Profile for A. Pinner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Pinner RSS Feed (Southeast USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Lucky Brand Women's Easy Rider Bootcut Jean In Sugarbush,Sugarbush,33x34
Lucky Brand Women's Easy Rider Bootcut Jean In Sugarbush,Sugarbush,33x34
Price: $79.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Move along.... Then there's more for me to buy., February 27, 2015
Super pleased with these. Already bought another pair and keep checking back when my size us in stock. I'm 6' tall with long legs and thick thighs. These fit great.

Marquis by Waterford Vintage Jewels Aromatic Wine Glass, Set of 4
Marquis by Waterford Vintage Jewels Aromatic Wine Glass, Set of 4
Offered by Yves Decor
Price: $34.40
18 used & new from $29.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Big, bright, heavy, fun, January 5, 2015
Arrived fine, exactly as advertised. I knew they were large, but didn't realize the capacity was so huge! You can almost put an entire bottle of wine in one glass. Of course doing so would defeat the purpose of the shape, but keep the large size in mind. The colors are loud... A little too loud, but they are fun. A Heavy wine glass.... Especially with some wine ... But Enjoying these.

Lychee® Solar Christmas String Solar Fairy String Lights for Outdoor Room Garden Home Christmas Party Decoration Waterproof (White, 52m 500Leds)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought 6; one broke, but easily fixable with electrical tape., December 13, 2014
I bought 2 white, 2 multi and 2 blue of this long 500 led length.
Of those, there was one that appeared to have been previously returned... because it didn't have the green twisty-ties that the others had, and because it was haphazardly rolled into a knotted mess of a ball and shoved into a box with a broken seal. Nonetheless, eager to get my Grizwald on, I began untangling the mess... which took much longer than the other boxes of lights. During the process, part of the strand stopping working... but upon inspection, I realized that one of the wires had broken. So, I spliced the broken wires together by stripping, twisting the copper wires and taping with electrical tape. Good as new (so far).
I suspect this could easily happen if you were to put the lights up on branches too tightly... and if there was any kind of wind/storm, a strand could break... creating an area that was no longer lit....like a lot of the reviews I have read.
Right now, they light up around 5pm and keep going past 3am. I am in the southeast US with our typical amount of cloudy/sunny days for november/december months. I don't have perfect full sun, but most of the leaves have fallen off the trees, so I have a decent amount of sunlight. I've had them about a week.
The other boxes of lights were fine... came apart somewhat easily and held neatly together with green twisty ties.
If you get one that suddenly has an area that stops working...I would investigate it and it may be easily fixable.... like I mentioned above.
I ONLY have solar lights in my yard...and have LOTS of different types. These are pretty good so far in comparison to others. I will definitely update if they poop out suddenly.
All the best and happy holidays!

Grasslands Road Angel Figurine - Bless This Home 468972
Grasslands Road Angel Figurine - Bless This Home 468972
Offered by Louie's Gift Shop
Price: $11.85
3 used & new from $11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, December 12, 2014
Adorable! Halo was a bit crooked....but whose isn't?

Amish Buggy Pie Filling, Blackberry, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Amish Buggy Pie Filling, Blackberry, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $85.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of fried pies..., December 12, 2014
Not my favorite pie filling, but others have enjoyed it. It has a really gooey/sticky consistency... reminds me of fried pies. No worry here about a 'wet' pie... you will actually be able to cut it with a knife. Super easy to cook up... went amazingly well with ice cream.

INST Solar Powered LED String Light, Ambiance Lighting, 65ft 20m 200 LED Solar Fairy String Lights for Outdoor, Gardens, Homes, Christmas Party (White)
Offered by INST
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $15.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Not replaceable AA... but still going strong after a week, December 5, 2014
Just got these (bought two) ... Was super excited about adding them to my growing collection of solar lights. I received them today and I can already tell you this...
Part of my reason for choosing this one brand/model was for it's AA rechargeable battery... But in my error I thought they inherently would be replaceable ... And therefore I could replace the stock AA rechargeable with a better battery of my choice. I was wrong.
The stock AA is not only hot-glued into place behind a 6 itty-bitty-micro screw-ed panel...
But it appears that one of the leads is glued/ sautered to the stock battery,.. Basically making it irreplaceable ... Which was my goal from the start.
I put them in full sun...we shall see How the stock batteries hold up... I promise I will report if these are total failure... But if they are mediocre I may find another light set and adjust my stars accordiingly.

