Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Clevelander83 > Reviews

Browse

Clevelander83's Profile

Customer Reviews: 754

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clevelander83 RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bfun Silicone Magnetic Auto Wake Up/Sleep Ultra Slim Lightweight Four-fold iPad Stand Cover iPad Case Shell Protector for Apple iPad 2 / iPad 3/ iPad 4 White
Offered by Bfun
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protective and Attractive Case, February 5, 2016
Excellent cover/case and at a fraction of the Apple Smart Case cost! (I also tried a different black case from Bfun and was sorely disappointed with it, so was pleasantly surprised to see how great this one is! Funny thing is, the descriptions on both are exactly the same so I'd pay attention to the ASIN number - the one on the case with patterned colors is B01877I6NU; the one here is B01877IMVQ)

I tried this case with my iPad 4

What I like about this case:
- it's very slim, attractive and has a see through back cover that shows the Apple logo
- I'm not purposely dropping my iPad but the case does look to offer good protection
- unlike with the patterened case from Bfun, this one has all edges and corners covered up
- just like a Smart Case, it puts the iPad to sleep when the case is shut
- the four-fold top can be folded to stand up the iPad. It is also attached to the back with a magnet along the seam and can be easily removed based on preference

What I don't like: nothing really. This is an excellent and affordable case

Bfun Silicone Magnetic Auto Wake Up/Sleep Ultra Slim Lightweight Four-fold iPad Stand Cover iPad Case Shell Protector for Apple iPad 2 / iPad 3/ iPad 4 Silk Pattern Black
Offered by Bfun
Price: $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsuccessful Copy of the Apple Smart Case..., February 5, 2016
This iPad cover/case is very obviously an attempt to copy the genuine Apple Smart Case and provide it a a MUCH cheaper price (Smart Cases are usually $60 and up - less for iPad Mini)

What I like about it:
- the case does look sleek and I especially like the fact that the back is semi transparent and allows the Apple logo to show through
- it is thin and doesn't add bulk to the iPad

What I don't like about it - pretty much everything else...
- my Smart case allows me to prop up the iPad and stand it up for viewing on a surface. While this Bfun case should in theory do the same thing, the iPad fell down after just a few seconds every time
- the Bfun case leaves the entire bottom lip of the iPad open. The top is almost covered up but for some reason there's a tiny sliver of the iPad left open - why not just extend the case and cover the whole thing?! I don't get it....
- the material the Bfun case is made of is very slippery and I always felt like the iPad would fall right out of my hands

I received this product as a sample in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Fridababy FeverFrida the iThermonitor
Fridababy FeverFrida the iThermonitor
Price: $64.22
16 used & new from $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept but Needs Improvement, February 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This iThermonitor is definitely a neat concept but there are a lot of features that need further improvement. As it stands, it's definitely not worth $60.

What I like:
- the concept itself--ability to continuously monitor your child's temperature and view trends over time without actually disturbing the child. I hope the features that are not so great will be improved over time because this can really be a great tool for infants and toddlers.
- the temperature readings are accurate. I checked it multiple times against other trusted and true thermometers and got accurate readings every time.
- the adhesives appear to be gentle and not abrasive to the skin

What I don't like:
- the app is spotty when it comes to Bluetooth connectivity. I am not sure if this is an issue with the app or the device itself. More times than notes, I could not get the app to pair with the device at all. The thermometer does store readings and these will populate into the app once you do manage the connect, but it's still aggravating.
- the range is only 10 feet. So once again, if you go further the temperature readings will only populate once you come in range AND pair via Bluetooth. This in my mind defeats the idea of being able to get alerts if your child's temperature gets high.
- the pack comes with 5 adhesives that need to be replaced every 24 hours. If you're buying this iThermonitor for constant use, you'll be replacing the adhesives often and they run about $12 for 10....so that's roughly $36 every month.

Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer (Dual Mode) *CE and FDA approved
Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer (Dual Mode) *CE and FDA approved
Offered by Innovo Medical
Price: $36.99
2 used & new from $36.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, January 26, 2016
Got this after reading the rave reviews and am very disappointed. There are always several degrees of difference between the forehead and ear readings. That aside, this thermometer gives me vastly different temperature readings within seconds of each other even when using the same mode (i.e. ear only or forehead only).

Unreliable and not worth the money
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2016 7:50 AM PST

Household Essentials KROSNO Handmade Cooper Tall Tumblers (Set of 4), 15 oz, Clear
Price: $57.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Handmade Glasses from Poland, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are beautiful glasses but I'm subtracting 2 stars for the following reasons:

1) the price. I am not sure a set of 4 glasses is worth $60 and there are many comparable glasses out there for half the price

2) the glasses are very fragile. While they are heavy due to the thick bottom, the sides/body of the glasses are very thin. I had one sitting in the sink and lightly tapped it with a mug while moving thing around - the glass cracked and broke right away

I think these will appeal to "glass connoisseurs" - if there is such a thing - who care about the fact that these glasses are hand blown in Poland, that the rim is hand and fire polished, etc. But if you're looking for glasses for every day use and don't really care about how they are made or where they come from, then you're not likely to be wowed and think that the price justifies the product you're getting.

