Profile for Jointerman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jointerman RSS Feed (Mountain View, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Hayley Cherie Square Gift Card Box with Rhinestone Slider & Ribbon. Wedding Theme, Textured White 10" X 10"
Offered by HayleyCherie
Price: $27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, July 4, 2015
The box is beautiful and easy to assemble. I used a different ribbon to decorate it for the wedding colors. I also didn't use all of the tape so that I can fold it back up for storage and re-use.

ECCO Men's Collin Nautical Oxford,Soft Black,44 EU/10-10.5 M US
ECCO Men's Collin Nautical Oxford,Soft Black,44 EU/10-10.5 M US
Price: $134.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, but packaging label does not match what is in the box., July 16, 2014
I'm giving this four stars for fit, I am a size 44/10.5 and it fits as expected. My Superfeet inserts fit just fine. I've walked about a two miles in them and they are very comfortable. The bad news: I ordered the Nautical Oxford in Black. However, I think that they shipped me the moonless even though the packaging label and manufacturers packaging says Black/Black. The laces that came with the shoes are brown and the outer soles are white and not black as the photo shows.

Better Off Ted Season 1
Better Off Ted Season 1
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough... wishing there was more!, February 11, 2014
We burned through both seasons in a week. This show sadly no longer is in production. I frequently go back and watch some of my favorite episodes. Jabberwocky being one of the best.

Knog Blinder USB Rechargeable Light EACH
Knog Blinder USB Rechargeable Light EACH
Price: $28.50
18 used & new from $26.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Strap broke in less than 6 months!, February 22, 2013
I absolutely loved this light until the rubber strap broke. - In less than six months of use!

What I liked:
- The light is extremely bright for its size.
- USB rechargeable means that I run it at will without worrying about constant battery replacement

What I am disappointed with:
- In less than six months, the rubber strap snapped apart on me.
- There is no way of replacing the strap, it's permanently fixed to the light.
- I did not even remove it to charge after each ride and it still broke, (it's charge is pretty good and will last several short rides).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2014 9:25 AM PDT

Park Tool SG-6 Threadless Saw Guide
Park Tool SG-6 Threadless Saw Guide
Offered by Bikewagon
Price: $28.99
17 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cut your own fork!, March 31, 2011
This, like all of my Park Tools, is a very high quality product. The clamp secures the fork nicely and fit both my 1 inch and 1.125 inch carbon forks.

- To use it, you first clamp the saw guide into a vice (I fortunately have a clamp built into my workbench).
- Then you slide the fork into the saw guide and clamp your fork down.
- Oiling a new hacksaw blade makes the cut smoother and keeps fewer carbon dust particles in the air
- The guide then just guides your blade through the fork. The cut is nice and even.

*The only thing that could be improved upon is to see the mark for the cut through the saw guide. This required a flashlight off to the side to illuminate my mark before final clamping.

Nikon 8220 Trailblazer 8x42 ATB Binoculars
Nikon 8220 Trailblazer 8x42 ATB Binoculars
7 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars, horrible strap, February 11, 2010
I got these binoculars for whale watching and the optics are really nice. Very bright compared to my Pentax binoculars. Because of the size, they are also easier to keep steady than my smaller Pentax binoculars.

The major issue that I have is the strap. The strap came undone and my binoculars hit the ground! Luckily they are armored and the only thing that got scuffed up was the plastic eye cover. I couldn't get the strap to stay attached to the binoculars by themselves. I eventually had to wrap scotch tape around the straps (the only tape I had access to) in order to keep the strap from sliding free of the plastic clip.

Lastly, the binoculars are olive green and not black as pictured.

Rousseau 2875 Miter Saw Stand
Rousseau 2875 Miter Saw Stand
Price: $394.52

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect small shop saw stand, April 19, 2009
I got this miter saw stand from Amazon just the other day for my Makita LS1013. Assembly went very smoothly. The trick was to set a combination square to the same height as the deck of the saw, this made it easy to adjust the depth of the saw shelf. The wings are rock solid, and easily fold to get it out of the way.

The stand comes with the left side fence and has extension stops for short and long cuts. The short miter stop works up to 48 inches and the long one out to about 7-feet. The main issue that I have with the stand is that the miter stop for cuts shorter than 18 inches is impeded by the stop for long cuts. The long miter extension has to be removed for cuts shorter than 18 inches.

Wii Frontman Wireless Guitar - White
Wii Frontman Wireless Guitar - White
Offered by SK&A Inc.
Price: $67.00
12 used & new from $25.30

2.0 out of 5 stars This Axe does not rock!, August 5, 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this axe for my wife because it had the nice pink face plate. Unfortunately it doesn't fit her quite right. But that's forgivable, the part that I find annoying is that the whammy has become very loose and dangles down! I'm trying to figure out how to fix that, but no joy yet. On the other hand, activating Star Power is easier than with the original Axe.

Forrest CM10806105 Chopmaster 10-Inch 80 Tooth ATBR Miter and Radial Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor
Price: $134.12
5 used & new from $122.43

5.0 out of 5 stars One truly amazing blade, August 23, 2007
The ultimate chopsaw blade. Even though I've been using the Forrest WW2 on my table saw for about a year, I was hesitant to spend the money on this blade. But I now have no regrets. I replaced the stock blade on my Makita LS1013 SCMS. The stock blade was great, but had seen better days. Why do I think its the ultimate blade? I've been working with my finish carpenter on trimming out my house and we both put new blades in our saws. I put on the Chopmaster and he put on a new Freud Diablo. The cuts definitely felt smoother and their appeared to be no tearout on the Chopmaster while their was a little on the Freud. I wasn't at the site one day but talked to my trim carpenter on the phone, he said he wanted to wait for me to get back so he could use my saw on some of the stain grade trim because it seemed to cut much cleaner than his Diablo. Now that's affirmation!

Biesemeyer 78-963 T-Square Anti-Kickback Snap-In Spreader for Delta Contractors Table Saw

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, March 21, 2001
I love the idea of a snap in splitter! I've been using my snap-in spreader for about two months now. The splitter is slightly wider than an 1/8th of an inch. When the kerf contacts the splitter it can get hard to push the wood through. I finally had it with this splitter when I was ripping a piece of 12/4 Cherry and it got stuck on the splitter, much like an ax in wood. I had to stop the saw and whack the wood off the splitter. I finally called Biesemeyer, they said that it should be an 1/8th inch thick, they're sending a replacement. It is definitely not for a thin kerf blade. As for my blade, its an 1/8th inch Tenryu (I wanted to be different and got this blade over a Forrest) that cuts exactly 1/8th inch kerfs. I'll follow-up when the replacement arrives

Page: 1 | 2