Profile for Michele R > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michele R RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 year old loved them, January 14, 2014
Many of the kids at my nephew's school wanted these wristbands as well after seeing his. They are good for trading.

Nameless
Nameless
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner with big flaws, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
This was a good story - I read it all the way through during a flight and it kept me interested. However, it had some big flaws so I cannot really recommend it.
One, the book was full of grammatical and even spelling errors. Please, self-published authors, invest in a good proofreader.
Two, the villain was completely unbelievable. A child who is severely neglected and abused, never held, infrequently fed, repeatedly raped, never schooled and unable to leave his apartment until age 9 does not grow up to be vastly wealthy and the best computer hacker in the world by age 24 or something ridiculous like that. A serial killer, yes. But incredibly educated and talented, etc? Nope. Sorry.

Goddess Women's Plus-size  Keira Banded Underwire Bra
Goddess Women's Plus-size Keira Banded Underwire Bra
Price: $28.51 - $57.62

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the only bras I wear, January 19, 2013
I wear a 40K, so finding a bra that fits, lifts AND separates was next to impossible until I found this bra. The only other bra that I have purchased that fit as well cost quite a bit more and lasted only a few months before the underwire broke through and poked me in the face at a restaurant (true story!). I now own 7 of these bras and am very happy with the fit and quality. They aren't the cutest bras, but they are way better than many other full-busted bras I've seen.

Faith: A Novel
Faith: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Faith: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the characters and story of this novel and learned quite a bit about a different culture, which I always enjoy. Very well-written and compelling.

rooCASE Origami Dual-View (Magenta) Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch Tablet  - Support Landscape / Portrait / Typing Stand / Auto Sleep and Wake
rooCASE Origami Dual-View (Magenta) Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch Tablet - Support Landscape / Portrait / Typing Stand / Auto Sleep and Wake

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, January 14, 2013
I was reasonably happy with this case. I gave it 4 stars because the holes for the charging cable didn't quite line up and I can't really charge my Kindle with the case closed without pushing back some of the materials. It is attractive and the on/off feature works well.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars worked great, January 2, 2013
My husband used this on two moles on his face. The largest, flatter mole is completely gone- this was a mole he had for at least 30 years. The second, smaller and more rounded mole is partially gone. He's going to try removing the second mole again. He realized that he didn't apply the product as well to that one, so he will need to repeat the process. But, we are pretty confident that the second one will be completely gone after the second application. Sure beats spending a lot of money with the dermatologist.

Update 1/14/13: After the success my husband had with his two facial moles, I tried this on a mole on my face, and it's already gone. There's just a small scab that's healing up nicely. This stuff really does work.

AmLactin 12 % Moisturizing Lotion - 567 g / 20 oz
AmLactin 12 % Moisturizing Lotion - 567 g / 20 oz
Offered by Stellar Depot
Price: $22.29
49 used & new from $18.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this product, December 27, 2012
AmLactin is the very best moisturizer I have ever used. My hands, elbows, feet and arms are wonderfully soft and hydrated. And, although this is a body lotion, I started using it on my face about 6 weeks ago. I'm 43 and have had cystic acne for the last 15 years- usually on my neck and lower half of my face. I usually have 2-3 large blemishes on my face at any one time. Since I started using this on my face, all of my blemishes have cleared up and right now I have no blemishes at all! I can't remember the last time I had a totally clear face. I know it could be coincidence and tomorrow I could wake up with a major breakout, but so far, I'm very happy with the results. I think that, for me, AmLactin provides the right amount of cell turnover to keep those blemishes from forming. If you decide to try this on your face, test it in a small area first to make sure that your skin can take it. It's pretty strong stuff. I'll report back in a few months with an update.

Powerful Hunger
Powerful Hunger
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that tells the truth about weight loss, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Powerful Hunger (Kindle Edition)
Finally, a book about weight loss written by someone who has lost a significant amount of weight (170 pounds!), and even more amazing, has kept it off for years. I felt like the author could see right into my head a lot of the time! She offers excellent insight into why so many of us are obese (and it's probably not some deep dark trauma for most of us) as well as practical ways to change our habits to produce lasting weight loss. If you're looking for a "eat ONLY this food and you'll lose all the weight you want" book, then this isn't for you. However, if you're looking for a way to change your mindset and change your life, then give this one a read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2013 10:12 PM PST

The Art and Craft of Coffee: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Roasting, and Brewing Exquisite Coffee
by Kevin Sinnott
Price: $16.98
77 used & new from $11.72

5.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining Look at Coffee and Coffee Brewing, November 25, 2010
The Art and Craft of Coffee is not only informative, it's also entertaining and beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and discovering how much I did not know about coffee brewing. Kevin's writing style is enjoyable without being too basic. If you are at all interested in learning more about brewing the best coffee possible, then you should get this book. It would also make a great gift for a coffee enthusiast.