Profile for Sahar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sahar RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Taking of Deborah Logan
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Lady Owned This, October 29, 2014
I was shocked at how good this was. Jill Larson, who plays the possessed older woman, is 67 and does a great job! I was a little put off by the young lead actress as her acting was horrendous but Larson made up for it. Okay, yes there is some slight nudity but that is no big deal. The story is solid and it is all about the 'creep' factor and you get drawn in. You want to know why, who, and when. Good job on docu-horror.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2014 11:19 PM PST

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow

4.0 out of 5 stars I can only feel my lips :))), October 15, 2014
I kinda went into this thinking, 'meh' because I'm not the biggest Tom Cruise fan. However; I was pleasantly surprised at the character that Tom Cruise played. It wasn't typical Cruise. I got the best laughs out of the training scenes. And how Emily Blunt was so willing to reset the clock was classic. The alien plot that surrounds this story is okay. Its really the time between Cruise and Blunt that make this movie work. I could care less about the aliens or how they looked or acted. Add in the Sergeant from Science Hill, Kentucky and it was a good time spent for almost 2 hours.

The Hunted
The Hunted

2.0 out of 5 stars Hand in your Man Card, October 3, 2014
This review is from: The Hunted (Amazon Instant Video)
This wasn't scary at all. If anything it taught me about tree hunting. I just found it to be 'meh'. Two grown.... emphasis on grown men who are freaking out about screams in the woods. Okay .... ummmm, it was just so boring. At least give me some flash back history rather than some local legend talk. A movie that wasn't quite 90 minutes and could honestly have been finished in about 60 minutes. The first 20 minutes was about NOTHING.

The Calling
The Calling

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, worth the rental cost, October 2, 2014
This review is from: The Calling (Amazon Instant Video)
I really enjoyed this movie. Love seeing Susan Sarandon in the role of a cop, at the end of her career but still holding on. The parts were played well by all. I love a movie that takes the time to add character development. That requires an extra 28 minutes of reel time. Most movies today want to wrap up in 90 minutes. This was a nice 1 hour and 48 minutes. Just perfect. There is a lot of religion mentioned (Catholic in particular) but it is nicely balanced by the Susan Sarandon character. I kinda saw the ending coming thought.... I mean the very end.

Haunted
Haunted
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Care For It, September 24, 2014
This review is from: Haunted (Kindle Edition)
I thought the entire 'mature' nature of the haunting was just over kill. Too much and beyond anything I would ever need to know or want to know. After a while, I was like .... please just let the house explode with everyone in it. Then there was the whole issue of the obnoxious teenager. I was over her within a few lines of her character. I'm wondering what teenager this author has come into contact with because it wasn't familiar to me. No teenager I know acts or talks like that to or around adults. Irritated me from beginning to end. Not my kind of novel and I don't think I'll purchase another book from this author.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 4:34 AM PST

Lineage: A Supernatural Thriller
Lineage: A Supernatural Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay If You Like Nazi Themes, September 17, 2014
I did't like this one as much as I liked Widow Town. Dont' get me wrong it was a good read but I'm not much for anything Nazi related. I just don't have the stomach for it. So, the deeper the story got and more detailed, I kinda got turned off. But it's an okay read.

Widow Town
Widow Town

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Widow Town (Kindle Edition)
Really liked the idea of this. I mean, it wasn't too hard to figure out who the mystery person was. But how that person came to be and why and how he was getting others to do it... now that's a different matter. But I enjoyed this short read. Took me about a day and a half. Although I will admit that I preferred another ending. Sometimes things don't need to be so neatly wrapped up. It's okay for some people to die.

The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 3)
The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 3)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can't Help But Like It, September 17, 2014
Superb!

Brothers
Brothers
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars All for Jake, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Brothers (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched it for J.G and that's it. Not a fan of the other actors. He always does a great job and his opposition to his father was wonderful.

Origin
Origin

4.0 out of 5 stars Am I Supposed to Laugh, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Origin (Kindle Edition)
So far I like it. What I'm not sure about is the fact that I tend to be smiling a lot while reading it. I mean, is it supposed to be a comic techno/scifi mystery. If so, then it's doing the job. There are scenes in the book where I literally chuckled to myself. I can easily see this as some quick summer flick that draws in just enough people for it to become some cult classic. Hey Bub?! :))))

Page: 1 | 2 | 3