Profile for Fairy Gardens > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fairy Gardens RSS Feed

Joy's Waldorf Dolls Waldorf Doll Making DVD with Joy Chambers
Joy's Waldorf Dolls Waldorf Doll Making DVD with Joy Chambers
DVD ~ Joy Chambers
Offered by This Child of Mine *
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Like, September 23, 2013
My friend loaned me this and I didn't like it. It wasn't helpful to me at all. I'm glad I didn't spend the money buying it. Wouldn't recommend.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Nintendo Wii
Sonic and the Secret Rings - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Galactics
Price: $12.89
246 used & new from $1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun Sonic game!, February 7, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let me start off by saying how much I love Sonic games. I've played nearly all of them. From Sonic 1 all the way to Generations. I'm a big Sonic fan and I love this game! I got this game when it first came out and I had a total blast with it. This game has such cool levels, some of the coolest levels I've ever seen in a Sonic game. A really cool looking desert, a jungle, a pirate ship, and a star filled castle. The graphics are amazing and everything is so colorful. The controls for this game aren't as difficult as so many people keep saying. They're very simple and easy. They just take a little getting used to. Sonic runs by himself, so all you have to do is steer. You hold the Wii remote sideways and tilt it left and right to change direction. You use the 1 button to brake and the 2 button to jump. Then during a jump you just thrust the wii remote forward for a homing attack. That's pretty much it. You may crash into a few bad guys at first, but once you get a feel for the controls it's no problem. This game also features a level up system, which gives you some really cool power ups. Most of these power ups affect the controls. They make him brake better, move left and right more smoothly and make him faster. If you don't like the new power up or you want to add more, you can change them anytime by customising your ring before you start a mission. This game doesn't rank on score ether, just the time it took you to reach the end. The main levels also have huge replay value. I personally have over 99 hours playtime for this game. Finally outside the main game, you have mini games to play. Most of them are fun, some are not. You can play them with up to 4 people and you can use any of the main characters including Blaze and Silver. For those who like Sonic to go fast, this is a game for you.

Pokémon Black Version 2
Pokémon Black Version 2
Offered by Shark Distributors
Price: $52.26
77 used & new from $32.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not Perfect., November 5, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, let me start off by saying I've played every generation of Pokemon game starting with Blue. I've always loved pokemon games and Black was one of the coolest I had played. So naturally I was very excited about the release of Black 2 and bought it the day it came out.

As in most pokemon games, you start out in your house with your mom. Then you meet your friend/rival, get your starter pokemon, try to fill the pokedex, battle the bad guys, and obtain the gym badges.

After completing the main game, I found myself a little disappointed in the story. The original Black had an amazing story. Even though you were still trying to beat Team___, it was unlike any other story in a pokemon game I had played. The story in Black 2 was similar in that sense, but it just wasn't as good.

There are also no new pokemon to catch, just old ones with new forms. You would think they would want to add at least 1 to make the total 650. It's alright though, because they added in more Pokemon from past generations to help make up for this.

This game also introduces new areas and features. One of the first you will see is this "key item" called medal box. This keeps a record of different achievements you've completed in the game such as; taking 20,000 steps, catching a shiny pokemon, earning 1,000,000 exp in a day, ect. I find this feature to be both good and bad. It's cool because it shows everyone the hard work you've done to earn certain medals. It's annoying because you may find yourself doing things you wouldn't normally or want to do for the sake of collecting the medal. After careful consideration I decided I would prefer a game without this feature. Although, others will probably enjoy it.

My biggest gripe with this game is the fact that they added some stuff that makes you have to use the Passerby on your C-gear. I'm sorry, but who wants to walk around all day long holding their DS and praying someone else around them is doing the same. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good battle with a friend or trade on Wi-Fi, but the Passby feature should never have to be used to fully beat a game.

Now the cool features in this game. The Pokemon World Tournament is probably my favorite new feature of this game. I don't want to give anything away, but it's nice to see some old faces. Where was this in black? XD The gyms got upgraded, too.
Again seeing some older pokemon makes this game more fun. Making movies is pretty interesting as well.
One of the most useful features they added is a habitat list. This is a list of all the pokemon that can be found in each area. This is especially helpful for when you're trying to fill the pokedex! There are many other fun features for players to discover such as Unova Link and the Pokemon Dream World. It's a blast to explore it all!

The graphics and sound are good. Very similar to Black.

All in all, despite my gripes, I really enjoyed this game. It added more things to do and explore. It's a cool game for any Pokemon fan! Go catch them all!

Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Nintendo Wii
Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Pinnacle Toys
Price: $19.93
46 used & new from $9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Naruto Shippuden Dragon Blade Chronicles, January 4, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great game for any Naruto fan. It kept me busy for many hours and I loved it.
The graphics are good and the music is nice. The Gameplay is a lot like Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2.
You play as ether Naruto or Sasuke, and run around a mountain looking for scrolls and defeating enemies.
It's a great game, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes Naruto. If you don't like Naruto, rent it first.

