Profile for Sergio S. Lamadrid > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sergio S. Lamadrid RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ryse: Son of Rome
Ryse: Son of Rome
Offered by TriTheSwim
Price: $28.95
102 used & new from $9.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous yet repetitive and short., February 14, 2014
This review is from: Ryse: Son of Rome (Video Game)
So I just picked up my new Xbox One, and decided to pick up Dead Rising 3, Forza and Ryse.

Ryse is by far the most gorgeous game I've seen so far on the next gen consoles. I feel this game is a perfect example of being a demo for the Xbox One. This game feels like it was made specifically for launch to show off what the Xbox One can do. A very short game with very repetitive gameplay. I'm actually kind of glad it was so short, as the game was far too repetitive for me to want it to continue further than it did. The story was interesting, but nothing amazing. The combat system felt like a poor man's version of the popular batman arkham series but with the addition of visually stunning and gruesome executions. If you felt the arkham series combat was repetitive and disliked it, you'll HATE this game for it.

Game was short, done maybe in about 5-6 hours. Story was entertaining enough to bear thru the game's repetitiveness, but not long enough to get emotionally invested into the game.

The game is worth a rent, but until this game drops in price to the teens, probably not worth a buy.

SHARKK® Apple iPad Air Keyboard Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case Cover Stand For iPad 5 Air With 360 Degree Rotating Feature And Multiple Viewing Angles. Folio Style with IOS Commands. For the iPad Air ONLY Black
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $29.99
12 used & new from $28.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case and keyboard for a great price, January 29, 2014
In preparation for writing this review I feel it might be beneficial for interested customers to know I work in retail for a company who not only sells the iPad but accessories for it.

I recently bought this case for my new iPad Air. I was using the official iPad smart covers at first, but never felt protected with it and looked on Amazon for a new case. This one was one of the first ones that showed up, and thought the price was too good to be true for what it offered. A bluetooth keyboard, that looks sturdy, would protect my iPad, and with both landscape and portrait options? NICE.

Setup was pretty easy. Charge it up, put iPad in, turn bluetooth on on both devices and pair up. Now while the set up process was easy, I did have an issue afterwards. As soon as the pair up process was complete my iPad froze. Not only was the keyboard not responsive, but the iPad home/power buttons would not do anything. The screen would say connected to Sharkk case, searching for other bluetooth devices (and that little loading circle kept spinning), but would not respond. I took the iPad out of the case (not the easiest thing to do either), and immediately after popping it out the screen went completely green for a split second, and turned off. I turned it back on and it's been fine ever since.

The keyboard feels great; The response time is immediate, and has options to mute, lock, change screen brightness, copy/paste and pause/play music. I was able to write notes, use iMessage, and use Facebook messenger flawlessly. The case seems sturdy and has a nice look and feel to it. I am worried however that if I was to drop the iPad it might still break, with the keys of the keyboard touching the screen when the case is closed, however i won't be testing this.

Other than the "glitch" after the initial setup (which might not be a Sharkk issue. Could've been my iPad messing up, or just a random happenstance. However seeing as this is the first time anything of that nature has happened I will assume it was an issue due to the pairing sequence), the case is great. I've only had it for 1 day however, and will update this if anything changes, good or bad. I paid in the upper 20's for this case, but would have easily paid up to forty for this case.

Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, Nano Size Lets You Plug it and Forget it, Ideal for Raspberry Pi, Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Price: $7.99
35 used & new from $6.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for across the house. Max speed I was pulling was 2MBPS, January 1, 2014
Just recently got this as a gift. My 3 year old PC didn't have a wi-fi adaptor strangely enough. Wasn't a big deal until I moved into an apartment where the router would be across the apartment to where my PC is set up. I've been using my phone (Galaxy Note 3) to connect to wi-fi and tether that way and it has been working good enough honestly.

