Profile for Clevelander83 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 649

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clevelander83 RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Colgate Enamel Health Whitening Toothpaste, Clean Mint Paste, 5.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $23.76
10 used & new from $23.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well as regular toothpaste...does it "strengthen enamel"? I have no idea..., April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I feel like toothpaste is toothpaste and most work well enough. I've never seen a whitening toothpaste that made a noticeable difference and this Colgate Enamel Health Whitening Toothpaste is no exception.

Colgate Enamel Health leaves my teeth feeling clean and I like the minty taste for a fresh breath. Every toothpaste has a gimmick and for this toothpaste it's that it "helps replenish natural calcium to strengthen enamel". Basically, Colgate's claim is that this toothpaste does something similar to a hygienist polishing your enamel to help prevent germ build-up. I don't think any average user can verify whether or not these claims are true....I have no idea how I'm supposed to tell if my enamel is getting strengthened....and after using various toothpastes over the years, I've never had my dentist comment about some improvement made to my teeth from one cleaning to the next.

Overall, I think this a good toothpaste that will leave your teeth and mouth feeling clean, but I wouldn't expect any miracles. I personally have sensitive teeth and alternate using regular toothpaste with Sensodyne, but those with no sensitivity should have no issues.

Righteous Lotus Temporary Metallic Tattoos - Beautiful Non-Permanent Jewelry Tattoos in Gold and Silver (Alessa Collection - 2 Sheets)
Offered by Wander Chic
Price: $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to accessorize, perfect for summer, April 20, 2015
I love jewelry tattoos and am so glad to finally see them at a better price here on Amazon! (I paid over $20 for 2 sheets before on various sites) I always get compliments whenever I wear these and can't wait to take them with me on a beach vacation. These tattoos almost look like individual stenciled designs that took hours instead of quick jewelry tattoos that took seconds to apply.

The instructions are very easy - remove the clear sheet, place tattoo face down on dry skin, wet tattoo with sponge or towel, remove after 30 seconds and let dry. I've used these as "cuffs" around my upper arms, as "bracelets" around my wrists, as "necklaces", "ankle bracelets" - you name it. I also like placing 2 small designs by the collarbone. There's no right or wrong with these and just depends on the look you're trying to achieve.

I wore these for several days in a row and saw no skin irritation. They can last several days if you place them somewhere where the skin doesn't stretch/twist too much and if you avoid soap, sunscreen, lotions, oils, etc. near the tattoos. Since I typically use one or several of these products, my tattoos only lasted a day or two before fading and peeling. Tattoos can be removed by soaking the area in some kind of oil for about a minute (baby, olive, argan - I use whatever I have around) and then carefully scrubbing them off.

I received this product as a sample in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Zenna Home 2135AL, NeverRust Aluminum Tension Corner Caddy, Satin Chrome
Zenna Home 2135AL, NeverRust Aluminum Tension Corner Caddy, Satin Chrome
Price: $94.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive at the price, much better options out there..., April 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an OXO pole caddy that I love and have used over a year with no problems, and was looking for something similar for my other bathroom. I was hoping this Zenith caddy would perform similarly given that the 2 caddys are similarly priced, but there's just too much lacking at a $100 price point.

- the installation itself was fine and was probably the bright spot in the whole experience; I was able to put the caddy together in about 30 minutes following the instructions and the pole easily extends to fit any height. I've been using the caddy for about a week now and had no issues with it falling down - the "tension" part works well enough to hold the whole contraption up

- the appearance of the caddy is not impressive at all. At a $100, I would expect some special features, a sleeker look, etc. This looks like your regular/cheap tension caddy, nothing more

- I wish Zenith put more thought into designing the baskets or at least made the baskets/shelves different (in comparison, my OXO caddy has some shelves with holes for holding bottles upside down, flat shelves for holding razors and other small accessories, etc.). The shelves on the Zenith caddy are deep and will hold a lot of stuff, but they need to be packed full - otherwise the bottles just tip and fall all over the place. This caddy does come with some hook attachments for holding razors, but I didn't find them to be too functional and my razor usually wound up on the ground.

