Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Irish Red > Reviews

Browse

Irish Red's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Irish Red "Kldirish" RSS Feed (New England)

Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $190.75

3.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ ... ACTIVE RECALL ON GOING ... DO YOUR RESEARCH, July 10, 2014
Recall involving 20, 25, 30, 40, 45, 50, 65 and 70-pint dehumidifiers with brand names Danby, De’Longhi, Fedders, Fellini, Frigidaire, GE, Gree, Kenmore, Norpole, Premiere, Seabreeze, SoleusAir and SuperClima. Check your existing model as well as confirm the brand/model and most importantly, date of manufacturer of the new one you intend to purchase.

Since I am actively researching dehumidifiers I've been reading every thing about the different brands. Longevity/durability is a primary concern since I have now fixed my LG whose longevity is limited to (1) season without repair!! (*Side note: Pls. do yourself a favor ... complete a thorough review on LG's mid/large capacity dehumidifiers, especially those sold by one of the big box stores).

I want to pass on the following recall information from the Consumer Product Safety Division (CPSD): "Gree Reannounces Dehumidifier Recall Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards; More Fires and Property Damage Reported "

About 2.5 million units in the United States and 55,000 in Canada have been recalled (This recall was first announced in September 2013, updated in October 2013 and expanded in January 2014 and May 2014). In Jan 2014 GREE added another 350,000 GE units. The brand name and the pint capacity are printed on the front of the dehumidifier. The model number and date code are printed on a sticker on the back, front or side of the unit. The dehumidifiers are white, beige, gray or black plastic and measure between 19 and 24 inches tall, 13 and 15 inches wide, and 9 and 11 inches deep.

I was surprised to learn that GREE manufactures many (most) of the name brand dehumidifiers on the market today. It you got to the CPSD web site or simply search on GREE Recall you can find all the specifics as to brands & models impacted, dates of manufacture, etc. Additionally GREE has a recall site when you can enter all your product information. It is appropriately titled: Gree Humidifier Recall (all one word)

*Be sure to double check the latest update/expansion of the recall information (May 2014) also*
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 2:48 PM PDT

30 Pt. Dehumidifier
30 Pt. Dehumidifier
4 used & new from $327.84

3.0 out of 5 stars REQUIRED READING ... DO COMPLETE RESEARCH BEFORE REPLACING OR BUYING ... ACTIVE RECALL ONGOING, July 10, 2014
This review is from: 30 Pt. Dehumidifier (Kitchen)

Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2015 8:13 PM PST

Timberland Women's Trenton Ankle Boot
Timberland Women's Trenton Ankle Boot

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Boots BUT Extremely Narrow ~ Must Return, November 22, 2013
Based on other reviews I ordered these boots 1/2 size larger AND in the wide width. They are still too narrow. Very disappointed. However, everything happens for a reason ... when looking for another boot I came across Caterpillar's line of women's boots. I have received one of the two styles ordered and they are a full cut, well made boot. Certainly comparable if not better than the Timberlines. One thing is for certain, you will not have to second guess the size you should order. After my pregnancy I've always bought size 8 1/2 to compensate for the width ~ in the CATs I am back in an 8 with plenty of adequate+ width ... enough for mid/heavy weight socks.

The Timberlines are beautiful . If your feet are narrow - you're all set. If they are normal to wide, be prepared to swap back & forth in order to find the "correct" size

Toshiba 24L4200U 24-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Black) (2012 Model)
Toshiba 24L4200U 24-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Black) (2012 Model)

3.0 out of 5 stars Jury's Still Out, July 29, 2012
Bought this TV as a gift a few weeks back. I hesitated since the reviews varied so much but after checking it out in a store locally I knew it would be perfect for her room. My Aunt was thrilled - it was her first HD TV.

I was not so happy however.

Construction: The TV bracket used to attach the stand was (pre-installed) incorrectly. It was mounted at a slight angle. It was impossible to adjust & mount the TV stand straight. TV tilts forward in the stand. The TV is quite lightweight <10 lbs.- needless to say this has a noticable effect on the audio capabilities.

Electronics:

Sound - A 'Tin Can'? To a certain extent yes BUT, depending on your application / intended location it is not bad considering the size, weight and price of this TV. It is fine for use in a small bedroom, kitchen counter, boat, RV etc. It is like a portable radio or boom box versus that stereo surround system in your living room. **Be sure to make use of all the audio adjustments available to get the best settings for the sound.**

If you are looking for true surround, deep bass etc. You'll need a larger size, higher priced TV or add a sound bar/surround system.

Picture - Really nice, bright, sharp & crisp. Again, fine for secondary applications, small rooms etc. Display is fine even in a bright, sunlit room.

My Issue ... DELAY Frustrating, annoying DELAY. When you turn it on, when you change the channel, when you change the input ... essentially if you make a change the TV has to think about it for 30>60>90 seconds. The delay is long enough that often you'll use the remote again thinking it did not recieve the signal the first time.

This one is being exchanged - we'll see how the next one does.

As I said, the jury is still out.

