsistencies but they really didn't bother me that much. And really people, your hung up over the cover? It's the story that matters the most.

Snarling at the Moon (Shifting Crossroads Book 25)
Snarling at the Moon (Shifting Crossroads Book 25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the crossroads!!, March 8, 2015
I just love this series. I was pleased to see the author brought in some new paranormals to also be able to take advantage of the crossroads. I was also glad to see some of the Elves that had kidnapped shifters get their just punishments as well. The characters are well developed for such a short read and the story is entertaining. I think most readers just want the story to go on more and more. Looking forward to the next one as soon as I'm done reading the current book.

Taking on Tory: Magic, New Mexico Book 2
Taking on Tory: Magic, New Mexico Book 2
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new series!!, March 7, 2015
I am very taken with the Magic, New Mexico books. Each one has it's own unique qualities and the character development is very good. New Mexico is known for having a bit of paranormal uniqueness about the state anyways so basing a series out of the state works well. Smith's stories and characters are usually done well and draws in the reader quickly. There is enough characters to base quite a series on this town and look forward to reading more but the problem is that they just don't come fast enough.

Figure of Speech (Halle Shifters)
Figure of Speech (Halle Shifters)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, loved, loved this book!!, March 5, 2015
I have loved all the Halle Shifter books, some a bit more than others but this one I really loved. I suffered a TBI and had problems with my speech for a while afterwards so I understand how Chloe feels with her speech issues. Bell weaves humor into this speech impediment much how my family did with me to lighten things up some. I couldn't stop laughing especially when remembering my own mis-spoken words. The book deals with some serious issues but I loved the way Bell brought so much humor in to lighten it up some as she has with previous books in this series. I just love the characters that Bell has brought to life with this series and these books just don't come fast enough for me. We get updates on previous characters and we meet some new ones, some even nuttier than the main characters themselves. I like the direction that Bell has taken this series and I just can't wait to see where it continues to flow. I have to say that before I would have said that Bunny (Alex) and Tabby were my favorites but now I'm leaning toward Chloe and Jim more. There are just too many great characters to choose from and the stories are just too real. Hurry up with the next one, please.

Broken Wings (Tales of the Citadel Book 41)
Broken Wings (Tales of the Citadel Book 41)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!!, March 4, 2015
Love the series and all the characters. Grace has a great imagination and creates the most well developed and unique characters. Although they are all short novellas, the stories are always complete but the reader is usually left wanting more and more.

Coveted by the Bear: (A Bear Shifter Romance)
Coveted by the Bear: (A Bear Shifter Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!!, February 20, 2015
This is one of the best of T.S. Joyce's books I have read. The main characters, Caleb and Mira, as well as the supporting characters were very well developed and the story felt complete and well written. Joyce gives the reader just enough to keep the reader enthralled and waiting to see what will happen next that the story doesn't lag or bore the reader. Well done, with this one and a differing take on bear shifters as well.

Hidden Dragons: Dragon Knights
Hidden Dragons: Dragon Knights

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Dragons!!, January 30, 2015
I have read every book in this series and I love them but they just don't seem to come fast enough for when I am just done with one, I can't wait for the next book to come out. The characters are fresh and well developed and the story, although finished with a mystery and cliff hanger, is well written. I love this author's dragon series and the dragons themselves have so much character and an intricate part of the story. Isabelle is not some love sick fool and can actually think for herself and the men, Bear and Robert have dimension to their characters as well. As I said, I can't wait until the next one comes out. They are too few and in between for my taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20