- the material that the shelves are made out of feels very flimsy and pliable; it's held up OK for a week but I can see it bending out of shape after longer use

The Nutro Company Breakfast Scrambles with Chicken, Egg and Salmon
The Nutro Company Breakfast Scrambles with Chicken, Egg and Salmon
Price: $28.56

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 picky cats gobbled this food right up!, April 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have 2 very picky cats that are used to eating Blue Buffalo dry food mixed with Friskies and they gobbled this stuff right up. One of my cats is 11 years old and the other one is 6.

The ingredients used by Nutro Company are great - the first ingredients listed are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Pork Broth, Egg Product, Chicken Liver, Salmon. Great in mind since the first ingredient I typically see is a meat-by-product of some kind. Nutro food is also made with no grain, corn, wheat or other grains - all ingredients that are all too commonly used as fillers in pet foods and are not really needed in a cat diet.

Of course, you do pay a premium for quality pet food from any brand (for example, for the price I pay for a small bag of Blue Buffalo dry cat food I could get 40 lbs or more of Meow Mix/Friskies, etc.). For $28.56 (although prices on pet food on Amazon change daily) I received 24 3oz cans. That comes out to $1.19/can. In comparison, Friskies cans have 5.5oz and typically cost under $0.50/can. And for every Friskies can I need to use 2 Nutro Breakfast Scrambles cans when I feed my cats in the morning, so the cost per meal goes up to $2.40. Then again, the first ingredients in Friskies are typically water sufficient for processing, fish, poultry, meat by-products, wheat gluten, and so on.

For me, our pets are part of the family and I try to be conscious of what I'm feeding them. I've had to make several (expensive) visits to the vet for their digestive problems in the past and they have been happy campers since I switched them to better dry food. So I don't mind paying more to make them healthier in the long term but it's a personal choice for every pet owner...

kate spade new york Women's 1YRU0446 Metro Crystal-Accented Rose Gold Ion-Plated Watch with Beige Leather Band
Offered by DealMeDeal
Price: $249.95
2 used & new from $249.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch, perfect for spring and summer, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love this watch and got tons of compliments the very first time I wore it! Great neutral color for the spring/summer and appropriate for both work and going out. It's also sold at a great price on Amazon - the same watch was $225 (plus tax) at Nordstrom.

The watch arrived in a nice Kate Spade turquoise and orange box - put a bow around it and it's ready to gift. The strap is a light beige and made of calfskin leather; it's very soft and lies around the wrist nicely. There are plenty of holes in the strap for a variety of wrist sizes (I mention this because I've had to punch holes in straps before to make it fit). The face of the watch is a pearly white and looks like (but is not) mother-of-pearl. The face is surrounded by a row of crystals and the crystals are also used for the time marks on the face. The 12am/pm spot is marked by the Kate Spade logo (a spade, naturally). The movement is Japanese quartz which I'm not very familiar with but so far the watch has worked great.

This watch also features a large face - 38mm - that's been in style for both men and women for quite a while now. I personally love the trend but it's something to keep in mind if it's not your thing.

Carteret Hair Collection DuoPro Ceramic Tourmaline Curling & 1" Flat Iron Hair Styling Tool, Champagne
Offered by BobTronics
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does an OK job but nothing spectacular..., April 14, 2015
I have naturally straight hair but have always used flat irons to get a sleeker look and curl the ends of my hair under (they usually stick in all directions).