*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR Series iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Case - Retail Packaging - ROASTED CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROASTED TAN)
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars OtterBox Protection in a Thin(ner) Case, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I got the iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold, I hated the idea of hiding the pretty phone with a thick case so I've been using a completely clear case I bought on Amazon for under $15. It does the job....sort of. It looks like there's no case on the phone at all but at the same time, it offers little protection from drops.

When I saw this clear OtterBox Symmetry case, I snapped it right up. I'm not a fan of original OtterBox cases because while they are top notch in the protection department, I also think they look clunky and make a thin phone look like a brick. These Symmetry cases are the best of both worlds--a thin(ner) case with a measure of OtterBox protection.

The back of the case is clear and you can see the actual phone. The sides are rubber and are very rigid so getting the phone in and out is not super easy. The protection - while not as extensive as on the original OtterBox cases - is impressive. While I'm not going to be dropping my phone on purpose, it seems thick enough to protect the phone should it happen. The case has openings for the sound button, headphone plug, power plug and microphone; everything else is covered.

I do wish they offered these cases in the same colors as the iPhones instead of the 4 colors they do come in to make them blend in even more. For example, my phone is rose gold and while the roasted tan color of the case is sort of similar, it does scream "I have a case on".

Funny Dachshunds Birthday Card
Funny Dachshunds Birthday Card
by American Greetings
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious - Love This Card Line!, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
On the pricey side but super fun and likely to bring a smile to anyone's face! This is not a traditional card that you flip open - instead, you pull the string to reveal additional panels and dogs. This card is definitely different from anything I've seen in stores and will stand out from the rest.

Couple caveats:

- this is not a card for spilling your heart and writing a long birthday message - there's no room
- if mailing, get extra postage

Leather Conditioner & Restorer 8 Oz - The Ultimate Leather Protector for Furniture, Cars, Sofa, Seats, Couch, Jackets, Shoes, Boots, Purses, Saddles & More- Best Water Repellent Formula - Leather Nova
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $29.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful smell, January 17, 2016
Not a fan of this conditioner. My biggest complaint - it smelled absolutely horrible! Like someone filled my room with the most horrid smelling chemicals. I opened windows, lit candles, etc. and it still took a few hours for the smell to dissipate.

I also didn't like the result. Once my leather couch dried, there were very visible shiny spots all over the place. I tried the best I could to spread the product evenly but apparently it wasn't good enough....not sure. I wound up going over the entire couch with a wet clothes to get rid of the conditioner I spent a LONG time applying. A big fail...

(I have previously use Leather CPR conditioner and had none of the issues with smell, shiny spots, etc.)

Leather Cleaner - The Best Leather Care Treatment for Your Sofa, Couch, Car, Shoes, Boots, Jackets, Handbags, Purses, Saddles, Vinyl & More - Comes With Microfiber Towel - 18 oz Bottle - Leather Nova
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate...not much more effective than plain water, January 17, 2016
I would call this cleaner adequate...it works if you scrub the leather surface pretty hard...but you can get the same results from scrubbing with water really hard (I actually tried this cleaner side by side with plain water and noticed no significant difference).

What I disliked the most was the spray bottle itself. It sprayed out, but also sprayed to the sides, up in my face, leaked, etc. Very much a nuisance...

Oreck Venture Pro Multifloor Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner, SK30080PC
Oreck Venture Pro Multifloor Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner, SK30080PC
Price: $515.49
2 used & new from $479.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, Powerful Vacuum - Wins in Maneuverability, January 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The price definitely threw me off (not used to seeing a price tag like this unless it's a Dyson)...but this vacuum cleaner is really as good and functional as they come.

Pros:
- I think having a bagged vacuum cleaner is a pro and a con (see my comment below). Having a bag you can cleanly remove and throw away definitively makes for a cleaner experience.
- This is by far the quietest vacuum I've personally used
- The unit is compact and very maneuverable - great for cleaning stairs, getting around corners, under tables, etc. It's also light enough to allow for an easy carry-around or carry-up the stairs
- GREAT GREAT long retractable hose that really limited the number of times I had to switch plugs to clean the entire house (so in addition to being the quietest, this Oreck also has the longest hose I've ever seen on a vacuum)
- I really like having a base mount for storing the tubes and handles, and for allowing the vacuum to rest upright
- Of course, for this price, the Oreck is also very powerful with plenty of suction

Cons:
- I do think bags are cleaner to use, but I've gotten used to not having to replace them and the additional cost is not great
- Can't think of anything else - this one was a winner for me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20