Profile for Lisa Pruitt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Pruitt "lisam3" RSS Feed (Spring, Texas USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gazelle Edge
Gazelle Edge
Price: $119.99
11 used & new from $102.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Gazelle Edge (Sports)
Just what I needed.

1) Reasonably priced
2) Simple to use. Simple construction.
3) Needed a way to burn some calories.
4) This lets me do it inside the comfort of my home while watching a TV program or interacting with other people.
5) Bad weather does not derail me.
6) Don't have to commute to a gym or pay a gym membership

by Paige Adams Strickland
Price: $16.40
20 used & new from $16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling point of view, November 20, 2013
I am usually a more of a fictional action adventure reader. I found this book to be a page turner as well. The story picks up a head of steam as you move along. I found myself driven to learn how the story resolves. The true story got me thinking about being adopted could change your perspective about common childhood experiences and how it could shape your image of yourself which determines your interactions with other people. very engaging. good pacing

Takedown: A Thriller (Scot Harvath Book 5)
Takedown: A Thriller (Scot Harvath Book 5)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scot with a twist, January 20, 2013
Have read a few of this series out of order. I decided to go back and read all in order. I really liked one as it switched up the characters. Keep the story line engaging as you weren't quite sure this was all going to work out since there were new characters

The Inner Circle
The Inner Circle
by Brad Meltzer
493 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Left hanging, May 18, 2011
This review is from: The Inner Circle (Hardcover)
First problem: I did not realized that I got a bonus book. Not blaming anyone. I wasn't paying attention. Nonetheless, that had a real negative effect. I thought the book was going to go on as I read it on my Kindle. There are many questions left unanswered. I thought I would get to those answers or at least some of them. But no. The book ended about 45% persent of the way through the e-file. As a consequence, I felt cheated, unsatisfied. I felt like I spent my time reading a book, a mystery, which concluded by answering only the minor questions and left the major conflicts of the plot wide open, too open. Not a good marketing strategy to deliver a bonus book with the purchased book. Should have it arrive seperately. THen you don't get yourself all out of rythm while reading. I think we all note how far we are ina book rather it is an e-book or ink and paper to help us to anticipate what happens next.... This was taken away so we were left unpepared for the ending which left me feeling grumpy.

Second problem: THe plot had many twists and turns that were at times very difficult to follow. And I really like twisty turny plots. It was as though there were twists thrown in for the sake of throwing in a twist verses there being some logic behind it. Saying that though I was able to enjoy the ride until the end. The big problem was the ending. THe "circles" only seemed to be a minor plot once the story picked up steam. The primary plots, the president, his sister, and especially Clemitine were never delt with. I thought the plot twist of Beecher's own family history was the interesting bit that could be extended into the next story. It could be the background story that motivtes Beecher to be the protagonist. This is his motivation that would get him through tale after tale. Let him find clues here and there over a series of stories. No. It was as if this was only half a story. Would have been helpful if the book was subtitled part I. Then I would have been prepared to be left hanging....too far out over the cliff.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2011 3:43 AM PDT

Endnote X3 for Windows
Endnote X3 for Windows

5.0 out of 5 stars YAHOO!!!, November 4, 2009
This review is from: Endnote X3 for Windows (CD-ROM)
Love this product. If you hae to write papers that require endnotes, this is the product for you. Push a button and wham the endnotes are complied in a format of your chosing. This is a great way to keep track of papers, books, or whatever media you may want to use as reference. When entering the biolographic information, take moment to enter the abstract. Take the time to your in the notes section your thought about the paper. What you liked. What you didn't like. Make good choices when choosing the keywords. You will have a handy way to search for information in the furture that you would like to revisit. This is a great organizational tool.

TExES Science 8-12 136 Teacher Certification Test Prep Study Guide (XAM TEXES) 2008 Edition
by Sharon Wynne
Price: $42.82
56 used & new from $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Come On!!!!, November 4, 2009
This is the third XAM study guide I have purchased. With the other two, I was annoyed at times with the typos and editorial mistakes. However, you could muddle through and get the point. I am really disgusted with this test prep. I always start my studying by taking the test first. There were two questions that were so badly worded that I have no idea what they were asking. I read the answer in the key thinking that would make it clearer. Nope, they were just horribly written questions. In another example, there was a question about temperature and pressures relationship and volume and temperatures relationships with ideal gas laws. The answer given was correct for the question, BUT the explanation of the answer was completely backwards. Unbelievable. As well, the answers to the questions in the key portion was in a different order than the questions asked in the practice test portion.... I have yet to begin to read the study guide portion. I hope it is better. At the moment I am put-out that I payed good money for a book as sloppily and carelessly thrown together as this. Wish there was another test prep publisher. What a rp-off!

K'NEX Education - DNA, Replications and Transcription Set
K'NEX Education - DNA, Replications and Transcription Set
Price: $43.99
14 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but not a large quantity, June 12, 2009
I used this product with high schoolers taking level biology. I thought the hands on approach was fantastic. I was disapointed in the quantity inside each kit. I needed two kits to cover a room and my classes were on the small side. For the cost I think that the total number of small kits that can be made is disapointing.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2010 4:13 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal., June 12, 2009
For starters I am not a seasoned photographer. I am new. I bought this lens as I think the macroworld is cool. I also did not want to throw out a lot of coin on my very first extra lens. I am having lots of fun with it taking pictures of ordinary things in my yard. Did you know bumble bees have fuzzy butts? I have taken pictures of immature, tiny fruits and vegetables. I have gotten some really striking results. Compliments from other photo bugs on these pictures too. I bought this lens before Christmas while it was on sale. It was a great buy and I am having lots of fun learning how to use and finding out what it can do. Too bad the lens is not being offered at the moment

Bakugan Battle Brawlers Deluxe Monster Series 1: Dragonoid
Bakugan Battle Brawlers Deluxe Monster Series 1: Dragonoid

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, January 3, 2009
My son got this toy for Christmas. He was asking for it. It is larger than I expected which was good. My son has enjoyed playing with it. He has acted out stories and so it stimulates his imagination. The wings on the toy are a weak spot. The wings have to be handled with care a little bit or they can rip so I am told. lol. This is not a toy that can be used on the game board. It is an action figure.

Crumpler The Customary Barge Photo/Laptop Backpack, for Screens up to 17", Color: Black/ Black/ Gun Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars great carry on bag, January 3, 2009
I bought this bag as a carry-on. I wanted to be able to take my SLR on the plane as well as my laptop. I wanted a bag that would allow me to do both while protecting both. Alas, this bag. It did its job. I packed a widescreen HP Pavilion Entertainment laptop with power cord. I packed a little point and shoot digital camera. I packed a Canon Rebel digital SLR with two lenses. I packed misc. items like ipods, a book, a wallet, keys.... I rode on a regional jet. The backpack fit in the overhead compartment with no problems. I did not pack the back to full capacity. As it was I thought the bag was pretty weighty. For my own back's sake I would not have wanted to increase the load although the bag was not at capacity. The bag had no problems carrying this load. I felt condfident that the bag was constructed to carry this weight. After the trip, I did not find any signs of stress wear on the bag. All in all I am extremely happy with this purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5