Profile for Brandon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brandon RSS Feed (Colorado Springs, CO United States)

Orbital
Orbital
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Descent, but "Meh"., July 16, 2014
This review is from: Orbital (App)
Three variations of shoot the light ball up the screen. Should have been free in the first place (sorry devs). Entertaining enough, I guess. Not gonna be heartbroken if I need to delete it for space.

Royal Hotel's 300-Thread-Count Queen Size White Siberian Goose Down Comforter 100 percent Egyptian-Cotton 300 TC - 600FP - 36Oz - Stripe White
Offered by Wholesalebeddings
Price: $159.99
3 used & new from $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Blessed heat!, June 10, 2014
So, I bought this one as a gift for my wife. She made a habit of coming to bed layered in sweats & tee shirts. This comforter replaced our old cotton filled department store rag and immediately had the desired effect. Couldn't ask for more Royal Hotel! Well... I guess now that I"M overheated at night and generally wake up on top of the thing is a bit of a bummer, but, It was for the wife!

You will need to use a cover. 1200-thread count or not.

Mont Blanc Legend Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 Ounce
Mont Blanc Legend Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.3 Ounce
Offered by OxKom
Price: $39.49
64 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is what I want other people to say I smell like., June 10, 2014
I'm not going to attempt to explain what "Legend" smells like. Its guhd. My wife likes it. That's what matters.

As with most subdued scents, you may become accustomed to it and begin adding that uneeded extra spritz. Resist the urge. If the fragrance has a fault, its that you might not register how well it fills a room and apply too much.

Highly recommend. I'm going to try the Special edition when this bottle is tapped.

Cadbury Fudge 6 Pack 156g
Cadbury Fudge 6 Pack 156g
Offered by NANOBITS: DELIVERY FROM THE UK IN 10-14 DAYS
Price: $3.77
12 used & new from $2.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Well... it does say fudge pack., November 10, 2013
I like chocolate, but this is not the type of fudge pack I was interested in. More a limitation of Amazon's search function than a slight on the good people at Cadbury.

Corum Men's 113.700.94/0001 0000 Golden Bridge Skeleton Dial Watch
Corum Men's 113.700.94/0001 0000 Golden Bridge Skeleton Dial Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., March 6, 2013
I bought this watch but have since returned it because it only included 4 human souls, all of which were Angolan. I'm not a racist, but... if I buy a first-world watch, it better be powered by more than 4 third-world souls!

Update: They've since discounted the watch by a considerable sum. I'm now tempted to re-purchase, but I have a busy week of setting fire to old people and fish rape ahead. Don't know if its in the cards. (Sigh) Its hard being this rich.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch 1080p  Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch 1080p Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sets the new high bar for home television, May 9, 2012
Pilot freight services delivered my unit May 8th, 3-days sooner than advertised. While I was apprehensive about set-up, an HDMI (not included) and power cord were all that was needed to start watching programs through my receiver. I'm a big guy, so hefting the TV onto its base wasn't such an ordeal, but I will note that most people will need help with this chore. I opted not to put it on the wall due to its weight and my living room's space restrictions (not to mention the extra price/non-availability of a wall bracket). The pedestal required a Philips screwdriver to construct and does not swivel in the slightest. Upgrading to 65-inches, I don't miss that feature.

The viewing experience is as advertised. Out of the box, the VT50 is set very dark. Unless the unit will be placed in a home theater, you will need to use a custom or the "THX Bright Room" setting. At any setting, however, you will note the incredible degree to which blacks are displayed. I tested some modifications while watching a MLB game broadcast in HD. Its difficult to describe the "new" shades of black and grey that I could discern on this set, but I can say that I never saw them before. Every detail that I thought of or tried to see was simply: there. The one sheet of glass addition is gorgeous, though when the TV is on it kind of disappears. Simply put, I've never seen a better looking plasma display.

VIERA functionality is running wirelessly and almost seamlessly through my Netgear N900. Every app I've tried (I'm not a subscriber to anything like Netflix, so I don't know how well pay apps function) loads quickly. The on board browser is ever so slightly slower than one on a dated laptop I've got, but every web-page loaded without issue. I found streaming videos from a networked PC not to work unless I ran them from a my X-box 360. I can only assume that this is a codec issue.