So my sister decides to buy me this, and I was excited I no longer needed to constantly connect my phone every time this computer needed internet access. I will say the instructions were rather easy, as well as the device is extremely small. In those 2 areas it's great. However the best this thing could pull for me was 2MBPS total, and typical speeds were closer to less than 1MBPS. My phone on the other hand was pulling closer to 15MBPS total, and typically around 8MBPS.

This might work better if it's in the same room, however this definitely does not provide good range as well as high speeds, it seems like it's only one or the other. Unfortunately I'll need to return this and look for an alternative.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Collector's Edition
Batman: Arkham Origins - Collector's Edition
Offered by O' MY GAMES
Price: Click here to see our price
24 used & new from $69.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, October 25, 2013
I'll leave the game review for the non-collector's editions. Chances are if you're here, you're interested more in what comes inside, versus how the game is (However for those of you interested in the game I will edit this review after I beat the game).

The statue that comes included is gorgeous, and a lot larger than expected. I am a fan of collector's editions and this is one of the bigger ones I have. It looks very nice, is very well detailed and looks impressive from afar. Highly recommended on it's looks. However The LEDs look ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. It looks nothing like the picture shown and to give people a better idea of how it looks I've included pictures. It looks better with the lights off, but still nothing in comparison to what the picture shows. Not even close. This is not really an issue for me as I didn't plan on leaving the lights on anyway, however some people may not like it. The LED lights require batteries (which are included).

The artwork is fantastic, and is a sight to behold when going thru the books. The rest of the artwork and pictures are similarly done and for those people who love to admire the artwork from limited/collector's editions this is nothing short of great.

The DVD that's included runs a little over 90 minutes, and also comes with a digital download code redeemable on Flixster/UltraViolet.

The DLC are included inside the Xbox 360 case and are a skin to use for Batman while playing the game (less than 100KB), and a Deathstroke Challenge map (190MB).

Definitely recommended to any true Batman fan.

EDIT: I've now beaten the game. This was an absolutely fantastic game, especially in comparison to Arkham Asylum/City. In my opinion it was far better of a story than Asylum, and just slightly better than City. Obviously this can vary person to person, but I absolutely loved this game, and if it wasn't for "The Last of Us" and "Grand Theft Auto V", this would be my current GOTY.

This was a game I had low hopes for. Transitioning from Rocksteady studios scared me quite a bit, as well as losing Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill (THE voices of both Batman and Joker for the past 2 DECADES). Both Troy Baker (Joker), and Roger Craig Smith (Batman) were fantastic replacements, putting on stellar performances in Origins.

The game however had severe framerate drop issues throughout the game (most notably during fast travel with the Batwing). I am usually not one to complain about these types of issues, however it was very apparant and very frequent.Also there was a few glitches on my first run-thru of the game. None gamebreaking, but on a pair of occassions a complete console restart was needed. This might not apply to the PC/PS3 versions of the game.

The story is about 10 hours, and also includes multiplayer (on a second disc), however I will have to hold off on a review for that as I haven't played that mode extensively.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2013 10:03 PM PDT

Brand New T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 White Door Back Cover OEM
Brand New T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 White Door Back Cover OEM
Offered by PINKTECH
Price: $8.01
6 used & new from $2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly as described, August 24, 2013
It's perfect. Has the NFC pieces, the T-Mobile logo,and fits perfectly. I lost my original one and using a Samsung snap case for a few months. I needed the back cover back when I switched to a more protective case, and it worked perfectly. Definitely the original.

Akinator
Akinator

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly accurate, fun little app., April 14, 2011
This review is from: Akinator (App)
I currently use this app on a Mytouch Slide and it works perfectly. The app is small (768KB), and amazingly accurate. You think of a character real or not, as long as it's "famous". I've tried the more popular people to really obscure characters, and it almost always gets it. It's currently 80 for 82 in attempts. If you do happen to stump it, it'll allow you to add your character to the database, so obviously every day it becomes harder and harder to stump it. I did get it for free from Amazon's daily free, but had I known how good this app was, I would've paid the 2 bucks to have it. Great little app :).

