Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Kabul, Afghanistan)

Diary Notes
Diary Notes
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, July 24, 2015
This review is from: Diary Notes (App)
this is the perfect app if you are looking for something to keep your most precious secrets in! Nevaeh milhollin

77 Days in September
77 Days in September

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected, March 1, 2014
It seems EMP books are now all the rage. However this book shines, it is well written, believable characters, and those people have depth. I enjoyed it and recommend it.

It is not a book that deals with someone in some bunker, or who has been waiting for the end of the world. He isn't a Spec Ops guy and doesn't have his handy dandy I can survive anything every day carry backpack. He is just a man with a love for his family, regardless of the changes in the world. Gives this book depth you rarely see in this genre.

My Forbidden Face: Growing Up Under the Taliban: A Young Woman's Story
My Forbidden Face: Growing Up Under the Taliban: A Young Woman's Story
by Latifa
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in Kabul, November 10, 2005
I first read this book when I arrived in Afghanistan in 2002. When I went to Kabul a month later, I was astounded at how the book resonated with the battered and bombed out Kabul I saw. 9 out of 10 building were bombed out, cars rusted and overturned in the streets, filthy children begging. That was Kabul in 2002. During my 2 years in Kabul, I had the opportunity to talk to many Afghans, and hear their stories of the Taliban. While each had their own story, the truth of Latifa's tale was borne out again and again. After reading the book, I asked questions on why birds and dogs were banned, why little boys could not fly kites and the ruling against any pictures. So I was able to get more indepth answer of the whys that I didn't completely understand in the book. Today, it is much better. Many of the buildings have been repaired, schools are open for both boys and girls, and the Afghans are working incredibly hard to rebuild their country and restore their culture. And today, kites again fly over Kabul.