The speakers are "Meh". At this level of monitor, you better already have standalone speakers running through an amp or your missing out. Form factor-wise, the included speakers and woofer melt into the VT50's body. Frankly, I wouldn't have known they were there had I not read the specs. Additionally, and this probably can be attributed to my Pioneer receiver or an HDMI bug, you cannot listen to the set's speakers and your externals at the same time.

The touch-remote is a nice addition, but responsiveness and fine movement leave a little to be desired. It's not a laptop/ipad... er, pad. I've got an android smart phone that quickly synched with the VT50 and functions better during internet browsing. Media transfer from the TV to the phone was a button click away, however, going the other way around has escaped me for the moment. Attempts to "flick" a pic or .mov from my phone all end in a triangle inset with an "!" on the TV. There's probably a work around, but I'm a little disappointed it didn't work out of the box.

On the disappointment front, I feel obligated to express mine at the lack of 3D glasses included at purchase. I knew that going in, but never the less, it still stings not to have the ability to test such a significant function of the VT50. At around $3,800 I think I've earned at least one pair. Additionally, don't let some idiot at your local big-box store attempt to sell you last years glasses (not that this happened to me, even though it did). The VT30 & VT50 are incompatible.

Finally, I live in Colorado and my front door opens at 6,170 feet-ish. My previous plasma was built in 2003 and did not like this altitude. It ran hot and buzzed incessantly. 15-min of use and you can feel the heat escaping the top of the VT50's rear vents with a wave of your hand. It doesn't heat my living room after being on for an hour or buzz at all like my previous set, but I'll be sure to update this review if anything changes. Panasonic's own tech support sent me an email before I purchased it, ensuring me the all their plasmas were rated to 8,000ft, and a local specialist told me that I'd be safe up to 11,000ft.

To be clear: I took a star off my review due to the lack of included glasses at this price. It's like buying a pick-up truck and being told that the lever/toggle switch for your included 4-wheel drive is an extra. Bad marketing Panasonic, bad. Other than that, and the odd Android functionality, I cannot recommend this Plasma any more than if I were to post a picture of me hugging it. The P65VT50 is truly fantastic. While I cannot speak for a comparison between this set an a comparable LED, I would figure the LED to be brighter. But if you do most of your TV watching at night, as I do, I'd stick with the Plasma.
Comment Comments (34) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 8:56 AM PDT

Battlefield 3 [Download]
Battlefield 3 [Download]
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Headache, March 28, 2012
So, let's get right out there and say that this is a pretty phenomenal game. The visuals are on par with Metro 2033 and Crysis. The single player mode is engaging (the first time through) and multi-player will simply monopolize your life once you get into it. Terrain/Map damage is unparalleled. Combat variety is without peer.

Now, the reasons it doesn't get a firewall "5." In-game responsiveness, for starters, will have you inventing new and exciting foul language, guaranteed. And I'm not talking multi-player lag. Think you got the drop on someone, think again! Unless you're playing on a "Hardcore" server, chances are the guy your shooting at will soak up the contents of your clip and then send you to the great beyond. The best way to see the disparity between a great "twitch" shooter and Battlefeild 3 is to pop in any Modern Warfare or Call of Duty game from the past 10 years. Battlefield's bullet spread is just ridiculous. Its makers/the forums will tell you that different weapons react differently to full auto firing; but, again, if your familiar with other shooters, you generally hit what your aiming at. Not so here. Pray that the all knowing 20-sided die rolls in your favor before entering a fire fight.

The game simply sacrifices too much in its pursuit of realism. While character motions are trully cool to look at (try diving at the end of a run), you're going to find obstacles as paltry as a fallen stick or dislodged rock baffle in-game actions. God help you if you need to beat a hasty retreat and an afore mentioned piece of rubish lies in your path, but juuuust out of the viewable area. Never believe that you can simple walk/run over something without depressing a button.

