Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Tom Mather > Reviews

Browse

Tom Mather's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom Mather RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC)

The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas
The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the Inland Seas
by Jerry Dennis
Price: $11.59
133 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I was looking forward to reading this book, but ..., October 1, 2015
I was looking forward to reading this book, but will probably return it and get the Kindle version. The text is very small and difficult to read, which is hard to tell from looking at samples on-line. I ordered the paperback version because the Kindle versions often lack maps and photos, but this book does not have as many as I expected. Be forewarned that the print is very small if that is an issue for you.

Light & Motion Stella 300 Light One Color, One Size
Light & Motion Stella 300 Light One Color, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Stella 300, November 10, 2011
This a nice light with an excellent beam pattern and long run times. It seems like a brighter light than it is because the beam pattern is well focused with great throw. I am able to commute all week (6+ hours) on a single charge by using lower settings when a bright light isn't needed, but I always run the light for increased visibility in traffic. The only reasons I didn't give it 5 stars is the cable is overly long (4') with no shorter options, and I am concerned about the long-term durability of the mount. L&M told me they could replace the cable with a shorter for $40 plus shipping, but I don't know why they don't just include 2 cables or a shorter one with optional extension. The mount is very secure and my light never rotates, but it is a simple rubber strap with holes for adjusting the tightness and seems like it will wear out in time -- hopefully not during the middle of a commute. Finally, there are so many new, less expensive options for self-contained LED lights with internal batteries (L&M Urban 500, Niterider MiNewt 600) that the Stella now appears overpriced and outdated.

Casio Men's WV58A-1AVCR Waveceptor Atomic Digital Watch
Casio Men's WV58A-1AVCR Waveceptor Atomic Digital Watch
Price: $27.54
15 used & new from $26.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio solar atomic watch, June 18, 2009
I bought this watch in November 2008 and it quit working 6 months later. It fogged up after I got caught in the rain and quite working soon afterwards, even though it is supposed to be water resistant. I sent it back to Casio USA for repair or replacement under warranty (which is supposed to be 1 year) but Casio wanted $40 to fix it. I only paid $48 for the watch, so I said no thanks. On top of that, they wanted $8 to mail the useless watch back to me. I am going back to Timex.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2011 4:04 PM PDT