Profile for Robert A. Handler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert A. Handler RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

Krazy Kloth (Set of 3)
Krazy Kloth (Set of 3)
Offered by Cadie Solutions
Price: $15.77
2 used & new from $11.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls apart quickly. Get the larger version., October 16, 2014
I'd previously only used the large versions of this product. This version, the small version, falls apart quickly.

Mars Double Wide Stainless Steel Coat King Pet Stripper with Wooden Handle, 18-Blade
Offered by J Scott Inc.
Price: $40.50
3 used & new from $40.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for golden retrievers. Very good quality., October 16, 2014
Probably the best de-shedding tool for golden retrievers I've ever purchased, and I have quite a few.

Casio Men's PRW2500T-7CR Pathfinder Triple Sensor Tough Solar Digital Multi-Function Titanium Pathfinder Casual Watch
Price: $222.22
17 used & new from $222.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my normal style, but glad I purchased this fun and functional watch, October 16, 2014
This was an impulse buy. I prefer auto chronographs, but couldn't pass up all of the features of this watch at the bargain prices being offered. It was a good call. The titanium is surprisingly light and comfortable. The various features are fascinating and fun. I'm not sure I need most of them, but they are nice to have. The solar/atomic clock aspects are nice too. Usability is not extremely intuitive, but it's normal to have to trade off usability for functionality - the more bells and whistles, the harder it is to figure out.

Refills for Bullet Fisher Space Pen 3 Pack Black SPR4
Refills for Bullet Fisher Space Pen 3 Pack Black SPR4
Offered by Saveon3M
Price: $12.90
6 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my S&W and Schrade pens, February 13, 2012
I use pens by Smith & Wesson and Schrade. They come with Hauser cartridges, which have tended to leak. I travel a lot, which probably exacerbates the leaking. These Fisher refills fit perfectly and write well. I'm so pleased I'm reordering.

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy 2.4oz
Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy 2.4oz
Offered by Empire Depot
Price: $13.71
14 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference on Webelo Woods, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Adventure Medical Emergency Bivvy
My son and I just returned from our first Webelo Woods camping trip. We had sleeping bags rated at 20 to 30 degrees. It dipped to about 21. My son woke up and said "Dad, I'm cold..." Well, the portable propane heater I'd brought broke earlier in the day and we were both freezing. Dad (me) was alomst out of tricks, however, on a whim, I'd taken two of these bivvies from the emergency kit and slipped them into our duffle. We used them to line our sleeping bags and it was enough to get us through the night without freezing. They made a noticeable difference and were well worth the money. I highly recommend having a few of these around, especially on camping trips.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 10:56 PM PDT

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
by Richard Paul Evans
Price: $12.59
214 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the entire family . . . almost, October 25, 2011
I read about this book and decided to download it from Audible. After a few chapters, I ordered two copies for my two oldest children. The youngest (5) can't quite read yet. We are all reading it simultaneously and discussing it as we go along. This is a new experience for us. Our own little book club. The author has managed to successfully bridge the gap between tween and adult, writing a compelling novel that keeps the reader engaged in a fascinating plot that, while logically unbelievable, seems plausible nonetheless. Highly recommended.