UPDATE... These have survived soaking rains and cloudy days, but are still going strong and just as bright as a set that I am able to manually recharge with a replaceable AA battery... I'm impressed so far. I have several brands of solar LED lights; these are holding up well after a week of rain, cloudy/sunny days, and temps below freezing. I am only giving 4/5 stars because I would like to replace the battery, but cannot.

Vogmask Green Lines Organic Cotton Filtering / Adult Size 13+ Years
Vogmask Green Lines Organic Cotton Filtering / Adult Size 13+ Years
Offered by vogmask
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Shrunk more than the microfiber version, April 25, 2014
I bought this for pollen/dust purposes and have previously used the "Microfiber High Filtration" blue flowered version that was not organic cotton. Eager to try the organic version, I happily ordered this mask since the other one has been so great. However, I washed it before wearing it, and it shrunk so much that it now fits tightly across my face and ...painfully folding my ears outward...not molding to my face nor creating a seal to filter air. I am a 6' tall female. I am truly disappointed since I would prefer to breathe through organic cotton, but it shrunk. I machine washed on cold with a mild detergent and hung dry. Bummer. I would purchase the other version unless you have a small/petite face. Healthy breathing to you all...

Pet Odor Eliminator & Pet Urine Cleaner: Professional Strength Enzyme Cleaner - More Powerful Than Natures Miracle Urine Destroyer - Best Odor Eliminator - Cat Urine Odor Remover and Dog Urine Remover- Pet Stain Remover - Best Urine Neutralizer Pets Supplies - Carpet Cleaner Pet Urine Smell Remover - Home and Automotive Upholstery Cleaner - Urine Gone Permanently - Eliminate Dogs & Cats Odor - GUARANTEED to Get Urine Off and Leave Zero Odor and Stink Free - Great Pet Deodorizer to Remove Odors Out of Small Animal Cages - Various Sizes (32 oz)
Offered by Rocco & Roxie Supply Co.
Price: $29.99
5 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunned! I've tried it all, spent tons of money and this is my new go-to!, October 5, 2013
UPDATE: Dec 20, 2014... my beloved cat, in her effort to tell me how much she wanted to go outside right that MOMENT, spilled a glass of RED WINE on beige carpet around 3AM. I didn't realize this until waking, and found that it was soaked into the carpet...and some had started to dry. Of course, company is coming... classic panic moment... sounds so cliche but this is the truth (it IS the Saturday before Christmas)... soaked it with Rocco and *poof!* now I am only left with a wet, clean-smelling spot to let dry while I wait for my friends to arrive. This stuff CONTINUES to amaze me. I am so glad they have it in gallon size...I LOVE IT.

I have tried everything on old and new pet stains... ranging from previous renters leaving their dogs inside to witnessing my elderly epileptic not hold her bladder.

I have tried enzymatic cleaners (Nature's miracle/Simple Solution/OUT/Bio-Kleen)... industrial cleaners (Odoban)... the originals (Resolve)... and while I do have my favorites among those, none really worked so fully and so safely as Rocco. I am absolutely stunned. This stuff couldn't work better for my needs.

There was a mystery stain that showed up in an extra bedroom that looked so questionable I didn't even want to stick my nose in it... (I have 3 adult dogs, 1 puppy and 1 cat). I sprayed some Rocco on the spot, left it and forgot about it. The next morning I went in and it was COMPLETELY gone.
I have sprayed it on dried vomit stain... gone. I have sprayed it on old, dried urine...fresh. It is amazing!

