Profile for Lola 48 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 155

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lola 48 "Dazzleyou" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
One True Vine
One True Vine
Price: $11.99
40 used & new from $9.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, January 23, 2015
This review is from: One True Vine (Audio CD)
Two days before I purchased this cd I saw Mavis Staples live at The Sunset Center in Carmel, California. Her performance was dynamic, her voice filled the theater with the music of her life, her history. She was so outstanding that at times the hair on the back on my neck bristled. So I came home and ordered One True Vine.

First off it is a terrible recording. During some songs the bass is so loud that no matter how much I adjust the base from my end there is no fixing it. Second and worst of all: Ms Staples sounds like she is lying in bed whispering in her sleep. The songs are lackluster, without feeling and during some it sounds as though she may be falling asleep.

I know I'll get slammed for this review but I am reviewing from my experience. Perhaps if I try an older album it would be better.

1928 Womens Metal Flower Shape Earrings (Blue)
1928 Womens Metal Flower Shape Earrings (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars The color is very pretty and goes with almost anything, January 18, 2015
I was surprised at the quality of these lovely earrings. I wear them almost daily and they have survived a toddlers little fingers playing with them. The color is very pretty and goes with almost anything. I recommend these earrings and you can't beat the price.

The Enchanted: A Novel
The Enchanted: A Novel
by Rene Denfeld
Price: $20.19
61 used & new from $5.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark story poetically written., January 18, 2015
This review is from: The Enchanted: A Novel (Hardcover)
Very few books capture me the way The Enchanted did. A deep, dark story about death row prison inmates written so beautifully that even though you are aware of the horrors they have inflicted on others, somehow, they creep into you and empathy comes forth towards them. I loved this book from the first page and hungrily read through it without putting it down. All of us can identify with some of the damaged characters in this book and what goes through their minds. After all, we are all damaged characters in some way.

Poetically written, deep, lovely, sad, dark, emotional....all of these words describe The Enchanted. A book worth the ride.

Bali Women's Satin Tracings Lace Minimizer Underwire Bra, Soft Taupe Combo, 36DD
Price: $20.63
7 used & new from $18.85

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a pretty bra and fairly comfortable, January 10, 2015
I purchased this bra based on the positive reviews on Amazon. It is a pretty bra and fairly comfortable. I wear a 36 D, however, in minimizers I usually go up a size for comfort (a personal preference). I am glad I did with this bra because even ordering a larger cup size there is still huge cleavage. Not total coverage as the demonstration picture shows. So I continue my search for a minimizer that offers total coverage and does not break the bank.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2015 2:41 AM PST

AmeriMark Women's Embroidered Velour Robe MD (10-12) / Teal
AmeriMark Women's Embroidered Velour Robe MD (10-12) / Teal
Offered by AmeriMark

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice robe, November 10, 2014
I bought this robe to use while on vacation and I was very happy with it. It folds nicely into a small bundle for packing, it is attractive when lounging for coffee in the morning. Just beware, the material is very thin. It is not a robe for a cold winter night. Otherwise I like it.

Olga Women's Luxury Lift Underwire Bra, Butterscotch, 36D
Olga Women's Luxury Lift Underwire Bra, Butterscotch, 36D
Price: $21.25
8 used & new from $18.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Another bra disappointment, November 10, 2014
I ordered this bra based on the many positive reviews that I read on Amazon. Much to my disappointment I am unhappy with this product. First the bra has elastic straps and for those who are blessed with larger girls, elastic straps create bounce and jiggle. Second the cups are not full coverage at all. Yes, I have been professionally measured and know what my bra size is. This one is just not for me.

A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)
by Deborah Harkness
Price: $10.87
261 used & new from $0.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Boorrriiinnngg, August 23, 2014
I read about half of this book then donated it to the library. I have never been so bored by such mindless drivel in all my life. I don't need 42 pages describing something that nothing to do with anything in the book. I wanted to like it, I really did. Save your money.

Veterinary Products Laboratories Duralactin 120 Count Canine Joint Plus Soft Chews
Price: $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Has helped my 17 year old dog., July 18, 2014
Duralactin Canine soft chews have done wonders for my 17 year old dog. She was having problems with balance and walking and since starting the Duralactin soft chews she has been walking and moving around like a young girl again. I am very pleased with this product and even happier to find it on Amazon and reasonable cost.

Extra Virgin: Recipes & Love from Our Tuscan Kitchen
Extra Virgin: Recipes & Love from Our Tuscan Kitchen
by Debi Mazar
Price: $20.53
103 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to earth cookbook, May 30, 2014
I love watching Extra Virgin on the Cooking Chanel so I was thrilled when I saw this cookbook based on the recipes from the show. I adore the book on many levels. First the book layout is simple and easy to follow. I love the pictures of our hosts but I am happy they are not on every page as with some celebrity chef cookbooks, instead the food is profiled in pictures and the pictures of our hosts are tastefully done. The recipes are simple and pure as Italian cooking should be. I love that the ingredients are easy to find and the recipes, not only easy to cook but are delicious. I keep the cookbook beside my living room chair so that I can look through the recipes over and over to decide what next weeks meals will be. I recommend this cookbook.

StriVectin-TL Tightening Neck Cream, 1.7 fl. oz.
StriVectin-TL Tightening Neck Cream, 1.7 fl. oz.
Price: $88.81
5 used & new from $88.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't waste your money, May 16, 2014
StriVectin Tightening Neck Cream did absolutely nothing for me. I'm happy at least that it didn't give me a rash, however, I wasted $89.00 on the hopes that it would work. I couldn't be more disappointed in the product.

I guess it's a lesson for me to stop wasting money on hyped up products that don't work. To grow old gracefully accepting yourself as you are, being a beautiful person inside with grace and dignity outside. Keeping yourself vibrant through the glow of exercise and the love of family. I guess you can't put that in a jar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16