Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Seattle, WA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Swan, New 16 Holes 64 Sounds, Chromatic Harmonica, Key of C, W1664h4
Swan, New 16 Holes 64 Sounds, Chromatic Harmonica, Key of C, W1664h4
Offered by HeyMate US Store
Price: $59.80
5 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars OK. So you know the saying: you get ..., March 22, 2015
OK. So you know the saying: you get what you pay for... This is an exception. Way more reliable than any of the Hohner's I've played that are 5 times as much. John Nemeth turned me on to these.

Legendary Bop, Rhythm & Blues Classics: Jackie Kelso (Digitally Remastered)
Legendary Bop, Rhythm & Blues Classics: Jackie Kelso (Digitally Remastered)
Price: $12.98
19 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 20, 2015
A hidden treasure for jump blues saxophone fans....

Willie Egans And His Friends - The Rockin' Blues

Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, March 20, 2015
It was more flimsy than I thought it would be, and waaaaay overpriced. Still does the job though.

Xotic EP Booster Mini EQ Effect Pedal
Xotic EP Booster Mini EQ Effect Pedal
Offered by Liquid Inc
Price: $116.00
47 used & new from $105.00

5.0 out of 5 stars WTF... Wow, March 20, 2015
I don't play guitar. I'm a harmonica player. Kim Wilson (of the Fabulous Thunderbirds) turned Rick Estrin onto this, who told me about it. It's really a miracle pedal... I can't describe what it does to my sound but I know it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up with how beautiful it sounds. I have several vintage amps from the 50's which I thought nothing in the world could sound better than... until I plugged this into them... It was almost depressing how awful the amps sounded after playing through this pedal and then turning it off.... Get 3. If one of these sturdy tanks fails and another gets stolen, you'll still have another to pass down to your great great grandchildren.

Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion
by Sam Harris
Price: $15.85
116 used & new from $5.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the most important book I have ever read., September 9, 2014
I grew up in a Christian family and then earned degrees in Philosophy and Neuroscience. As an atheist, I've been mourning the loss of faith for years. Just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean it is. Losing one's faith can definitely leave a hole. This is the book that begins to fill the void and emptiness that I've felt from that loss. Thank you Sam Harris. This book will change lives.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2015 2:46 PM PDT

COLOMBIA a EXPAT GUIDE TO MOVE & RETIREMENT
COLOMBIA a EXPAT GUIDE TO MOVE & RETIREMENT
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good info, horribly written, June 29, 2014
This book seems to have a lot of good info, but is almost unreadable. Sure there's the your/you're errors throughout, which are forgivable. But 80% of the sentences in the book don't make sense grammatically. As a result, the book is very hard to read. It's a shame because a simple proofread by a native english speaker seems like it would iron out 99% of the problems.

Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2
Price: $19.99
46 used & new from $13.80

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm sold, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Video Game)
I was really skeptical of Borderlands 2 and followed it for a while before it came out. Truth be told, it doesn't run as well as the console or PC versions but it runs ok. It's still Borderlands 2. I have about two dozen Vita games and always find myself going to Borderlands 2. It got a lot of negative critic reviews but I still feel like it's one of the best games you can buy on Vita. The framerate isn't as good as Killzone Mercenaries, but it's got a lot more content and I find it fun. There's a few changes. The enemies explode in a splash of blood. It's a bit dramatic but I actually find it more satisfying. Also it's slightly harder to control on Vita than on consoles so a little less enemies doesn't really bother me. Very underrated by critics. Get this and you won't be dissapointed.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Playstation 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Playstation 3
Offered by Happy Ranger (No tax)
Price: $14.90
110 used & new from $6.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Marred by technical difficulties., August 22, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It's a shame, this could have been gold with a little more polish. Splinter Cell is one of my favorite series. I've been playing it since the first one came out. The gameplay in Blacklist is just about perfect. Unfortunately I feel very cheated. It's almost as if nobody play tested the cut-scenes before releasing it. They drop to about 1-2 fps, the audio skips, and you see some of the worst screen tearing you've ever laid eyes on. This essentially breaks the story. I read reviews that mentioned this but I wasn't prepared for how horrible it actually is. It's unintentionally comical how bad the graphics lag. When you are walking around the Paladin (the main hub) the game is incredibly choppy and hangs up. There are just so many technical errors with the graphics being glitchy the game feels like it was rushed and is unfinished. If they patch all the problems it would be a perfect 10. Unfortunately the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are garbage. It's almost not fun. Almost. Sam's lobotomized voice acting and Brigg's tiny ears don't even bother me. It's the graphical glitches that ruin things.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 6:38 AM PDT

Hohner Super Chromonica Deluxe, Key of C
Hohner Super Chromonica Deluxe, Key of C
Price: $217.73
11 used & new from $166.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, May 16, 2013
I bought the 270 Deluxe brand new and it had a crease on one of the windsavers out of the box. Called Hohner and they charged me $60 to re-service it. When I got it back it played worse than when I got it. I can't make it through a single song without windsavers sticking. I've cleaned the windsavers, checked the gapping, warmed up the harmonica and it still has that problem. I have $75 Chinese chromatics that play much better. I'm certain it's not an embouchure issue. I love other Hohner harmonicas. Although the customer service is pretty cruddy, some of their other harmonicas are very good. Take a wide berth around this one though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6