Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "E.W." RSS Feed (MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Chella Heated Eyelash Curler
Chella Heated Eyelash Curler
Price: $20.00
5 used & new from $19.80

5.0 out of 5 stars This works extremely well!!, May 30, 2013
I use this with clear eye mascara for a simple look on days a little more effort is needed -- looks like I've done nothing -- yet I look brighter-eyed (well, I think I do!). I think someone who wears dark mascara (it's not my thing) would look incredible with this -- it really opens your eyes and it's very simple to use. No directions reading necessary. I don't read directions! I didn't need to.

To boot -- it uses a simple AAA battery you have at home and the first one comes right in the box so no running around your house.

Happy Tot Green Beans Peas , Pear , 4.22 Ounce
Happy Tot Green Beans Peas , Pear , 4.22 Ounce
Price: $1.49
7 used & new from $0.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the ingredients on the back -- so DECEPTIVE, May 30, 2013
Green Bean, Pea, Pear... ??? yet this is actually mainly pear, if you read the order of ingredients on the back (or even taste this - there is absolutely no veg taste at all!!!!) It is no wonder babies love this stuff. I also love how this company promotes the ancient protein-rich seed in here -- well, there are 0g of protein in here (read the label, I say again!), so really can't be too much of it in here! Better off getting pears and pure veg from something else and mixing on your own so you actually get some veggies in your little one, or at least know how much!

Epica Precision Pro Digital Body Fat Scale 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars A good scale and a reasonable price, May 30, 2013
A good scale, hard to read the directions to get it to do more than just weight. Arrived well-packaged. Consistent readings daily. A little pricey, but I think worth it overall.

Rules of Civility: A Novel
Rules of Civility: A Novel
by Amor Towles
Price: $10.83
621 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Buy It! A 30's Love Story w/Strong Characters, Development, Great NY History, May 30, 2013
If you love Hopper, Hemingway, Gatsby, Fitzgerald in general, Jazz, Madmen a decade prior -- say pick two of those -- then combine this with strong female characters, excellent historical narrative, and a plot that surprises without bring contrived, this book is for you. Put on, say, Porgy and Bess, clear your schedule, and enjoy. Just buy it. Don't think too hard.

Baby's Only Organic Dairy with DHA & ARA Formula, 12.7 Ounce
Baby's Only Organic Dairy with DHA & ARA Formula, 12.7 Ounce
Price: $12.25
17 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best and Only and The Secret to Mixing It!, May 25, 2013
If you do a little research, you realize that DHA is key to brain development. You're already there, I know. you take fish oil or at least want your baby to have the benefit of all of those good fatty acids, yes?

Well so did I.

I fed my little one for 6 months Earths Best (the best, right?) Organic (nothing but the best) DHA fortified (see above) formula. Then I learned this. Every one of the formulas out there, organic and non organic, that is adding DHA to the formula, is using DHA sourced grown algae that is fed GMO soy. Soy. GMO. Are you freaked out yet? Grown in some creepy place -- sewer infested waters or a factory... go wild here. Google "Organic Consumer's Association DHA algae" for more.

These unscrupulous companies have managed to get all of this past the organic labeling standards through a sketchy loophole. Perhaps most horrifying is that the DHA harvested from this algae HAS NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF ANY BRAIN AND EYE DEVELOPMENT AS TOUTED ON EVERY CAN OF FORMULA.

This company that makes Baby's Only, while there are still things I disagree with, (They claim this is for toddlers when really they know this is for people in year 1 and this is a marketing push to make them look better.) they:

-test for arsenic in the brown rice syrup (which is double checked by consumer reports and is truly low) -- this carb, which is essential for your baby, is a far superior carbohydrate than the glucose (or high fructose corn syrup) in EVERY OTHER BRAND OUT THERE

-uses egg yolks, about as real a food as you can get to in formula, for the DHA

I do wish wish there weren't processed vegetable oils in here. They are almost as scary as the HFC syrup, arsenic, and algae combined.

You can't win them all, and this one is a clear WINNER when the rest are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE losers. Don't hesitate. And really, breathe better, your baby will be eating much better! This is about 10 hours of research or more here!

The final thing: because there are real DHAs in here (i.e fats), and fats, the real ones, not synthetic ones made from algae, do not mix easily with water, you will find shaking this frustrating. Here's how: warm water (or hot, but chill before feeding!), and get a Dr. Brown Pitcher Mixer. It's under 5 minutes for 5 7oz bottles then.

Good luck to you all!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 5:25 PM PDT

Living with Bell's Palsy
Living with Bell's Palsy
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I have Bell's. This was not helpful and gave me false hope., May 19, 2013
While I appreciate hearing the story of the author, this book gave me false hope. I am at 7 months, 6 months after reading this, and have been told that I will never recover the final 20% of my face. I will never smile with my teeth. I will never really smile very much with my mouth. My eye will always be a little littler. I have accepted these things as one does - I focus on the beauty in the rest of my life, a trite thing to say, but the truth.

This author made me think I would recover, not meaning to, but know this: not everyone does. Reading her story, while it is more common, gave me false hope and I wish I had had more realistic expectations going forward. Also, the medical information in here is what you can find on the web in one google.

I gave it 3 stars because it is a good story and I think writing and talking about Bell's in any sense or case is a brave thing.

Good luck to all of you reading this because you have been affected somehow by this strange disease -- find a sound, an image, a thought that gives you great joy and imagine it in your mind's eye -- it will help you learn to smile again with the correct neurons.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2015 3:40 PM PST

Nick's Sticks 100% Grass-Fed Beef Snack Sticks - Gluten Free - No Antibiotics or Hormones (6 packages of 2 sticks)
Offered by Nick's Sticks
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Hot Dogs, May 19, 2013
I do love these sticks. They taste like hot dogs. Wish they were cheaper and I'd buy them more often.

Ortopad Beige Eye Patches - Regular Size (50 Per Box)
Ortopad Beige Eye Patches - Regular Size (50 Per Box)
Offered by Eye Care and Cure
Price: $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars As someone with Bell's Palsy, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THESE., May 19, 2013
These are the best and only eye patches that work when you have Bell's. The goop you need to put in your eye so it doesn't dry out can make them loose on the edges (keep another one by the bed, unwrapped so you can reapply during the night if you need to), but that's not the patch's fault. There is no patch out there that I have tried that is superior to these. I would not have slept for the last 8 months without these. If you have Bell's and are reading this, it will get better and all but a few % smile totally or somewhat again. Your face will all the way or most of the way recover. Relax the face muscles as fully as you can on the side where you have the paralysis so you don't get synkenesis as much as you can throughout the day. I am in the 5% who will forever lose 20% of my face or more, and honestly, if you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that would have been the worst thing in the world. You move on. You will. You have to! Buy these patches because they take one more annoyance out of the Bell's!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 8:25 AM PST

The Laundress Baby Detergent, Baby 33.3 ounces
The Laundress Baby Detergent, Baby 33.3 ounces
Price: $17.99
9 used & new from $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars EWG gives this a 6 on a scale of 6 where 6 is the MOST TOXIC, May 19, 2013
containing hormone disruptive, carcinogens, you name it. Research this stuff and then don't wash your little baby's clothes with it!!! I am so sorry I did!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 10:02 AM PDT

Montessori Small Movable Alphabets w/ Box
Montessori Small Movable Alphabets w/ Box
Offered by Quality Items & Great Prices
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, high price for the quality, May 19, 2013
While I do love this, I think that the price was steep relative to what is available out there. Just the same, I appreciate the quality and its availability on amazon. It was packaged well. Edges are smooth, box closes well, and much play will ensue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6