The instructions say to dilute the spot with water and blot up repeatedly... I understand this will allow you to use less Rocco and facilitate Rocco to get deeper into the carpet via the dampness. However, I am lazy and short of time... so I like simply spraying it on the spot... it takes more to do it my way, but it works all the same. It is almost too good to be true.

It does flare up my asthma WHILE I spray it, but only because I am kneeling over the area and spraying a lot of volume. If I spray less or simply walk away for a few minutes it is fine. No need for hours of ventilation like Odoban or other stronger products....literally just a few minutes.

AMAZON! Please add this to your SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE!!! PLEASE!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 8:10 PM PST

Charmin Ultra Soft, Mega Rolls, 6 Count Packs (Pack of 3) 18 Total Rolls
Charmin Ultra Soft, Mega Rolls, 6 Count Packs (Pack of 3) 18 Total Rolls
Offered by ICEMANS THUNDER
Price: $38.95
12 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Same toilet paper/less ink on plastic wrap = cheaper., June 16, 2013
I took a risk despite what others had said about generic printing on the plastic wrap around the toilet tissue...implying it wasn't the same product.. and I am glad I did.

This is the same tissue as you would buy at the store, without the same amount of ink on the plastic. It is still charmin ultra soft, it is Mega-sized....just sold cheaper because they didn't use a ton of ink and design on the plastic wrap.

So, not only do I get my favorite charmin, I can recycle the cardboard box it came in and know that they used less toxic ink in the process.

Happy.

Odoban Odor Eliminator and Disinfectant Concentrate - Lavender
Odoban Odor Eliminator and Disinfectant Concentrate - Lavender
Offered by UNPLUGGED
Price: $10.31
9 used & new from $8.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells better than 'orginal scent'...safer, but not as powerful for extreme cases, May 18, 2013
I also wrote a review for the original scent of OdoBan...
OdoBan 911062-G4 Eliminator and Disinfectant Concentrate, One Gallon
But this review is for the lavender scent. Please read my other review regarding the strength of concentrated OdoBan on old, heavily saturated, dried urine in carpet.

First: The lavender doesn't smell anything like lavender. It has a clean, powdery scent that doesn't remotely smell like a flower, much less lavender.

****UPDATED REVIEW**** Urine smell came back after a week on OLD, DRIED URINE, but works on FRESH accidents!

Second: It does not work as well as the original eucalyptus formula for the extreme cases...but in my opinion I much prefer the lavender smell; it may work for your purposes. The original eucalyptus does have a industrial smell to it, reminds me of high-end rest-stops or other uber-clean public bathrooms. The eucalyptus smell is almost intolerable unless I air out the house fully until it dries; however, consider also I am very sensitive to chemical/synthetic smells. Like the original, this lavender scent is also VERY STRONG but doesn't have the same industrial smell as the original. I did air out my room after use, just as I did with the original. I recommend that fully.

Third: I am giving it three stars instead of five because it is a harsh chemical and not natural...and because it did not work as well as original; I much rather use natural cleaners around my pets (and me) and only opted for odoban since it was an extreme case. I use these with caution.
***I did compare the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) of the lavender to the original eucalyptus formula... the lavender has significantly lower health hazards than the original.

Before purchase, I read that another reviewer stated the smell changed to a toilet cleaner/alcohol scent after a day... I will say that AFTER the area was fully dry and fluffy, it left behind a clean powdery scent. While it was drying (it took a few days) it had a chemical smell, but later just a clean scent.

I cannot emphasize enough the frustration I had before finding OdoBan. My other review goes in to more detail about things I tried before trying OdoBan... but in the end it saved me from cutting out that section of carpet/pad.

***Another update****... My senior dog had a FRESH accident (urine) which I used this product on before the original scent, even though I knew it wasn't as strong. I blotted up as much urine as possible, then soaked the area with this Odoban. I did NOT blot up the excess Odoban...I simply allowed it to air dry. It worked perfectly! No urine smell...and smells fresh and clean.
THANK YOU, ODOBAN!