T-Mobile myTouch Slide Android Phone, Black (T-Mobile)
T-Mobile myTouch Slide Android Phone, Black (T-Mobile)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone for it's time., March 5, 2011
I ordered this phone on release date, and have been using it for 9 months now. This is the longest I've had a phone since the sidekick LX, so that does speak for itself. Before this I was using the Cliq XT, and within 45 days switched to this. Best decision I ever made.

Now, as of today, this phone is still running only Android 2.1 (For my review, I will not speak of rooting/rooted phones). While I am not one of the people who MUST have the update the day it's available, I am disappointed at the fact that the Slide is still only at 2.1, because of the fact that the phone has so little internal memory (512MB). Why is this such an issue? Well because on 2.1 or prior, all the applications downloaded from the Marketplace save to the Internal memory. So even with an 8GB memory card (or 16 in my case), I can't download as many apps as I should be able to.

The 600 MHz processor is quick, and I wish it was a bit faster so that it can properly run apps such as Angry birds with full grapics. However, this phone is a mid-tier smartphone, and at that a very good one. Wi-fi, 3G and Bluetooth all work seamlessly, and are very fast and easy to connect. The voice recognition is also very good (Dragon Dictation). I don't use the Genius button enough to give a good review on it, but the few times I've tried it, it's worked flawlessly.

The 5MP camera is not as good as I had hoped. Comparing this 5MP camera with that of the Samsung Vibrant, Galaxy S 4G, Mytouch 4G, and G2, it's really bad. Granted, I am comparing it to T-Mobile's high tier smartphones, but be aware that this phone just doesn't take as good pictures as the other phones that boast a 5MP camera. (Yes, I am fully aware that the Megapixels don't dictate the quality of pictures).

Battery is ok, not great. It usually gets me thru my work day, if I have a fully charged battery when I leave. If not, turning off the 3G, almost doubles my battery life (at the cost of internet speed of course).

The Phone is loud and the speakers are great (the one downfall being that the speakers are on the back of the phone, making it hard to hear if I have it on a table for example). The Flash on the camera is bright, and the Keyboard on the phone is really comfortable, and took me maybe 3 or 4 days to get used to (coming from a Sidekick user of 4+ years). However, I've been using Swype, which works amazingly well, and when it's time for my next upgrade, I will probably going for an all-touch screen phone...as long as it has swype.

The screen is decently sized at 3.4 inches, but just feels/looks small (especially when compared to the iPhone which only has a 3.5 inch screen). Youtube is crystal clear, and web browsing is great and looks good.

All in all a good phone. Only problem is that there are now many new phones that are much better than this specs-wise, and at similar prices. However, for T-Mobile, this is still their #2 phone in terms of a full QWERTY keyboard phone (G2 being the #1, and the Cliq 2 at a distant #3).

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - Xbox 360
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - Xbox 360
Offered by Hubbagames
Price: $37.99
77 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be the best one in the series...Just needs a patch or two., February 20, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
So, I finally got a few days of gameplay with MvC3, and I don't really have too many complaints...not many that can't be fixed with a patch or two anyway. First, let's start with the game itself. Everyone will be comparing this one to Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so let's get right to it.

This game launched with 36 characters, while MvC2 had a total of 56. Yes, if you haven't heard, the sequel has 20 characters less. Is this a bad thing? Depends on who you ask. The majority of the online MVC community is extremely upset that this game launched with less characters...however the biggest difference is you don't have "clones" in this game. In MvC2, you had several characters with nearly identical clones. Iron Man had War Machine...There were 2 Wolverines, Mega Man and Roll...did they play 100% identical. No, not at all, however you had a few characters that played extremely similar in MvC2...in MvC3 though, everyone is a completely different playstyle. The closest you get is Ryu and Akuma in terms of 2 characters playing similar. With that being said, 2 characters are being launched as DLC within the month (Jill and Shuma-Gorath), which will cut the deficit to 18 characters. I do expect capcom to sell DLC over the next year+, and I wouldn't doubt that by this time next year MvC3 will have tied or have surpassed the character count in MVC2.

