Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Girl on the Train: A Novel
The Girl on the Train: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A tedious read, February 25, 2015
The first hundred pages were somewhat compelling. But as I read further, the book became tedious and repetitive. The ending strains credulity. Hawkins wants the reader to believe that the ex-husband suddenly morphed into a psychopath. Really?

The Life We Bury
The Life We Bury
Price: $7.57

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome story!, November 30, 2014
This review is from: The Life We Bury (Kindle Edition)
I was desperate for a book when I accidentally came across this novel on Amazon. And, I was somewhat reluctant to pay such a high Kindle price for an unknown author. But this book was well-written, had compelling characters, and a tightly woven plot. These characters will stay with me. A very worthwhile read!

Voices In Summer
Voices In Summer
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Read, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Voices In Summer (Kindle Edition)
This book is classic Rosamunde Pilcher--great settings, nice writing. But I am disappointed to say that it was overly predictable and formulaic. It had none of the heart the her books usually do. If you want to read an awesome Pilcher novel, read Winter Solstice and you will see what I mean.

The Rope: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 17)
The Rope: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 17)
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, August 1, 2014
I have enjoyed reading Nevada Barr over the years; however, The Rope was too violent for my tastes.

Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes
Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version Difficult to Use, April 30, 2014
I'm reviewing only the KIndle version. I found the ebook version very impractical for daily use. I would have loved to be able to make copies of his daily meal and snack lists so that I could quickly reference them when I was out. As a result, I found that I was downloading lists from the internet. I wish I had purchased a hard copy of the book. Also, I thought that he was somewhat vague in his recommendations for daily meals, especially in regard to serving sizes.

A Conflict of Interest
A Conflict of Interest
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars APTLY NAMED, February 12, 2014
Mitzner's debut novel is a page turner. His characters are believable and well-developed, and he even throws in a few surprises. I especially liked his explanations regarding Federal indictments and securities fraud.

The Bookman's Wake (Cliff Janeway Novels Book 2)
The Bookman's Wake (Cliff Janeway Novels Book 2)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Kindle Edition, December 27, 2013
Having read several of the Janeway novels, I was excited to find Bookman's Wake on Kindle for $1.99. But I was disappointed reading the book on my Kindle. The formatting is terrible with long, long paragraphs which may work for the print version but is tedious for the e-book format. Additionally, there were many errors in punctuation and spacing which I believe are a result of poor e-book formatting. If you are going to read this book, I suggest that you avoid the Kindle version.

THIRD TIME CHARM: A Year of Sobriety
THIRD TIME CHARM: A Year of Sobriety
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Authentic and Compelling Voice, September 4, 2013
Written in plain style, the author immediately connects with the reader in telling the story of his search for sobriety. Self-reflection is difficult at best when it is done in private, but it takes strength of character to write so honestly about God, grace, failure and determination. The author's personal account is humble and inspirational. This is not a shocking, tell-all confession; instead, it is brief look into one's man's secret life of quiet desperation, and the flash of grace that literally turns his life around.

The Bookman's Tale
The Bookman's Tale

3.0 out of 5 stars SHIFTS IN TIME DISTRACTING, August 23, 2013
I enjoyed Lovett's writing style; however, he told his story between 4 different time periods. Just as I was becoming vested in one story, he bounced to another story. I found this distracting and wondered how much more compelling his story would have been had he used fewer jumps in time and told his story in a more linear fashion. For instance, he could have told the story of Amanda chronologically and interspersed that with historical chapters.

That said, I would read another Lovett book.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
The Elegance of the Hedgehog
by Muriel Barbery
Price: $10.16
1282 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars MY HAIKU, March 7, 2013
I appreciate the craft of the novel, but had this not been a selection for my book club, I would have promptly donated the book to my coffee shop's free book bin. After reading a number of reviews, I find that I am not alone in my appraisal. Hence, my haiku:

Eloquent Nausea