You Are Not Alone: Life After a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
You Are Not Alone: Life After a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
by Andrea Schneider
Price: $26.99
30 used & new from $8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars My experience of reading Andrea's phenomenol book., January 19, 2011
I am touched by Andrea's book on a level I never imagined. I lost both my mother, Debbie, and my mother-in-law,Claire two wonderful women that greatly touched my life to breast cancer. Though both "moms" had very different and distinct types of breast cancer from Andrea Schneider's, I felt so connected and 'not alone' when reading Andrea's story. Andrea's candid tales of her experiences in waiting rooms, waiting for phone calls about her exams, procedures she endured, ways she coped with the disease, feelings and emotions she shared, were so reminiscent of what I experienced as both a caregiver to those with this disease and a witness to the patients I knew suffering with the disease. Andrea's courage and will to live for her family were also so close to my experience of my mom and mother in law's fights against this disease. My mom was diagnosed at 63 and died at 67 years old. My mother-in-law was diagnosed at 59 and died at 63 years old. Each mom led a brave and valiant fight against this terrible disease. Though I naturally wish things turned out different for each "mom" mentioned, I know I cannot change their fates and the only thing I can do is try to stop this terrible disease from harming or killing others. Andrea's story is compelling because she is doing just that...she has thankfully survived and instead of 'kickin' up her heels and resting on some tropical island (which I believe she deserves too!) she is using her time and giving her life to trying to stop this disease! When you read the story, you will be touched that such a young mom was diagnosed and perserved against many tough choices, obstacles and odds. Her story gave me such unbelievable hope. Her strength in facing the disease and the perils it entails are of heroic proportion. It was extremely humbling to hear and read about Andrea's account...she got breast cancer as a very young mom and seems to be determined that she will never have it again. I believe her and am so grateful that Andrea is doing everything in her power to not only help the doctors to maintain her own remission, she is dilligently at work to ensure many others like herself, will only know their disease as something of their pasts. I think Andrea is going to be a pioneer of sorts to truly help eliminate this disease. She is not selfishly only about her own survival and remission, she is for all others that have been affected by this terrible disease or will be. I'm so impressed that Andrea has taken her very unfortunate dealings with this disease and has chosen to really "play the cards she's been dealt" and wants to win at overcoming breast cancer for all people. I'm so grateful for Andrea's good health and that she has written this book. I am also grateful that each year Andrea gives of her time and volunteers at an annual breast-cancer fundraiser I am part of. Thanks for the courage to write this book Andrea, it will help so many!
Jennifer Berton Handler
Founder & Chair of "The Debbie Berton Walk"
jenniferbh@thedebbiebertonwalk.com

Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset - Gloss Black
Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset - Gloss Black

1.0 out of 5 stars So far, not so good, August 22, 2005
Seemed to work well for three days. I haven't experienced the wind problem, but haven't had time. After three days? Dead!! Checked the net. Seems like there may be a quality control issue. I thought I may have fried it by mixing up chargers; I also have a Motorola phone. Motorola tech support assured me this was OK (it's designed to work with either charger). While it seemed to work well for the three days it worked, I have this knitt about quality. It should work longer than three days. If it were a one off, that would be one thing, but a quick google shows I'm not the only one. I just can't recommend something when it breaks that quickly. Whatever happened to quality. And instructions? Very few. I guess they figure with three buttons, it can't be that hard. Replacement? Sure. NP, but go to Verizon first because it will be faster than going to the manufacturer. Sorry to vent, but it broke quickly and at an inconvenient time. If I'm wrong and my negative experience was a "one off," my rating of "1 star" will average out of the picture for this unit. If I'm right, it'll score low for some time until they get the kinks out or try to come out with a new "model" to restore the product's reputation.

Panasonic SL-SW965VS Shockwave Portable MP3-CD Player with AM/FM Tuner (Silver)
Panasonic SL-SW965VS Shockwave Portable MP3-CD Player with AM/FM Tuner (Silver)
3 used & new from $139.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Oversized garbage failed to deliver stereo output with CDs, September 11, 2004
After many years, my trusty SL-SW870 started to fail. At this stage in my life, whether the CD player is $30 or $230 isn't that germane. I want good quality. It doesn't have to be great, just good. I don't fancy myself a true audiophile. I use the CD player to . . . play CDs. I listen to music and stereo is important to me. I assumed wrongly that Panasonic would maintain the same level of quality on future products, so I bought this unit. I was amazed at how bad it is. It is not true stereo and it's bulky to say the least. I've tried two models of Sennheiser headphones and my Shure earbuds. Regardless of the headphones used, the player is consistently bad. It is now a paperweight. I have since replaced my SL-SW870 by buying someone else's junk on eBay - another SL-SW870. The SL-SW965V is . . . good for audiobooks? I haven't tried it for MP3s. Maybe that's its strong point; unfortunatley that's not what I wanted. I wanted a CD player to play CDs. Go figure?