Profile for Sharon D > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon D RSS Feed (Oakland, CA, US)

Camkix Universal 3 in 1 Cell Phone Camera Lens Kit - Fish Eye Lens / 2 in 1 Macro Lens & Wide Angle Lens / Universal Clip (Black)
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $14.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior product, January 4, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my daughter for xmas. It came with no instructions, and when she attempted to attach it to her iphone, it made her phone inoperable! Needless to say it is being returned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 4:27 PM PDT

The 5:2 Diet Cheat Sheet: Breakthrough 2-Days-a-Week Weight Loss Dieting
The 5:2 Diet Cheat Sheet: Breakthrough 2-Days-a-Week Weight Loss Dieting
by Jennifer Jolan
10 used & new from $37.78

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible book, October 31, 2013
This is a farce! I would have given this book -5 stars if possible. The author (or her editor) did a terrible job. Many errors in spelling and/or grammar. But the worst is the insert in the middle of the book for some fundamentalist christian publishing company which had no relevance to this book, and I found completely intrusive and annoying. This wasn't some one page add, oh no, it is 12 pages, printed in large print to blare out at you. Amazon should be aware that this book is a total mis-representation of the 5:2 diet, and stop selling it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2013 3:08 PM PST

Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: $19.74
112 used & new from $15.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Jerusalem: A Cookbook (Hardcover)
Beautiful photos--even if you never cook a single recipe, this is a great read, and gives insight into the culture of this area.

Motorola 2210-02 DSL Modem
Motorola 2210-02 DSL Modem
16 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy this one!, January 5, 2012
I will NEVER buy another motorola modem! This model was recommended by AT&T (my internet provider) and I have now gone thru 3! The first two lasted about two years each, but the third one I purchased from Amazon in July, and it burned out on Xmas day--not even 6 months! Since it was under warranty, Motorola has now replaced it with a larger netopia modem, but they charged $15 to send it to me, and required that I return the old one at my expense. This is not good customer service, especially when I was not happy with the product. It seems that these modems get very hot and this is at least part of the problem. When I discovered this, I got a little mesh box to place the modem on to provide air circulation, but it obviously didn't keep the last one from burning out. Perhaps the netopia modem will be an improvement, but we'll see how long it lasts. I will definitely be doing some serious research before purchasing another modem. I would have preferred to give this product no stars, but it was required to give it at least one (which is "I hate this product"), and seems appropriate.

Bodum 10709-565US Bistro 2-Slice Toaster with Bagel and Bun Warmer, Green
Bodum 10709-565US Bistro 2-Slice Toaster with Bagel and Bun Warmer, Green
Price: $65.99
5 used & new from $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this toaster!, April 8, 2011
I ordered the Breville toaster because of the long slots. But I just wasn't thrilled with it, so I gave it to my daughter, and ordered the lime green Bodum because it went with my green marble counters, and I liked the idea of the bun warmer. Well, after using the bun warmer, as well as the toaster, I love it! The compact size is also good. It makes great toast! The color is not as vibrant as pictured, it's more of a yellow-green, but that's ok too.

Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: $23.87
105 used & new from $15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one beautiful, delicious book!, April 8, 2011
I own hundreds of cookbooks and this is my new favorite! The recipes are delicious and innovative, the photos are drool worthy, and I love the soft padded cover! Just saw the author on Martha, and I wish I could visit the London shop. I have been making shopping lists so I can try some of the recipes--can't wait.

Oaxaca al Gusto: An Infinite Gastronomy (The William and Bettye Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture of the Western Hemisphere)
by Diana Kennedy
Price: $42.51
51 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Diana, November 7, 2010
I have had the pleasure of taking a cooking class with Diana Kennedy at her home in Michoacan (an incredible experience). Her knowledge of Mexican cooking is second to none. Many of the recipes in this book are perhaps beyond the reach of most home cooks, however it is so rewarding to read the book and share in the adventures of gathering the recipes, and learn about regional village life. Diana's obvious love of the natural world and how each region makes use of what is available locally, is the backbone of this work. This book once again proves the wonderful generosity of the Mexican people, and their willingness to share regardless of their wealth. This is a remarkable collection of the traditional regional cuisines of Oaxaca, to be treasured and read and re-read. Bravo Diana!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 11:08 AM PDT