There are many things I like about the Carteret iron:
-the iron can be used to both straighten and curl your hair. For curling, it's the same concept as using a curling wand/cone where you have to wind your hair around the flat iron. I have never quite mastered curling my hair without the clamp that regular curlers come with but it's nice to have the option and definitely great for saving space while traveling
-the 1" width is great; I currently half shoulder length hair but have also used 1" irons when my hair was waist length - it's a pretty versatile size
-the 2 sides of the iron lock in place so that it can be used as a curler but I think this function is also helpful when heating up the iron. I found that it heats up faster with the sides closed
-the ON/OFF and temperature buttons are on the inside of the flat iron so there's no chance of turning the iron off accidentally while you're using it
-the Auto-off function turns the iron off after an hour in case you forget to

And what I don't like...
-the first iron I received was dead-on-arrival. I plugged it in and it never turned on. I was able to return it and get a replacement with no problems

-the iron is very nice looking and in looks alone, rivals the more expensive flat irons. That said, it definitely doesn't work as well as my Chi or the One Legacy flat irons. It does an OK job but nothing spectacular and I always wound up finishing up my hair with one of the other irons to get a sleeker/shinier look. It's sort of like a very basic, CVS/Walgreens flat iron in fancy packaging...

Those using a flat iron for the first time will likely be pleased with the Carteret but it will probably disappoint those that know what a truly professional flat iron can do.

This item was provided to me for free in exchange for an honest review.

ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather Snap-On Case for iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Knight Rider/Black
Price: $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Protection, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wish I could give this case 5 stars because I love the use of leather on iPhone cases, think the craftsmanship is great, and the owl logo is adorable. But, there are 2 cons that would prevent me from using this case long term:

1. The case does not cover the top (power button), bottom (outlets for charging cable and headphones) and side (volume and mute/sound buttons). I'm not sure why the case wasn't made to cover these areas and to leave just the necessary buttons/outlets open. As it is, these areas are open for damage and will get nicked easily (I have 2 dents on top after just a week of using this case)

2. As much as I love the look and feel of leather on this case, it in itself gets scratched and damaged very quickly. I must have caught the edge of the case on something and already have a little piece of leather peeling off.

If you like a leather case and are very careful with your phone, the ullu brand is definitely worth a look. As much as I throw my phone around, it just doesn't offer enough protection for my everyday use.

OZ Naturals - The BEST Retinol Moisturizer Contains 2.5% Retinol Cream, Vegan  Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin E + VITAMIN B5 For The Most Effective, Clinical Strength, Anti Wrinkle Moisturizer With Retinol On The Market - This Anti Aging Moisturizer Will Dramatically Decrease The Signs Of Aging For An Incredibly Youthful Glow. This Retinol Night Cream Is Formulated To Work With Our 20% Vitamin C Serum - GUARANTEED Results - HUGE 4oz Size
OZ Naturals - The BEST Retinol Moisturizer Contains 2.5% Retinol Cream, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin E + VITAMIN B5 For The Most Effective, Clinical Strength, Anti Wrinkle Moisturizer With Retinol On The Market - This Anti Aging Moisturizer Will Dramatically Decrease The Signs Of Aging For An Incredibly Youthful Glow. This Retinol Night Cream Is Formulated To Work With Our 20% Vitamin C Serum - GUARANTEED Results - HUGE 4oz Size
Offered by OZ Naturals
Price: $27.49
11 used & new from $27.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Made my skin softer and brighter, April 7, 2015
I have long used a Vitamin B5 serum separately for added moisture, as well as a night cream with Hyaluronic Acid. It was nice to find this OZ Naturals moisturizer that combines both of these ingredients as well as Vitamin E and retinol (as retinyl palmitate) and at a very affordable price! (I used to spend around $40 just on the B5 serum)

I have used this moisturizer at night for several weeks and while my skin is generally clear and in good shape, I have noticed improved moisture (the sign of this to me is when my skin still feels supple/soft even without moisturizing all day) and brightness. I have reserved this moisturizer for night use only simply because I look for SPF in my daytime moisturizers.

Some other things I like about this moisturizer:
- comes in a tube vs a jar (I have stopped using jars a long time ago since constantly dipping your fingers in the cream can lead to bacteria growth)
- no parabens (methylparabens, ethylparabens, etc.) according to the ingredient list on the OZ Natural website

Kudos to OZ Naturals for providing women with a superior product at a decent price - I will definitely try more products in the future!

