Profile for virginiaplain > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

virginiaplain "virginiaplain" RSS Feed (US of A)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Superfeet Women's Berry Premium Insoles
Superfeet Women's Berry Premium Insoles
Price: $40.20 - $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Wear with care, but beware., April 26, 2014
I have flat feet. I was fitted with these at my local sneaker store.

Bought in Feb and wore them carefully at first and then started wearing them all the time after about 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks after that (aka 1 month after purchasing) I felt extreme pain in my right foot where I had noticed that the insole was hitting my arch in just the "wrong" way... The pain started shooting up into my ankle. After a couple-3 days of that I discontinued wearing the sneakers/insoles. I was able to return the insoles to the store where I purchased them. As I'm sitting here, now a full 2 months after purchasing them, my arch is still tender and tinging with pain.

(Also another thing I noticed with these is that there is no cushion at all. Parts of my ankles, feet, legs were making small audible cracking sounds I had never noticed before.)

Fun On The Frets (Early Jazz Guitar)
Fun On The Frets (Early Jazz Guitar)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation if you can find it!, October 20, 2013
My jazz guitar teacher lent me a bunch of guitar albums, and this was my favorite. I was lucky enough to find a still-sealed copy at a local store, and even with the snap-crackle-and pop of the vinyl, I still am intrigued by the playful interweaving of these guitarists. The title really sums it up: FUN on the FRETS.

Wilson Soft Play Volleyball
Wilson Soft Play Volleyball
Offered by GameTime Athletics
Price: $15.99
7 used & new from $11.40

1.0 out of 5 stars NO stars ZERO NADA Avoide this Ball TOO HARD!!, July 26, 2013
I am so disappointed in this ball I am going to contact Wilson. It's a complete waste of money for volleyball purposes. It hurts so much to play with.

C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
Price: $17.99
75 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, April 27, 2013
I just used this adapter to upgrade my computer from 120gb IDE to 1tb SATA. I connected the SATA drive externally with this adapter.

(BTW I used an old copy of Acronis True Image 9.0 to move my XP operating system over.)

The adapter works great. It made this task a lot easier.

Seagate Laptop HDD 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5" - Internal Drive Retail Kit (STBD1000100)
70 used & new from $56.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in old 120gb slim PS3, April 27, 2013
Our PS3 hard drive was getting sluggish- running close to out of room.

I read some other reviews about this Seagate hard drive and decided to order it while it is still easy to find (and still being made).

I basically followed a couple of YouTube videos to put this hard drive in and reload from a backup I made on another external drive.

The dimensions of the upgrade drive fit perfectly in the hard drive cage of the PS3.

The kids think the system is a bit faster loading. I'm not sure. The old hard drive is still good I'll just save it as a backup.

ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging
ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging
145 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with TWC Roadrunner, November 27, 2012
When TWC announced the new modem rental fee, I researched and got this modem. It worked great for a few days, but then one rainy windy day, service went up and down all day. I was getting high upstream values on it and constant disconnections. We had similar problems with the Ubee rental modem but it seemed more flexible, without as many disconnections. So, I was ready to chuck this Motorola SB6121 out the window.

However, it has worked GREAT since the TWC Roadrunner technician fixed the problem!! It turned out to be due to the connection outside the house.

The problem only happened when it was raining & windy. While I was waiting for the tech to arrive, of course, there was no problem because it was a sunny day. The levels were perfect.

So, I took a pail of water and doused the outside cover of the Time Warner box on the side of the house. I ran upstairs. BINGO! The 3 upstream values went to the mid-50's and 1 of them was a 0 with a failure. I was no longer online.

When the tech arrived, I told him what I had done. He went out and looked at the box. The wiring had been done wrong from the start!

He re-oriented the wiring (it was running vertical, so if water dripped down it constantly, it caused a problem. He changed the wire, he said, to run across so the water would drip off it).

The tech told me that this is a great modem, too, and not to be concerned about it. It was not the source of the problem.

Ever since, I have had nothing but great connections with this modem.

Danelectro DJ-14C Fish & Chips 7 Band EQ Mini Effects Pedal
Danelectro DJ-14C Fish & Chips 7 Band EQ Mini Effects Pedal
11 used & new from $28.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine was Defective (non-working LED), September 22, 2012
The eq controls are very good and gave me the tone I was looking for. Also it was very quiet.

It's just a shame the LED didn't work to indicate whether it was on or off when you step on the pedal. I had to return it for this reason.

Eagle Aspen EASDTV2BUHF Directv Approved 2-Bay UHF Outdoor Antenna
Eagle Aspen EASDTV2BUHF Directv Approved 2-Bay UHF Outdoor Antenna
Price: $18.49
43 used & new from $16.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous Looking Indoors, but Works!, August 24, 2012
I assembled this new Eagle Aspen Dtv2BuHF antenna, & attached the proper cable to our DTV converter box.

Voila! Our old channels were much improved, and we got back 3 we haven't been able to see for the last month. We did an auto-add of stations, and now this antenna picked up 23 stations. And this is just with the Eagle sitting on the floor!!

We are much happier. This Eagle antenna is way better than the antenna it replaced (Radio Shack antenna with AC adapter).

Body Shaping Workout:: [VHS]
Body Shaping Workout:: [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Aspen Distributing
Price: $21.99
15 used & new from $0.21

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Exercise Tape PERIOD., January 18, 2012
Too bad this never came out on dvd. It is a great workout, and proves you don't need fancy equipment or weights to achieve a firmer you. Always wondered what happened to Stacy, Javier, and Becky :)

Microsoft Graphics Studio: Picture It! 99
Microsoft Graphics Studio: Picture It! 99
13 used & new from $0.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Easy and Useful, October 26, 2011
I consider myself to be an I.T. expert. Take it from me when I say: this software does what most people need, and easily.

Photo Editing. Cropping. Collages. Brightening. Tint. Creative Painting. Red Eye Repair.

It is not a memory hog, nor does it require a lot intense study to get up and running.

It has allowed me to design and create some really nice holiday cards and invitations. I have also edited photos for photobooks I have created.

I have been using it since it came out (I think, under Windows 95!), and it works on XP. [I don't know if it works on Vista or Windows 7.]

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6