Profile for VeraP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 552

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VeraP RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Crayola Virtual Design Pro-Fashion Set Assortment
Crayola Virtual Design Pro-Fashion Set Assortment

4.0 out of 5 stars Crayola Virtual Design Set, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to be a fashion designer as a kid and I wish I had this set! Rates for ages 6+, this set has a 20-page fashion design book, 36 color pencils, 20 markers, 4 stencils and a pencil sharpener.

The assortment is meant to be used with the My Virtual Fashion Show cell phone/tablet app for maximum fun, but can be used on its own. The app can be downloaded on both Apple and Android products according to the package, although I've only had the opportunity to test it out on an iPhone and iPad. It's free to download.

Kids can create designs in the fashion design book and then use a phone to scan the design into the app. Within the app, they have a chance to customize the mode's look - appearance, accessories, etc. - and bring their design to life on the runway. While the fashion design book only has 20 pages, there are additional templates that can be printed out from the app.

West Bend 41413 Hi-Rise Loaf Programmable Breadmaker, 2-Pound
West Bend 41413 Hi-Rise Loaf Programmable Breadmaker, 2-Pound
Price: $69.99
5 used & new from $62.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my first breadmaker, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first breadmaker - I've previously used pre-made dough and would just stick it in the oven. This breadmaker is a great size for the counter (doesn't take up too much space) and does an excellent job from what I can tell so far kneading the dough and baking the bread. I've made near perfect 2lb loaves with little effort and the delay function is great for having the bread ready when you get home after work.

The gluten-free setting is definitely a bonus for anyone trying to eat gluten-free!

Louise Loves Art
Louise Loves Art
by Kelly Light
Price: $11.88
43 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Little Art Lovers, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Louise Loves Art (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very cute book for any little girls who love to draw! Rated for preschool - 3 but my niece is 4 years old and she enjoyed it.

The book centers around Louise who is busy drawing masterpieces and hanging them around the house. She's so occupied she does not notice that her brother is following in her footsteps and cutting up her drawing into garlands of paper people. After a moment of disappointment at discovering his shenanigans, Louise realizes that his paper people are a work of art too. Great book for teaching kids to look beyond themselves and appreciate others.

Mighty Dads
Mighty Dads
by Joan Holub
Price: $13.05
55 used & new from $7.29

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So, September 6, 2014
This review is from: Mighty Dads (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book has about 10 2-page spreads of a variety of large machinery and their "mini-mes". The large trucks, bulldozers, etc. are portrayed as "dads" and their smaller counterparts as "sons"; each spread has a 3-4 sentence rhyme of how the "dads" help their "kids" get the job done. There's no story to speak of and each spread can be read separately and in any order.

I think this book may obviously be of more interest to boys - my niece was fairly bored. The names of the various machinery may also be too complicated for young kids (the book is recommended for ages 3-5) and go right over their heads. My niece didn't care much for the content but did keep pointing out the matching small trucks, bulldozers, etc. and started counting them as we went along - so something educational came out of it!

Furniture of America Fairfield Classic Style Vanity and Stool Set, Cream White
Furniture of America Fairfield Classic Style Vanity and Stool Set, Cream White
Offered by Furniture Creations
Price: $192.81
7 used & new from $192.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Elegant Vanity, September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Beautiful elegant vanity! Besides having to drill holes for the mirrow, the assembly was fairly easy. I've ordered other furniture from Amazon before and due to weight, it often arrived broken. This vanity table was superbly packed and everything arrived in tact.

This vanity is cream - not stark white - but that's fairly clear from the description which says "cream white" (so I'm not sure I understand the complaints from other reviewers). It has 3 deep drawers and comes as a set with the chair pictured.