I could go on and on, so here are the other major concerns in brief: without significant training in an air vehicle you will get owned. Homing-weapon lock-on periods render such weapons almost useless. The other guy (in multi-player) will have better stuff for the first couple months you're playing the game, leaving you at a major disadvantage. The Origin "Steam" service is a mess. Gamepad support requires you to move heaven and earth to even get it running and will never be as responsive as the guy with a mouse. Want to modify your loadout? You gotta wait until the match has started. Your knife is a sneak attack weapon only, and even then sometimes hit detection will fail you.

(sigh) Negatives aside, Battlefield 3 will hook you. Buy it when its on sale, pop an antacid, and remove all breakable objects and little chil'uns from the vicinity. You will get frustrated at something, but, with time, you can usually find a work around. If the game was better, though, you wouldn't have too.

Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Gaming Case CC600T
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Gaming Case CC600T

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., July 13, 2011
You can get glowing positives elsewhere (the case is that good), but I'll focus on the few things keeping the 600T from a perfect enclosure for average enthusiasts.

-The front/top panel USB3 port is just a cord with USB ends, not header attachments. The only way to use the top port is to either connect it to your MB via a rear USB3 port (i.e. running a cord out the back and re-connecting) or sacrificing additional USB3 options elsewhere.

-prepare to get acquainted with dusting. The unit's mesh does its job, collecting grey filth but plenty still makes its way into the case. After a month I've already had to clean the PC inside and out with compressed air.

- Fan controller could have been implemented better. I trust corsair in guaranteeing spinning the knob actually does something to the case fan speeds because I can't verify it. If you listen reeeeeal close you can hear differences between all the way one way or the other. Software verification and BIOS/UEFI functions aren't an option because you're cutting them out of the loop with the controller knob. Adding to the confusion, there are no directions, except online, on the proper connection of the unit to your fans. Yes, it's very simple in the long run, but as I just leave my control knob on its highest settings all the time, it would be nice to get some reassurances that I've done everything right.

- Where's my side fans? I've searched for the optional side panel through Corsair and consistently come up short. My build feels incomplete without a mesh window.

So, that's the downside. Pretty paltry gripes, I know, but I feel they have merit. The case was still a dream to build in. It looks fantastically conservative even with the blue LED's shining through the mesh and the curving outside. The doors are easy to operate and hide cords behind too. You will be able to fit anything your MB supports inside. Buy with ease, this is a great case. A few kinks aside, I've no regrets in my purchase.

MSI nVidia GeForce GTX570 Twin Frozr II OC 1280MB DDR5 2DVI/Mini HDMI PCI-Express Video Card N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC

5.0 out of 5 stars Any more GPU and it'd be overkill., July 13, 2011
So, I bought this card for a non-sli setup in a i7 2600-k build. Its been running glitch free for over a month now. It plays every game I've asked it too on 1920 x 1080 at highest settings and above 40 fps min/avg. Temps are well into the green at full load and install was a snap (I'm using a 750W PwrSply). Its just a beast and I'm totally satisfied... by the card. However, my Samsung PX2370 monitor occasionally experiences "tearing" or graphical artifacts that, I think, are a result of the card outpacing the screen. V-Synch helps sometimes. Sometimes not. So, understand the only thing that might hold this card back is the components you pair it with. My monitor's not cheap, but I imagine a 120 htz refresh rate on my monitor would greatly improve things.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 10:33 AM PST

Neverwinter Nights Gold - PC
Neverwinter Nights Gold - PC
Offered by A FAST SHIPPER
Price: $29.95
39 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelming, January 12, 2004
All right, I've tried to get into this one about as much as a fan of the Forgotten Realms can, but, I just don't like it. Here's why: the game is overwhelmingly cluttered with... stuff! Normally, I'd never knock that in such a title. Morrowind, Warcraft, and some other older turned based titles had as much, if not more "stuff" to contend with while playing. Yet, Neverwinter lacks something in its delivery. There were too many times where I got disoriented by some column or building crossing between my character and my eyes that resulted in some minor attack catching me entirely off guard. The ability to modify/personalize your character and his equipment is too limited. Interactions between you and NPCs are frequently tedious and unrewarding. And for those who claim that the expansion packs or tool sets make-up for these frustrations; please note that I didn't give the game 1-star. Oh yeah, the music wasn't that bad either.