Profile for VeraP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 543

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VeraP RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mudder OULM Men Dual Time Zone Analog Sport Quartz Wristwatch with Stainless Steel Band
Offered by Mudder
Price: $22.46
2 used & new from $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mudder OULM Men Sport Watch, August 24, 2014
I was initially very impressed with this watch - it has a fashionable big face with an unusual interesting look. I thought for around $20 it was quite the steal. I also really liked the mesh metal band and the belt like closure instead of the typical clasp.

However, after several uses, the metal coating on the face started to look discolored and looked like it was peeling off in some places. I guess you get what you pay for...

Mudder Mens Silver Alloy LCD Digital Alarm Sport Dive Wrist Watch 30M Waterproof
Offered by Mudder
Price: $20.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Mudder Mens Silver Alloy Watch, August 24, 2014
Big watches are all the rage these days and this one fits the bill. It's not top notch quality but for around $20 I was pleasantly surprised. It's a good spare fashion watch for my husband when he's afraid of beating up his nicer ones.

I agree with the other reviewer about instructions. I could read them - barely - but they were so confusing that it took a good while to get the watch up and running. The knobs are also fairly stiff - which I hope improves with time - so it was difficult to turn them and get the correct time set up.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Price: $13.68
7 used & new from $6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Salmon Jerky Treats, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog tends to be very picky with food and treats in general, and he would not touch these. They do smell good so he sniffed around for a while, but no go. Surprisingly my cats like these and my sister's dogs gobbled them right up.

I do like the ingredients and the fact that salmon is the first one on the list. I think these are a good choice as far as treats go but may not be palatable to all dogs. They are probably the priciest treats I've ever seen but I always pay a premium for more natural dog food and treats.

Soleus HCT-D70E-A Energy Star Rated Air Dehumidifier, 70-Pint
Soleus HCT-D70E-A Energy Star Rated Air Dehumidifier, 70-Pint
Offered by aSavings
Price: $235.58
12 used & new from $192.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Removes Moisture Well but Leaks, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 70-pint Frigidaire dehumidifier but given that my basement always smell musty and is separated into several rooms, I thought it'd be good to add an additional dehumidifier instead of moving 1 back and forth between rooms.

I have no issues with how much water it removes as it's been working on par with my trusty Frigidaire. It's also very quiet - I've had dehumidifiers in the past that sounds like a tractor was rolling through the house. I don't use the hose for continuous water removal and instead empty the bucket whenever it fills up. After a few days I noticed there was constantly water on the floor--not much, but an annoyance nonetheless and I can't figure out where it's coming from. The bucket also seems to leak whenever I remove it to empty.

Daughters of the Dragon: A Comfort Woman's Story
Daughters of the Dragon: A Comfort Woman's Story
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughters of the Dragon, August 18, 2014
Daughters of the Dragon is highly readable and engrossing and I flew through it in one sitting. I was instantly invested in Ja-hee’s character and found myself skipping over Anna’s commentary in order to get back to her grandmother’s story. I thought the storyline would have been just as good if not better without the “myth” of the comb but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the book as a whole.

Daughters of the Dragon is a work of fiction but comfort stations were very much a reality for many young Korean girls during World War II. I am fairly well versed in World War II history but have never heard of the atrocious treatment of Korean women by Japanese soldiers before reading this book. I applaud William Andrews for bringing light to this difficult topic and treating it with the dignity that it deserves.

Mead Letters and Numbers Dry Erase Boards, 12-5/8 x 11-3/4-Inches (54216)
Mead Letters and Numbers Dry Erase Boards, 12-5/8 x 11-3/4-Inches (54216)
Price: $16.33
5 used & new from $10.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool for Practicing Writing and Counting, August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great tool for teaching the little ones how to write and count! There are small dry erase boards with capital letters, lower case letters, numbers, shapes, some basic arithmetic and a mostly blank board for free styling. The boards wipe easily with an eraser or any cloth or paper towel. I am a fan of these activity boards because it will allow the kids to keep practicing without you having to constantly buy new worksheets.

This set comes with 1 small black marker and that's my one (very small) con - I wish it came with at least a few colors and an eraser of some sort. Otherwise, it's a great tool to get the kids reading and counting!

Dog Nail Clippers - Sharp and Strong Stainless Steel Blade for Medium and Large Breeds - Pet Nail Trimmer with Safety Stop and Nail File © Pet Magasin (Pink, Large)
Offered by PetMagasin Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Sharp and Easy to Use, August 13, 2014
I don't know about the whole "benign design" and pets being "less scared" because let's face it, dogs and cats hate having their nails cut and with mine at least, the shape of the clippers didn't make a difference. That aside, these are very well made and durable, appealing to the eye, sharp and easy to use. I do believe the ergonomic claim because I didn't feel the usual hand fatigue after using these for a while.

I'm a little iffy on the whole safety function. It worked fine when my dog's nails were long...however, there was nothing to prevent me from overcutting if the nails were already somewhat short to begin with.

Case Logic Samsung Galaxy S4 EXTREME 2-Piece Case - Retail Packaging - Black/Red
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Otterbox at half the price, August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like the price, the color, the durability, etc.! This is very similar to the Otterbox cases at half the price. The colors would work well for both men and women, and it's 2 cases in one, so you could use either the red or the black on its own. Some Galaxy cases I've used before were too shallow and constantly slipped off around the screen. This one fits just right and provides great protection for the phone. Great buy!

Skullduggery Tracer Racers 24' Dual Loop Set
Skullduggery Tracer Racers 24' Dual Loop Set
Price: $42.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright..., August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm always wary of toys like these because it just feels like a gimmick to sell MORE toys. This track is no exception. It comes with 2 cars - guess how long it'll be before the kids want others?

The track lights up as do the cars so the whole thing looks pretty cool in the dark. Beyond that, it's cheaply made, does not stay together well and the cars are not even battery operated. I've seen much better especially at this price.

Daron Hee Hee Monkey Plush
Daron Hee Hee Monkey Plush
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival, August 11, 2014
This review is from: Daron Hee Hee Monkey Plush (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm rating this monkey a 3 because it looked like it could be fun...unfortunately I never found out because mine never did much of anything. It said it was motion activated and I believe the button on the monkey's belly was the sensor. I moved the monkey all around, waved my hands in front it, I rotated the batteries out and still nothing. Dead on arrival.

Other cons for this toy:
- it's like a hard block instead of a plush toy
- the packaging is awkward, the box mostly looks empty - I'd never pick this up to give as a gift
- the monkey is kind of ugly to tell the truth
- $25 is way too much for a toy that will probably only hold a kid's attention for a few minutes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20