Profile for Arlene James > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Arlene James "bijoux10" RSS Feed (NYC)

Page: 1 | 2
Tallien: A Brief Romance
Tallien: A Brief Romance
by Frederic Tuten
Price: $13.24
27 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting..., May 15, 2014
I bought this book because it was selected by my book club. it was an interesting read and piqued my curiosity in the French Revolution.

EarlyBirdSavings Red Flip Back Leather Battery Cover Case For Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, February 17, 2014
I love this case and am sad that I haven't been able to find it again in red.
It came quickly and in good condition.

Red NFC Luxury PU Leather Flip Battery Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100
Red NFC Luxury PU Leather Flip Battery Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100

5.0 out of 5 stars I WANT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!, February 17, 2014
There were only two problems with this item. The first one is that it is not leather (no big deal) and that I can't seem to find it again. I would by 10 more if I could. I love the red!

Indaba My Children African Tribal Histor
Indaba My Children African Tribal Histor
by Credo Mutwa
31 used & new from $13.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Has anyone out there read this book and the Arabian Nights??, July 2, 2013
Wow! What an epic!! It kind of lost me at the very end but i found most of the book extremely interesting.

Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal for Women 3.4 Ounce EDT Spray
Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal for Women 3.4 Ounce EDT Spray
Price: $69.00
14 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this Scent, April 29, 2013
Item came quickly and in good condition.
After traveling with it, however, I noticed that some had spilled on my clothing.
I don't know if the bottle was defective (the packaging looked authentic), or if the cap had loosened in transit.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Flip Cover Case (Orange)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Flip Cover Case (Orange)
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $13.63
14 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Certain That this is the Real Thing, April 29, 2013
I've bought cases for my phone in the past from the SPRINT store, and they fit perfectly. This one was did not snap on effortlessly, and the quality is definitely not as good as the store bought one. I also think that it is a little smaller, as the case does not close all the way shut. It was pretty cheap, and the color is fun, so I'll use it for Summer.
One more thing, item took a very long time to arrive.

Divatex Cordoba Microfiber Duvet Full/Queen Mini Set, Black/Ivory
Divatex Cordoba Microfiber Duvet Full/Queen Mini Set, Black/Ivory
Price: $22.00
4 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Item, November 12, 2012
I was very pleasantly surprised by this set.
The quality is good, a little sheer, but my white comforter and pillows inside of the duvet and shams really
popped the black and white design. You cannot beat the price. I was a little nervous because it was so inexpensive compared to other sets out there, but was really very happy once I put it on my bed.
Great item.

Saving Agnes: A Novel
Saving Agnes: A Novel
by Rachel Cusk
Price: $11.70
130 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars If It Wasn't For The Book Club..., March 2, 2009
This review is from: Saving Agnes: A Novel (Paperback)
I became acquainted with this novel because it was chosen by my book club.
I am severly torn as to whether I should continue to read it, however, because I am finding it boring as hell. Yes, the writing is lovely, and was one of the first things that struck me when I began reading. I think that I am just bored to tears by people who do not like themselves or much else in their lives. I find it annoying. If it were not for my book club meeting in a week, I would surely chuck it.

Brother, I'm Dying
Brother, I'm Dying
by Edwidge Danticat
126 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Brother, I'm Dying (Hardcover)
So far, this is my favorite book by Danticat (I've read them all). It drew me in completely. And although I knew from the title that at least one life would be lost by the close of the book, I was unable to stop reading.I kept thinking that her father and uncle, not to mention the rest of her family must be very proud of her for writing such a beautiful eulogy. I also believe that the Haitian people who live with this suffering are also glad. Good work, Edwidge.

Meeting of the Waters: A Novel
Meeting of the Waters: A Novel
by Kim McLarin
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, March 15, 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Oddly enough, I read it while dealing with issues regarding interracial dating with a woman whom I've known for almost a decade and considered one of my best friends. She finds it disagreeable, I say, love is where you find it.

At any rate, this novel forced me to recognize aspects of what it truly means for some people to date outside of their race. It forced me to realize the truth about it, but also the absurdity: not the absurdity of loving someone who may not share the same heritage, but the lunacy of having to contend with it, and how it can make one insane with doubt. I know that it is a work of fiction, but I'm glad that Lee and Porter made it through. It confirms what James Baldwin and I believe: "Love is where you find it". Indeed.

Page: 1 | 2