Sonic Heroes - Xbox
Sonic Heroes - Xbox
29 used & new from $8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic's Best Game Ever!, November 18, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sonic Heroes - Xbox (Video Game)
This was my very first look at the "fastest thing alive" and to put it bluntly I've been a die-hard fan ever since!
The story is exciting, and fast-paced, but also great for people who are new to the Sonic world.
There are four different teams to play as, all with there own stories and difficulty levels.
They are Team Rose(easy), Team Sonic(medium), Team Dark(Hard), and Team Chaotix(mission-based).
The level designs and backgrounds are Awesome! They include things like Jungles and canyons. There are 14 levels total.
The gameplay is relaxed and casual. A new feture allows you to play as three characters at a time insted of one and you can switch the "leader" at any time. There are many different moves to use depending on who the leader is and a cool new ultimate move called team blast. Each Team has there own team blast. The Special stages are reminiscent of the ones from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Genesis, only a lot nicer to look at. The graphics are top-notch and to top it all off what would a Sonic game be without speed! I own over 100 different video games now, but this game is and probably always will be my favorite game. A true Sonic Masterpiece! Way to go SEGA!!!!!

Sonic Unleashed - Xbox 360
Sonic Unleashed - Xbox 360
Offered by Exuby
Price: $20.90
59 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Unleashed For Xbox 360, November 18, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let me start off by saying I'm a die-hard Sonic fan, and I've been playing Sonic games from the Genesis all the way up to Xbox 360. I must say this is one of my favorites. The Daytime stages are everything a sonic game should be. Great graphics, cool level designs, 2D and 3D elements, classic moves, and supersonic speed! The Nighttime stages are not as good however. The graphics are still outstanding, but the stages feel incomplete. The controls are ok, but the fights lack depth. The werehogs' movements feel very slow and poorly timed, making those levels very difficult. It seems like they were going for Mario-style adventure levels combined with some fighting, but failed miserably! There are a few different paths, but they usually wind up being dead ends. It's basically a day stage only 20X slower! Overall if you can make through the boring werehog stages, then this is one awesome game with HUGE replay value. Great job SEGA just stick to speed from now on!

Tarzan
Tarzan
Offered by SHARPEY MEDIA
Price: $41.76
80 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game For All Ages!, September 1, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tarzan (Video Game)
Tarzan is one of the best games I've ever played! I first bought this game when I was 7 years old. I am 16 now, and a hardcore gamer, but I still love playing this game! The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is fun and addictive. There are tons of cool moves to use as well as 3 difficulty levels to challenge your skill level with.
Whether you're a hardcore gamer or brand new to video games, this is a great game to get!

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
DVD ~ Logan Lerman
Price: $7.79
131 used & new from $1.60

1.0 out of 5 stars You will YELL at this movie the entire time because it is WRONG!, July 3, 2010
Okay. Don't need to say much here because everyone has already said it for me. I just want to say that my daughter screamed at our television set the entire time we were watching this pathetic movie because absolutely none of it was even remotely close to the book. Someone sold out BIG TIME here. Don't waste your time - it was really boring. No St. Louis Arch scene, no tunnel of love, too much sexual tension between Percy & Annabeth (who are supposed to be 12), horny black ghetto Grover, No Aries, No Seaweed Brain said by Annabeth, Poisidon (sp?) wasn't wearing his beach bum shirt! Get the picture? Read the book, skip the movie.

Sonic and the Secret Rings (Target Edition)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Target Edition)
Offered by fideos
Price: $57.00
10 used & new from $5.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic & the Secret Rings, May 15, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is my children's most favorite game of all, and they have over 30 games. Now, first, I will say that I don't recommend it for very young children - it's got a rock n roll driving beat that is not appropriate for young children. But, my kids are 12 & 14 and have had more fun with this game than any other. The graphics are wonderful and it is full of challenging levels. We have definitely gotten our moneys' worth from this game and I highly recommend it.

Sleeping with Fear: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel
Sleeping with Fear: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel
by Kay Hooper
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.75
414 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars SLEEPING WITH FEAR, December 1, 2007
Sleeping with Fear
The fact that Kay Hooper is a best-selling author is proof that America has stopped reading. Her books are notoriously dull, long-winded and the writing juvenile at best. She uses the same phrases over and over and over..... This book was the worst one I've read of hers, although all of her books are poorly written. The dialoge between her characters is downright embarrassing - reminds me of things I wrote in grammar school. She has an interesting-enough premise in this book, but takes entirely too long to sort out the details. In this particular book, the character has to eat a lot of power bars for energy. I believe Kay Hooper used the word "power bar" about a million times, if not more. The repetitive writing and just plain dull storyline make this a book to definitely skip.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2010 11:13 AM PST