Profile for Cynthia R. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cynthia R. RSS Feed

Flamingo
Flamingo
Price: $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars It will grow on you, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Flamingo (MP3 Music)
While I wasn't in love with it at first, I enjoy this album more every time I listen to it. There are 3-4 tracks that you can't get out of your head, but conversely there are 2 tracks that I skip over because I cannot "swallow it." Not quite the high energy you would expect from Killers albums, but still very enjoyable. Brandon Flowers is a true talent and entertainer.

Luxmo CRMOTTARGAGR Unique Durable Rubberized Crystal Case for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 - Retail Packaging - Green
Offered by RedTagAccessories
Price: $1.14
4 used & new from $1.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Has lasted 6+ months, December 25, 2012
This cover fits the phone very securely while all feature buttons are still accessible. I have dropped the phone several times and the cover has protected it. After 6 months of use the color has a couple of flakes coming off of it, but as it was a very inexpensive cover, I think I've gotten my money's worth. My only complaint is that it takes an act of God to get this thing off of your phone. I decided to get an extended battery and this cover will not fit, otherwise I would still be using it.

The Garden - EP
The Garden - EP
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, December 25, 2012
This review is from: The Garden - EP (MP3 Music)
I saw Ed K in concert in November and it was a great show, he can still belt out the tunes. He did a couple of songs from this album... I had a good laugh with some of the lyrics (dirty water's easier to find??), yet being a true fan I bought the album anyway. I actually enjoyed Ed's first solo album, and was hoping to find more of the same, but instead I got 5 mediocre songs with 5 terrible remixes. Anyone remember the Live album V where Ed tried to rap and actually said "To the crib then back to the studio, write a song so good make a midget grow"?? Well let me tell you my friends, after going to "The Garden" those midgets are still short!

Leading at a Higher Level, Revised and Expanded Edition: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
by Ken Blanchard
Price: $16.66
120 used & new from $5.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info, too many plugs for his other books, December 26, 2011
There is tons of good information in this book, however I am baffled at the motives of the author(s) constantly referring/referencing/footnoting their own previously written books. In almost every chapter he refers to himself and co-authors in the third person ("As Ken Blanchard writes in ___ book".) It is very distracting to me and I can't determine if it is a shameless plug to sell you his other works or if it is some attempt at lending credibility to his point. If he wrote the previous book as an original idea, then he has no need to reference or quote himself. He makes excellent, thought-provoking points, but as Cynthia R. states in her book review, "Good info, too many plugs for his other books." (see how annoying that is)

Community Policing and Problem Solving: Strategies and Practices (6th Edition)
Community Policing and Problem Solving: Strategies and Practices (6th Edition)
by Kenneth J. Peak
Price: $117.02
65 used & new from $58.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most Community Policing texts, December 22, 2011
I am now preparing for the Lieutenant's promotional exam and this is required reading. My department has frequently changed the community policing textbook so this is the third book on the subject I've been forced to read. By far, this is the best book of the three. It is not insulting or too much of the "hug a thug" mentality. It is well written and organized. I can't foresee anyone reading it for pleasure or casual reading, but it's not too painful if you must read it.

Community Policing: A Contemporary Perspective
Community Policing: A Contemporary Perspective
by Robert C. Trojanowicz
52 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry for people forced to read this, December 22, 2011
If the rating system would have allowed for 0 stars, that would be the rating. This book was required reading for my Sergeant promotional exam. As for content, the book actually said that officers should not arrest the drug dealers, but should work with them and help them find a job at McDonald's. More crap ideas follow. I realize that you're probably going to buy and read the book anyway because other agencies have been duped into using it for promotional exams. I just wanted to prepare you for the BS that you are about to be subjected to.

Also, the publisher/editor of this book needs to do some serious proofreading. I found over 70 errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Most of these should have been caught by simple spell check.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 5:22 PM PST