Now with the discussion of character DLC, people are arguing and complaining about how capcom is "going to rip the consumer off on DLC that should've been included at launch" etc. Remember that you're buying this game as-is, and that the DLC is something extra, and usually not-neccesary to continue playing the game online or offline. As is, we got 36 characters for a fighting games, 18 from Marvel and 18 from Capcom. I will welcome DLC, especially if it's for a character I would enjoy such as Carnage, Megaman, Ghost Rider, Daredevil etc. Just remember, you're buying the game and it comes with 36 extremely diverse characters.

People who were experts at MvC2, expecting to automatically pick up a controller and make people rage quit online have something coming to them. It's as if this is a brand new game, with ideas from the first 4 games but not the same button config. One light attack, one medium attack, one Heavy attack and one "special" attack. There are two buttons for your assists. And if you hold either of those buttons, you can switch your character out for another. So basically, everyone starts off fresh, and it's a simple game to get a hold of. Think of the button controls as a 75% Street Fighter and 25% Tekken. Button mashers can do well, but obviously those who are willing to take the time to learn the controls will do a lot better.

Mission mode is one of the new additions to the game. Each character has 10 missions for a total of 360 missions. These missions range from very easy (One simple Hadoken) to a complicated, very precisely timed long sequence of button presses. You can learn a lot as a player from doing these missions, and while these missions aren't exactly as hard as Street Fighter/Super Street Fighter IV's Trials, these missions are not to be taken lightly.

Graphics are amazing, sound is amazing. No problems in that area. My only real real real gripe with this game is the lack of two options. First, in player lobbies, something was given to us in street fighter 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 that may have spoiled most of us; Spectator Mode. Now, if I want to practice with friends, I have to wait and do absolutly nothing while my other friends play. Meaning, if I'm in a lobby with 7 other people, and I just lost my game, I now need to wait for 5 more games to complete, while i sit and do nothing. No Minigames, no training mode, and no spectator mode. Seriously? At least something to warm up with, like in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii...but no, instead I can watch the life bars deplete. Seriously bad move. While there are rumors that this may appear in the future in a patch, it's not there at launch. Another small feature that's also absent is setting infinite time in Player lobbies. Another feature that's ridiculously absent.

Overall a great game, and with several patches, this could be the best in the series.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2011 10:30 AM PST

Ed Hardy Men's Los Angeles Sneaker
Ed Hardy Men's Los Angeles Sneaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Size is a bit small., February 8, 2011
I am a size 12, and very rarely, does a 12 not fit at all. I even have a pair of 11 1/2's that fit nicely. I received these sneakers, size 12, and I couldn't even get the heel on my foot in. I sent back for return, and if the price stays the same, I might go for the size 13. The sneaker looked nice, great detail. A friend of mine who was sitting across the room from me as I opened them, thought they were converses immediately...not sure if that's relevant but they do look and feel like it from a distance. No shoelaces, tongue is stitched to the side flaps instead, to keep the sneaker tight.

EDIT 2/27/2011: I recently bought size 13 (Wider version), and these also did not fit. Be aware that these shoes are extremely small for a real US size 12 or 13. I had to return this as well.

Transcend JetFlash 300 - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive TS4GJF300 (Black)
Transcend JetFlash 300 - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive TS4GJF300 (Black)
Offered by MemoryC
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly as intended. WORKS ON XBOX360, December 12, 2010
I bought this Flash drive primarily to work on my xbox360. It works perfectly as intended. A little blue light blinks when you stick the USB drive in a USB port. Honestly for the price, it's a very nice, small and portable Flash Drive. Also it apparantly has a lifetime Warranty. Hope I won't have to use it, but it's great to have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4