Profile for TechShopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TechShopper RSS Feed (New York)

Chippewa Men's 20077 10" Rodeo Boot,Tan,10.5 D US
Chippewa Men's 20077 10" Rodeo Boot,Tan,10.5 D US
Price: $175.95
7 used & new from $175.95

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, but odd fit, October 3, 2014
I usually wear 11.5 D in dress shoes and have a "medium" instep (not high, not low; maybe a tiny bit on the lower side). In these boots, the 10.5 D fit best, but still not right. Amazon had a great deal on these and they are made in USA, so I really wanted this to work out. Unfortunately, it didn't.

Good: The heel is low and the sole is made of some soft rubbery material. So these felt really comfortable. The leather appeared to be of high quality as well.

Bad: For a not-so-cheap made in USA handcrafted boot, quality control was disappointing. The right boot had some obvious stitching defect in a critical area where the shaft attaches to the foot part. (The usually parallel double stitching almost crossed in one place and the threads seemed a bit loose there.)

Unfortunate: The 10.5 D had the perfect length, but the toe box was too narrow. On the other hand, the instep was a little too high, making the boots feel loose when walking. (Even with thicker socks, which were challenging due to toe space, the instep fit still was not snug enough.) The 11 D was better in the toe area, but far too loose for walking. I did not try wide sizes because the instep was already too high in the standard width.

Too bad, but the narrow toe box combined with a high instep just did not work for me at all.

Dr. Martens Men's Idris Boot,Dark Brown Burnished Wyoming,11 UK/12 M US
Dr. Martens Men's Idris Boot,Dark Brown Burnished Wyoming,11 UK/12 M US
Offered by Medinat

3.0 out of 5 stars Look nice, but did not fit, October 3, 2014
These boots look really nice, are comfortable, and the price on Amazon was unbeatable. Unfortunately they did not fit. The instep is very high and the toe box is a bit narrow. So the smaller size was too short and squeezed my toes. The next larger size was very loose. These might work well for you if you have high instep and not too wide a foot.

Weber 758001
Weber 758001

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, looks great, September 19, 2007
This review is from: Weber 758001 (Lawn & Patio)
After having owned several cheap charcoal grills, I decided to try this Weber grill. And it was definitely worth it. This Weber is much better designed and simply works much better. Air can easily reach the coal, ashes are falling all the way down into the bucket, so that the coal keeps burning nicely. I am glad I bought it, and it even looks great with its dark blue enamel finish.

Weber 87886 Chimney Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Weber 87886 Chimney Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, September 19, 2007
I was skeptical that it would work as advertized, but the low price and the great reviews convinced me to give it a try. And I am glad I got this chimney starter. It is amazing. You just put 2 newpaper pages on the bottom, add charcoal on top, light the paper --- and wait for a few minutes until the coal is ready. No dangerous starter fluid, no self-igniting charcoal necessary. Now I just have to get rid of those bottles of starter fluid...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, August 13, 2007
I am using this in my LG Chocolate phone. It works great for storing photos and copying them from phone to PC without needing any other software, cables etc. All you need is take the card out of the phone, insert it into a standard SD card reader for your PC, and then copy the picture files from the card to any directory on your PC. It works both ways (phone->PC, PC->phone). I assume one could transfer music this way as well, but haven't tried it yet.

Toshiba MEV30K Gigabeat V 30 GB Portable Media Player
Toshiba MEV30K Gigabeat V 30 GB Portable Media Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement for CD player, August 13, 2007
I bought this player to have all songs from my CDs readily available without the hassle of changing CDs. I essentially use it like a more flexible CD changer on my stereo system. This player is perfect for this kind of non-portable use for several reasons:
- It is cheap and has a 30GB hard disk (holds all my CDs in high quality)
- It comes with a power adapter and does not need to be charged through USB/computer
- It has a big screen for easy readability and is heavy enough to not fall off the shelf easily

The only thing I did not like about this player is that Windows Media Player, the software recommended/required for synching music with a computer, is somewhat unintuitive. But it is getting better...

If you are looking for a small portable music player, this Gigabeat is not for you. I would also not consider it to be a great video player because of the small screen.

Swiss+Tech BGCSBK BodyGard Emergency Hammer with LED Flashlight and Seat Belt Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a good tool, August 13, 2007
Haven't had an emergency yet where I needed this tool, but it appears functional and of good quality.