Profile for ol'coot > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ol'coot RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
DR Trimmer Mower 6.25 Premier
DR Trimmer Mower 6.25 Premier

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor customer service, September 23, 2014
This review is from: DR Trimmer Mower 6.25 Premier
I purchased this mower trimmer several years ago and got a bad taste for the company right off the bat. It The string head was put together wrong and missing some parts. Okay, things happen and I understand that but when I called to get it corrected the person who answered the phone was on the edge of obnoxious. I hung up and wrote a letter to the company who apologized and sent the missing parts. The machine itself works quite well, though it can be a pain changing the string. Well, they came out with an upgrade this summer and I bought the new style string head. Problem is that I can't figure out how to get the old head off. There is apparantly a defect because there is no way to lock the shaft so the head can be screwed off. So I went on line with live chat with technical service and all they would tell me was read the manual, which I'd done several times but when I tried to explain that there is not any hole to insert the locking tool in to all he would say is "I guess I can't help you." Soooo, I'm still using the old head and the new one ($74 with S&H) is sitting on my shelf. Maybe this winter I'll figure out a way to get it apart ... with and axe if nothing else.

Other than that the only trouble I've had is that the device which holds the axle in place for edge vs. center trimming does not stay in position very well. The engine runs great and it handles reasonably well. I could probably give it four stars if customer service as acceptable.

Edsal UR185L-BLK Black Steel Heavy Duty 5-Shelf Shelving Unit, 4000lbs Capacity, 36" Width x 72" Height x 18" Depth
Price: $64.95
9 used & new from $38.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Medium Duty maybe, but NOT heavy duty., December 9, 2013
These shelves are not Heavy Duty in my opinion. The horizontal braces which support the shelves might be close to heavy duty but the vertical posts are certainly not and the shelves are only thin partical board which I suspect I will have to replace with thicker plywood. I did seal them with a water protecting finish as someone else suggested and we'll give them a try. The method of joining the top section posts to the bottom scared me so I welded them together before assembly and that was a big help.

Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Price: $20.36
59 used & new from $8.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes great gift., December 6, 2013
Never used it myself ... just used it as a gift and they liked it, so I like it (smile).

Windows 7: The Missing Manual
Windows 7: The Missing Manual
by David Pogue
Price: $26.78
77 used & new from $12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Average., December 6, 2013
Worth having but can't always find what I need. Like most of these kind of manuals they don't put enough effort in to building the index. If you want to study the whole book from start to finish probably okay, but I just want to use it as a reference when I need help on a particular item and that requires a GOOD index.

Canon 2168B002 CanoScan 8800F Color Image Scanner
Canon 2168B002 CanoScan 8800F Color Image Scanner
Offered by Eonline
Price: $519.00
4 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flatbed Scanner, December 6, 2013
Best color scanner I've ever seen for home use. Colored print scanning is outstanding. Scanning slides and negatives is a bit tedious and slow, but good quality and fast/simple enough that I haven't used my professional Nikon LS-2000 since I got this Canon 8800.

Rabbit-Proof Fence
Rabbit-Proof Fence
DVD ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by cds_dvds_guaranteed
Price: $9.76
10 used & new from $5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Very amazing what they did ... and it's a true story., December 6, 2013
This review is from: Rabbit-Proof Fence (DVD)
Having been to Australia many times this was particularly interesting. Not sure why I didn't give it five stars, amybe because it seemed longer than it need to be ??

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom - Black
Price: $447.99
57 used & new from $321.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect "All-in-One" camera, December 6, 2013
Will do almost everything a SLR will do without having to carry a whole bundle of gear. Also video is better than most small personal camcorders.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 4:41 AM PST

Run for Your Life
Run for Your Life
by Marilyn Levy
82 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This may be fiction but is very close to real life., December 6, 2013
This review is from: Run for Your Life (Paperback)
Excellent picture of how a dedicated coach can make such a difference in lives. Track imay be the best sport there is in this area because anyone can participate. I know of a high school track team that the coach gave a top award to a girl who never one a single event, in fact was ususally close to last, but here attitude inspired the whole team.

The Long Way Home
The Long Way Home
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, November 2, 2013
This review is from: The Long Way Home (Kindle Edition)
Well written ... somewhat in the style of "Airport" and "Hotel" with parrallel activities being woven back and forth. Interesting the way several peoples' lives are brought together.

Mao's Last Dancer, Young Readers' Edition
Mao's Last Dancer, Young Readers' Edition
Price: $4.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story plus great insight in to how our attitudes can be shaped in opposition to truth., November 2, 2013
Wonder how much of the world really understands the way societies are controlled. Governments and the news media have far more impact than we think even in our own country. Facts and truth get terribly distorted.

Page: 1 | 2