Profile for NancyNurse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NancyNurse RSS Feed

Sold to the Highest Bidder
Sold to the Highest Bidder
Price: $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly engrossing read, October 13, 2011
I'm sorry. Given the look of the cover, I didn't think there would be much substance to this story, but I was surprised by getting engrossed in both main characters, feeling for where they were at, and rooting them on. The way this is written, I could easily see a Hallmark or Lifetime movie in the works :o)

(Kindle e-book purchased from Amazon)

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat)
Heat Rises (Nikki Heat)
by Richard Castle
Price: $19.12
120 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem with it, September 22, 2011
The only problem with this story is that, as it must, ended. The story was so enjoyable, especially seeing the intertwine of things that have happened in the show with this read. Keeping in mind where Rick Castle's mindset would've been given the show's arc, reading "his" fiction made me feel like I was gaining better understanding into how deep his feelings are toward Kate Beckett. Loved that! Even without the romantic aspect, the thriller/suspense part of Heat Rises is captivating and altogether smartly written. The Victoria St. Clair excerpt was humorously stellar for any Castle shipper. I expect we'll be seeing the Victoria St. Clair series sometime in the future? Definitely looking forward to the next Heat book :)

Blue Skies Tomorrow: A Novel (Wings of Glory)
Blue Skies Tomorrow: A Novel (Wings of Glory)
by Sarah Sundin
Price: $6.98
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, hubby . . ., September 5, 2011
So, I picked up Blue Skies Saturday afternoon and finished it this Monday morning before I even got out of bed. I didn't mean to abandon my husband this weekend, but I literally couldn't put this story down. The characters, their issues, their stories were SO compelling. Ms. Sundin's talent must be God-given to have the insight she does into not only both the male and female minds, but those with the kind of family secrets talked about in this particular story. I LOVED Ray and Helen and will miss "seeing" their interactions and being in their minds with them. It's so nice to be able to get deep into a story and its characters without having to feel morally comprised during the love story yet feel it real nonetheless. Definitely looking forward to the next series! Definitely hoping for more out of this author!!!