I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather Snap-On Case for iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Turkish Delight/Blue
Price: $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the use of leather, but the case offers little protection, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wish I could give this case 5 stars because I love the use of leather on iPhone cases, think the craftsmanship is great, and the color fresh and fun (and the owl logo is adorable). But, there are 2 cons that would prevent me from using this case long term:

Oreck Surface Scrub Hard Floor Cleaner
Oreck Surface Scrub Hard Floor Cleaner
Price: $237.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Cumbersome and Glitchy for Everyday Use, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a mixture of hard wood, vinyl and pergo floors - and zero carpet - in our house, so I figured this hard floor cleaner from Oreck would come into good use.

While it did an OK job cleaning my floors, I honestly get much better results from my regular $10 microfiber spray mop or my floor steamer. Both are much quieter and cost a fraction of this Oreck Cleaner. If I purchased this Cleaner instead of receiving it from Vine, it'd be going right back.

Here are my pros and cons after using this cleaner several times:

Pros
- the assembly was a breeze and I am definitely not great at assembling things. The Cleaner came in 3 pieces and all I had to was snap the body into the bottom cleaning head, and then snap on the handle. Done. No tools required
- the power cord is 30 feet, long enough for me to clean several rooms without disconnecting and reconnecting
- the Cleaner is fairly light and easy to handle. My arms usually kill after vacuuming the entire house and carrying the vacuum up and down the stairs; I had no such problems with this Cleaner

Neutral
- the Cleaner comes with a small bottle of cleaning solution. Each clean water tank needs about an ounce of the solution. I initially thought it would last a while but the water in the clear water tank (where the solution goes) gets used up fast and I needed 3 tanks just to clean my very small house. I am not sure where I can buy more of this solution - don't see any being sold on Amazon - and the instructions don't state whether or not another cleaning solution can be used. I might give my trusty Murphy's oil a try down the road...

Cons
- the Cleaner has 2 functions, Wash or Dry. The lever for switching the modes is at foot level and is very awkward to move back and forth - and you will have to switch MANY times while cleaning. I wish this switch was on the handle instead

- while in WASH mode, you have to press the trigger button located underneath the handle to release the water. The instructions say to press the trigger when moving forward and release it when moving back so that the Cleaner mops up the water. So it's a constant thought process of when you're supposed to press the trigger and when you're not....I usually wound up pressing it for too long and had too much water on the floor

- pressing the trigger does not ALWAYS release water and I sometimes had to move the Cleaner over the same spot several times to get any water to come out. If you do manage to get water out on the first try, the brushes on the head don't disburse the water evenly so you again have to clean the same spot several times (while the floor is wet the streaks these brushes create are really visible)

- this Cleaner is meant to wash the floors, not vacuum them, so I was not surprised by having to vacuum floors first. But, even though the floor looked spotless to me, all the dirt/dust accumulated in the part of the head where the water comes in and out and I had to stick my hand in to clean out the gunk after each use

- the DRY mode did not seem to work very well. On one clean, I went through 4 clean water tanks and my dirty water tank was only 1/4 of the way full. Meanwhile, my floors looked soaked even after running over them with the Cleaner in DRY mode several times

- the dirty water tank is also glitchy. It's supposed to automatically shut off when full - indicated by a change in the sound of the motor (you'll know when you hear it). However, mine constantly shut off when 1/4 of the way full...

- after turning off the Cleaner, I always noticed several small puddles of dirty water on the floor that I had to wipe up. I also had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning this Cleaner after every use - rinsing both tanks, cleaning out the gunk from the brushes and the cleaning head, etc.

So while I will probably use this Oreck Cleaner once in a while for a deeper clean, I think it's much too cumbersome for regular use. I wish Oreck spent more time testing these Cleaners and thinking through the various features before releasing them to the market.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20