Profile for LRM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LRM "LRM" RSS Feed (Ferndale, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Headstrong Ward
The Headstrong Ward
by Jane Ashford
Price: $6.99
68 used & new from $1.52

1.0 out of 5 stars No Romance, October 21, 2014
This is a romance book without any romance. There are 2 kisses in the final pages of the book, and no emotional involvement or attraction between the heroine and the hero. This is a very bland story about the young ward of a family that has sent her away to school and finally makes an effort to bring her out in society, and would be suitable for a very young teen. It is a rehash of stories that have been done again and again, there is nothing new or original and nothing of interest to hold the reader. I ended up skimming the book, but even that did not help. If you must read this book, save your money and get it from the library.

BELLA Linea Collection 2-Slice Toaster, Red
BELLA Linea Collection 2-Slice Toaster, Red
Offered by ToySeven7
Price: $37.77
17 used & new from $37.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Garbage, October 17, 2014
What a piece of garbage! This is your typical Chinese product. Mine lasted 2 months, now it no longer works. I cannot recommend anyone buying this product.

Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale)
Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale)
Price: $6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer sleepless in Seattle, September 24, 2014
Where to begin? I lasted about 10 pages before I started skipping, after a while even that did not help. This would be a great book for anyone who has trouble sleeping. When I read a romance book, it's purely for escape. I want to be able to get lost in the book and have some sort of emotional response to and interest in the characters. A great romance book is one that keeps me reading through the night. That did not happen here, the book is not badly written, but it is incredibly slow and boring, for me a total waste of time. Luckily, I got it a the library, so I did not waste my money. This was my first book by this author and I will not try another.

The Escape (Survivor's Club)
The Escape (Survivor's Club)
by Mary Balogh
185 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to finish, terrible book, August 30, 2014
This is the last book by Mary Balogh that I will read. I used to be a fan of this author and would automatically buy any new book, but no more. This latest series is terrible, the books are boring beyond belief, slight stories (material at best for 70 pages) stretched out to over 300, repetitious to the point of stupefaction. There is little action or plot, just the characters' thought processes repeated again and again. These are not romance novels because there is no romance. Luckily I got this book from the library and even with skimming and skipping, was unable to finish it. For the life of me, I can't understand all of the 5 and 4 star reviews.

The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith)
The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith)
by Julia Quinn
273 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money, November 3, 2013
Quite possible one of the worst books I have come across in a long while - and this from an author I used to love. While I have never been a fan of her Smith-Smythe books this one is just awful. Too boring for words, I could not bring myself to finish it. Cardbook characters and a stupid premise. This is the last Quinn book I plan to read.

The Jasmine Veil
The Jasmine Veil
by Gimone Hall
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly enjoyable read, August 11, 2012
I purchased this book based on the review of another reader and I am very glad that I did. It has everything a romance novel should, a great story, engaging, three-dimensional characters and, of course, romance. This is an older book and very well written. Compared to many of the newer books who rely mostly on graphic sexual scenes to sell, this was a real pleasure to read. I can highly recommend it.

Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love)
Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love)
by Sally MacKenzie
90 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Deadly dull, August 10, 2012
I won't go into the details of the story, that has been done many times over in these reviews. The problem with this book is that it is dull, dull, dull. I started skimming afer about 20 pages, but even then the story was just too boring. The hero was a witless idiot and the heroine not far behind. First of all, it is hard to believe that a wealthy, handsome 23 year old widower would go without any sex or any relationship for 4 years. The heroine was totally brainless, it should be obvious that you don't attract male attention wearing dowdy and ugly clothing. This book was so frustating, I wanted to throw it against the wall. Thank heaven, it came from the library, so I did not waste any money on this drivel. This was my first and will absolutely be my last book by this author.

The Warrior (Zebra Debut)
The Warrior (Zebra Debut)
by Heather Grothaus
84 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the romance?, July 1, 2012
This is another of those books that I could not finish. Incredibly stupid plot and poorly devloped characters. If you are reading romance novels for romance (which would be the logical idea), you will not find it in this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2012 8:06 PM PDT

A Scandalous Countess: A Novel of the Malloren World
A Scandalous Countess: A Novel of the Malloren World
by Jo Beverley
150 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars tedious in the extreme, March 24, 2012
I sometimes wonder if I am reading the same book as the other reviewers. I could not make it past page 50 of this drivel. Usually, if I don't really like a book I will get through it by skipping pages, but this was too much of an effort in this case. The author took a very slight story that should have been told in under 100 pages and expanded it to 410. I could not warm up to the characters and there was no romance to speak of. A huge disappointment, luckily I got this book from the library so at least I did not waste my money, just my time.

When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales)
When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales)
by Eloisa James
Price: $7.19
199 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, February 22, 2012
I really loved this book. It is not often that I can find a romance from a literate writer where the dialogue is witty and intelligent, the premise is interesting, and the characters are so appealing. Definitely a keeper, I'm planning to read it more than once.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3