Profile for Clevelander83 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 592

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clevelander83 RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Emerson CF4900BS Southtowne Fan, Brushed Steel
Emerson CF4900BS Southtowne Fan, Brushed Steel
Price: $549.00
20 used & new from $549.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Fan, Very Quiet, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wall control comes separately but otherwise a great fan - was a very nice fit with our dark mahogany/cherry furniture in the bedroom.

Our home came with many very old fans that we've been meaning to replace for a long time but everything at Home Depot/Lowe's just looks plastic and cheap. I am a fan of the Emerson brand - it is certainly not cheap but you get what you pay for and this fan is of superior quality. The silver is brushed and not shiny/tacky, the wood looks to be of high quality - just a very attractive fan all around.

We're not professionals so installation took some time and trial and error. Anyone with some wiring experience will probably have much better luck. The fan is super quiet - we barely know it's on - and seems to really move the air around. I like to air out the bedroom but that's not always possible in the freezing winter months so having a strong fan is a nice alternative to have.

CulCharge Smallest Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone & iPad Apple MFI Certified
CulCharge Smallest Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone & iPad Apple MFI Certified
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK - difficult to attach to a phone with the case on, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I see the purpose of CulCharge - it's easy to keep on your keychain for when you need a quick charge from your laptop, or any device with a USB outlet. It also beats carrying around a long cord. However, the lightning part does not attach properly if you have a case on your phone - I am not sure if it applies to all cases, but I tried 3 that I had around and no luck. It does not attach to the phone all the way and I could only get a charge by sliding the bottom of the case off. So it's a good idea, but the execution is not perfect.

Barbie Collector BMFC Flower Dress Barbie Doll
Barbie Collector BMFC Flower Dress Barbie Doll
Price: $49.39
28 used & new from $48.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, December 12, 2014
Stunning doll, amazing detail. Do wish it had a clear film over the box to allow for displaying, but not a big deal

Canon MAXIFY MB5020 Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (Airprint(TM) and Cloud Compatible)
Price: $199.99
8 used & new from $199.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Large and Clunky, Terribly Confusing Instructions, December 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Where do I start....this is a huge, clunky printer and printers with exactly the same functions have a much smaller footprint. On a desk in an average home, this printers takes up too much space. (it's about 16" wide and 11" tall)

The initial setup (before you even get to the wireless connection) is a huge headache made even more difficult by the fact that the instructions and screen prompts do not appear to be written by someone who actually speaks English. Here are a few gems:

"Check the following then load paper." Check what exactly?!
"Please wait momentarily" Is that English?

The paper in the tray is sized for paper smaller than the standard 8.5 x 11". When you use standard paper, the tray sticks out about 3" from the printer and appears open....even though it can't be closed. It seems like this was just a design oversight and they decided to cut their losses and just leave it as is. You can extend the little piece that holds the paper when it comes out after a print (not sure what the name for it is) and it does cover the protruding tray. Without this extension the printed paper hits the edge of the tray on its way out.

I was excited to finally have a wireless printer but was planning on still using a wired connection for my desktop. Apparently, you can only do one or the other...it's either all wireless or all wired. I am not sure if that's the norm for wireless printers...

The wireless connection has to be setup through canon.com/ijsetup and besides the download taking 18 minutes, it was fairly seamless. It was 18 minutes on a very fast laptop but for some reason only took minutes on a phone, so not sure what the issue is here. I selected the printer model and the setup popped up, located the printer and began the software download. It then walked me through the entire setup and I was able to start printing with no issues.

To sum up, MAXIFY MB5020 has an easy to set-up wireless connection, prints fast and I am satisfied with the scanning and copying quality. However, the initial set-up is slow and confusing, the written and display instructions are terrible and the overall design of the printer is not well thought out. I don't think the high price tag on this all-in-one is justified at all.

Netgear Powerline 500 1-Port Essentials Edition (XAVB5221-100PAS)
Netgear Powerline 500 1-Port Essentials Edition (XAVB5221-100PAS)
Price: $44.99
13 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, December 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have an old home with thick walls; our main router is in the office and we get barely any reception on the other side of the home. We do use a WIFI extender that generally works well but were still having issues with the smart TV in our bedroom - trying to watch Netflix was a huge pain.

Enter this Netgear Powerline - it's EXCELLENT! Such an easy setup: just connect one piece to your WIFI router and plug the 2nd piece into a power outlet near the device you want to use (your device would connect to the Netgear piece via an ethernet cord). We connected our TV and pronto - very fast Netflix loading times!

There are some limitations with this unit since the TV/game console, etc. needs to be close to an outlet. But since they usually are anyway, I don't see it as a huge issue. Can't say enough great things about this gadget!

bliss Fatgirlslim Arm Candy, 4.2 fl. oz.
bliss Fatgirlslim Arm Candy, 4.2 fl. oz.
Price: $34.30
13 used & new from $34.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Bogus claims - does not reduce redness, tone or smooth, November 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always had a LOT of red bumps on my upper arms and have tried everything I could think of to at least make them fade, if not go away altogether. I've had mild success with the Glytone body wash and lotion as well as AmLactin lotion, but they haven't completely solved the problem either.