Will update ...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 6:52 PM PST

La Crosse Technology WS-7017U-IT Wireless Thermometer with Atomic time, Temperature, Forecast and Humidity

3.0 out of 5 stars Proceed with Caution ...., April 12, 2012
** Be Sure to Read Comment #3 below.**

1st ... This is my second La Crosse weather system. The first was the "Best present ever" according to my husband (aka scrooge) - an individual who always states he wants/needs nothing! The 1st one functioned perfectly for 3+ yrs from until its untimely death triggered by battery replacement!! (More on this later).

2nd ... I was looking to replace a wall mounted unit that could be seen/read from 8-10ft away. I'm not sure how I overlooked the true size of this model but, this is SMALL. This size is perfect for someone looking for a desk/tabletop version - it has a very small footprint. It is ridiculous if you're looking for a wall mount that can be read at distances EXCEEDING 2-3ft away.

Actual dimensions of the weather station itself are as follows:
Overall: 4" wide, 9 1/8" tall (with stand), 8 5/8 tall (without stand)
DISPLAY (Most Important): 1 1/2" Wide, 4" Tall, *The information displayed ranges from
3/8" tall (temperature/humity readings)to 5/8" tall (time & date display).

3rd ... It is CRITICAL than you completely read the manual before doing anything. There are implied warnings for the ?simple? "Install the batteries" procedure. If you are like many people, you MAY assume you can install the batteries and then, follow the steps for 'programming/setup' in the booklet. DON'T. Installing (or replacing) the batteries has to be done in a defined sequence and, within a specific time.

These units are very sensitive - too sensitive in my opinion.

La Crosse advised that our previous unit likely died because we Only replaced the batteries in the remote sensor. After a day or two, when display still had not reset we replaced the batteries in the weather station. Logical approach sure but - this can cause problems that may never be resolved. Batteries MUST be replaced in both units, at the same time, following the defined sequence and adhearing to the specified time (10 seconds). 2) Also, although not stated in the documentation, you MUST be sure to observe polarity when installing the batteries. **According to La Crosse this seemingly common error will short out the internal circuitry rendering the unit useless.**

As for the sensitivity of the WS-7017U, I assume it is the same & that the criticality of the battery sequence remains. I bought this model in Dec 2011 - its documentation indicated it was manufacturered in/about 2006. This is the same year as my other system.

Personally, the WS-7017U will be used as a secondary TABLETOP reference and I'm back to searching for one that can be seen when wall-mounted! I'll still be sure to read EVERYTHING twice before installing ANYTHING ;-)

Polder 49-Inch Tri-Leg Ironing Station, Green
Polder 49-Inch Tri-Leg Ironing Station, Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Board All Around ...... BUT!!, October 10, 2011
I'd watched and waited for this ironing board to be available on Amazon w/Prime. Finally, there it was & it arrived in just two days. (FYI, PRIME is a great program if you shop Amazon a lot!)

I looked hard for a well priced, 'multi-function', wide ironing station since I've 100s of linens to press. I chose this particular board based on the features described (18" wide, tri-leg, adjustable height, retractable board for sleeves, etc.) to INCLUDE its cover.

Luckily my board arrived without damage however I agree with other reviewers regarding packaging ~ it is not sufficient, it does not provide adequate protection during shipping at all.

As to the ironing station itself, its ok - it works and has some extras ... for about 1/3 the price of a comparable board from Reliable for example.

Here's the 'BUT' - the cover, its garbage, its equivilent to using a plain sheet!! As a temporary fix I stretched my regular cover over the board and put the 'new' polder cover over it ~ just to get some protection from the surface.

When considering this board and comparing it to others be sure to add in the cost of a separate cover.

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3 (Black)
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3 (Black)
7 used & new from $99.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Product Quality is NOT Covered by Microsoft Waranty, September 13, 2009
I also own this product - although not purchased through Amazon initially. I should consider myself fortunate that I have not had any of the issues others have written about here (dropped connections, repeating or not responsive keys, etc). Like some I just want/need a keyboard for daily routine use; I am not a gamer nor a programer. I rarely rely on the function and/or shortcut keys. I DO however use the keyboard. Within the first 90 days the letters on the most frequently used keys began to fade, by 120 days - just 4 months - some were gone completely. Its now been about 6 months and over 70% of the keys have NO visable lettering left. Now I can get by without the visuals for the most part but my husband - NOT. He can't use it at all - least not without having to correct every character he trys to write!

1st warranty call to Microsoft resulted in the following, this is not covered by warranty as it is considered "normal wear & tear" (in 3 months??). After considerable debate they agreed to make a special exception in my case & send out a replacement after I faxed in copy of receipt etc. Waited 30 days - nothing. 2nd Warranty call - don't have any record of the fax - yes the fax number was correct. Don't know why I was told it would be replaced - they don't replace under warranty for MORMAL wear & tear!! Total garbage!! The only saving grace ... I got it at significant savings, on a GREAT sale for abt. $30. Had I paid the typical retail price I would still be after Microsoft - considering the price paid it is not worth the frustration or aggravation. Its back to Logitech - at least they ALWAYS honor their warranties, AND although their keys also fade ... its normally after a few YEARS of use not MONTHS!!