Profile for B. Sullivan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Sullivan RSS Feed (Ohio)

The Single Girl's Guide to Marrying a Man, His Kids, and His Ex-Wife : Becoming A Stepmother With Humor And Grace
by Sally Bjornsen
29 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for new step-moms, March 11, 2006
I highly recommend this book to women who are new step-moms, or are on their way to becoming a step-mom. I had a hard time finding information about step-parenting that spoke to my situation specifically-I was 32 when I married my husband, had never been married before and had no children of my own. I struggled with the changes in my life, and it was frustrating when I couldn't find information that was helpful to me. Sally Bjornsen's insights into being a step-parent are extremely helpful, and come from the heart. I have found myself re-reading chapters, or the "Sassy Stepmother Straightscoop" tips at the end of each segment. Now that I have two years of step-motherhood under my belt, I know that I have come along a long way since the early days of my relationship with my husband, his kids, and yes, the ex-wife, too. This book reminds you that this experience is a "personal journey" and while some of your feelings and behaviors don't always make you feel very good, there is a reason for and a purpose behind your feelings! Be aware of this so you can grow and move forward in your experience. The author has included a great resource guide at the end of the book - many helpful websites and books. I would also recommend that the husband/father read this book as well-it's a great way to open the door to having those important discussions!