Profile for C. Raedeke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Raedeke "Christy Raedeke" RSS Feed (Oregon)

New Zapata
New Zapata
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good book from Teri Hall, March 18, 2013
This review is from: New Zapata (Kindle Edition)
This was a fascinating book. The rich world Teri Hall creates is just close enough to today's to make the plot seem eerily believable. The writing is strong and beautiful and the story is so compelling you'll want to finish the book in one sitting. Without an ounce of didacticism, Hall shows us what life may be like if we aren't watchful of the freedoms many of us take for granted. Great read!

The Red Circle: My Life in the Navy SEAL Sniper Corps and How I Trained America's Deadliest Marksmen
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, April 11, 2012
The Red Circle is a fascinating peek behind the scenes of what really goes on in SEAL training and then how that training plays out in combat. The back story of Brandon's unusual childhood revealed what compelled him to make the choices he did and kept the book personal and fresh. Highly recommended!

HELPER12
HELPER12
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this one..., June 4, 2011
This review is from: HELPER12 (Kindle Edition)
Wow - great dystopian adventure! The society in Helper12 seems frighteningly imaginable and the world-building is great; I had no trouble picturing what the place Helper12 is from was like. The novel is a page-turner, and totally held my interest. There were great bits of sizzle between the couple (if you know what I mean) and I really loved their relationship.

I'd read a short story by Blaine that I'd really enjoyed, so I was anxious to read his novel. Loved it and am looking forward to the next one!

Sunday Brunch al Fresco
Sunday Brunch al Fresco

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, May 10, 2011
I bought this on impulse because I loved the cover and was happily surprised the story was great! This dark yet humorous piece is insightful and very well written.

The Freak Observer
The Freak Observer
by Blythe Woolston
Price: $13.13
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, September 5, 2010
This review is from: The Freak Observer (Hardcover)
Unable to put this novel down, I finished it in one long bite. It is phenomenal. Smart, sad, honest, gritty, and beautiful. I loved Woolston's odd yet apt connections and the way she refused to dumb anything down.

It's difficult to believe that this is Woolston's first book - I hope she has many more in her. This is a piece of writing I won't soon forget.

The Line
The Line
by Teri Hall
Price: $13.23
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, March 24, 2010
This review is from: The Line (Hardcover)
It's no wonder that The Line is getting great reviews from the publishing world! This fascinating and chilling look at a not-so-distant future is rife with layered characters, plot twists, and tension. Hall writes with such skill it's difficult to believe this is her first book. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, and hoping there's a third...

A must read.

The Book of Destiny: Unlocking the Secrets of the Ancient Mayans and the Prophecy of 2012
by Carlos Barrios
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, July 29, 2009
The only book I've found on Mayan calendrics/prophecies from a Mayan shaman and member of the Mayan Elders Council. Has an excellent, detailed section on each of the 20 Cholq'ij day signs. My favorite book on the subject!