I generally love bliss products and was hopeful this lotion would work as promised. It is advertised to "reduce redness" on arms and one of the ingredients is lactic acid. I used the lotion as instructed twice a day for 2 weeks. I had ZERO results. If anything, my skin looks more irritated and more red.

As far as the claims that this lotion will give your arms a "smoother and more toned appearance"...I honestly wish that all beauty products will stop making these claims (along with claims to reduce cellulite). I don't think there's a lotion in this world that would do that for you which is why they put in a disclaimer that it has to be used "in conjunction with regular exercise and a healthy diet". EXACTLY! The exercising and the healthy diet will make your arms more toned...not paying close to $40 for this lotion.

I will say that this lotion has a nice smell but you definitely don't need to pay more than $5 for a nice smell...

Barbie and The Secret Door Princess Malucia Doll
Barbie and The Secret Door Princess Malucia Doll
Price: $6.10
33 used & new from $6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely doll, November 25, 2014
Such a beautiful little doll - impressed by the quality especially for the price! Malucia is the villain in The Secret Door but you wouldn't know it by how adorable this doll is! Her hair is soft, multi colored and very fun/funky. The crown and scepter are removable; so are the shoes. She fits perfectly on the pink unicorn sold separately.

Dream Unicorn (Barbie and the Secret Door) (Color Plus Crayons and Sticker)
Dream Unicorn (Barbie and the Secret Door) (Color Plus Crayons and Sticker)
by Mary Man-Kong
Price: $4.99
32 used & new from $1.70

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, November 25, 2014
I have the worst luck with ordering thin paperbacks from Amazon - they always arrive bent and mangled looking and this one was no exception. As promised, the book came with crayons and 15 or so double sided coloring pages. The images were too detailed and intricate for younger kids so I'd gear this for ages 6 and up. The pages are also very thin and paper of poor quality so it was difficult to color on both sides - color showed right through.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Irish Creme Liquid Singles, .375-Ounce Creamers (Pack of 200)

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak Flavor, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are individual sized creamers - each box contains 50 "pods". They are technically shelf stable, but I prefer to keep mine in the fridge. You can stand the box up on a shelf and pop upon the dispenser window at the bottom for easy retrieval.

I am a huge fan of Coffee-mate French Vanilla and use that majority of the time. I feel that the flavor is strong enough that I don't need to add anything else - like sugar - to my coffee. I can't say the same is true for this Irish Creme flavor. I used 2 pods in 1 cup of coffee and could barely taste the flavor. I'll be sticking to my French Vanilla for now...

Nutrition - each pod has 30 calories and 1.5 grams of fat.

There Was and There Was Not: A Journey Through Hate and Possibility in Turkey, Armenia, and Beyond
by Meline Toumani
Price: $20.97
63 used & new from $16.94

4.0 out of 5 stars There Was and There Was Not Review, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Meline Toumani grew up hearing that everything Turkish was inherently bad and that the only way forward was for Turkey to recognize the genocide they committed against Armenians during World War I. As a child, she attended Armenian camps where zealots asked young children what they were willing to sacrifice in order for this recognition to happen. And yet, as an adult and a journalist, Meline chose to form her opinions which led her to the unthinkable - visiting and then living in Turkey.

What started as a few months in Turkey eventually morphed into several years. While there, Meline made it her goal to live alongside Turks, learn their language and really understand the genocide issue from their perspective. She interviewed and befriended people from all walks of life and both sides of the issue. She traveled to ancient Armenian sites and marveled at how any trace of the former Armenian inhabitants was summarily wiped away. She did not shy away from speaking with those who were adamant to deny the genocide ever occurred (and those who made careers of denying the genocide) and was eager to hear their side of the story. She also met Turks who acknowledged the genocide, and those that even converted to Christianity upon finding out about their Armenian roots.

Toumani writes well and while there are not many concrete answers in her exploration, it is a fascinating look at understanding the issue from the eyes of your supposed enemy. I wish more people would aim to do the same.

That said, I could not "get into" the book as much as I wanted to but more for personal reasons than anything else. I am Armenian - I was raised in Rep. of Georgia and moved to U.S. as a teenager. My great grandmother's family emigrated to Georgia from Turkey at the time of the genocide (and possibly because of it). However, my "Armenian" experience has been very different from Toumani's. In her descriptions of growing, Toumani made it sound like hating Turkey and wanted genocide recognition was every Armenian's reality. It was not and is not mine. Nor is it the reality for many of the Armenian-Americans and Armenian immigrants I'm friends with. Other than an occasional unmanned poster at an Armenian festival, in our circles genocide is rarely discussed. Many of us have been to Turkey for vacations, not because we wanted to visit the "enemy". I don't agree with Turkish denial of this tragic event in Armenian history, but I don't think their acknowledgement of it would do much for my Armenian identity either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20