YogaAddict Yoga Socks and Gloves Set, For Any Type of Yoga and Pilates
YogaAddict Yoga Socks and Gloves Set, For Any Type of Yoga and Pilates
Offered by YogaAddict
Price: $18.90 - $28.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Traction, August 30, 2014
Great socks and gloves for anything serious about yoga. My hands and feet tend to get sweaty and slide all over, making it difficult to strike certain poses. This set fit me perfectly (I have fairly small hands and wear an 8 1/2 shoe size) and gave me the traction I needed in class. All in all, having these socks and gloves around makes yoga much more enjoyable!

iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
Price: $599.99
5 used & new from $582.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Roomba 870, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a newbie to robot vacuums. The Roomba 870 came ready to use right out of the box and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to start using it. It was very nicely packaged and came with a quick start guide as well as more detailed instructions. With the quick start guide, I just had to set up the day and time and the Roomba was off cleaning. The guide did suggest charging the Roomba for 24 hours prior to use, but it worked without the initial charge too. Press CLEAN button and it starts zooming around and cleaning. Press SPOT for cleaning a more restricted area. That's about it.

The Roomba comes with a docking station that should be kept constantly plugged in and preferably flush against a wall. It was very cool to see the Roomba find the docking station on its own and start charging. Roomba also comes with 2 virtual walls than can be used to block off certain rooms you don't want the Roomba going into. They look like little black boxes that I guess create some sort of invisible walls that the Roomba recognizes.

The Persistent Pass feature lets the Roomba identify especially dirty spots and makes it go over those spots several times. This particular model is good with pet hair which was important to me - I have 2 cats and a dog.

Despite all these great features, I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed with my first robot vaccum experience. Here are some things that I already don't like:

- it's bigger than I expected. It would work well in a large house with lots of empty spaces but in a small house it almost felt like it didn't have enough room to maneuver

- it bumped into my coffee table fairly hard and caused a scratch. It kept bumping into brooms and mops and knocking them over

- it's made specifically for homes with pets but scared the hell out of mine - cats and dogs won't exactly take well to a foreign object whirring around

- it kept sensing my bed skirt as a barrier and would not go under the bed (where I really need a good cleaning)

- it's already so expensive but you'd have to be the MOST expensive model to get room to room navigation and a remote

- it's really only good for picking up very small particles and animal hair. It almost treated larger dirt pieces, crushed dog food, etc. as obstacles and went right around them

LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
Price: $16.50
31 used & new from $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids Learning ABCs, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This magnetic letter set is meant to be placed on a fridge and used by toddlers learning their ABCs. When they place a specific letter in the window of the bus, there is a song related to that letter that comes on. Double pressing the letter results in the letter being used in a word and then a sentence.

It's a really fun way for kids to learn their letters and has been entertaining my 4-year old niece for days. I think repetition is great in helping her learn; she likes hearing the songs and keeps placing the same letters in the window - hopefully remembering them in the process.

House of Marley EM-JA005-MI Liberate Midnight BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
House of Marley EM-JA005-MI Liberate Midnight BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Offered by WORLD WIDE STEREO
Price: $119.00
4 used & new from $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Trendy Bluetooth Speaker with OK Sound, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't get enough of Bluetooth speakers and this one definitely stands out from the rest! It's a bit larger than your typical Bluetooth speaker at about 9 inches long. The back is wrapped in grey material with a thin wood panel bearing the name "Marley" and small silver buttons on the top.

Set-up was effortless and the speaker came charged up right out of the box. As soon as I turned it on, it paired with my cell phone and I was off playing music from Spotify.

I'd have 2 cons for this speaker: 1) it only comes with a USB cord and no wall charger and 2) while the sound is good, it's not great. I kept switching between the Marley speaker and my trusty Go Audio and could definitely hear how much clearer the sound was on the Go Audio.

Mudder OULM Men Dual Time Zone Analog Sport Quartz Wristwatch with Stainless Steel Band
Offered by Mudder
Price: $22.46
2 used & new from $20.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Mudder OULM Men Sport Watch, August 24, 2014
I was initially very impressed with this watch - it has a fashionable big face with an unusual interesting look. I thought for around $20 it was quite the steal. I also really liked the mesh metal band and the belt like closure instead of the typical clasp.

However, after several uses, the metal coating on the face started to look discolored and looked like it was peeling off in some places. I guess you get what you pay for...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20