Profile for Bridget > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bridget RSS Feed (Vallejo, CA, United States)

Monoprice Mini Universal Electronics Travel Organizer (110074)
Monoprice Mini Universal Electronics Travel Organizer (110074)
Price: $17.39
7 used & new from $13.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Very small, May 19, 2014
Case is much smaller than I thought it would be. It really doesn't fit much. I will keep it for small trips where I just need a couple of items but will have to order a bigger one form my overseas trips.

The Infant of Prague
The Infant of Prague
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great History, May 18, 2014
This short documentary gives an accurate and detailed history of the Infant of Prague. The sound isn't great but as I've seen the Infant of Prague close up, I enjoyed the documentary.

The Counselor [HD]
The Counselor [HD]
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, May 18, 2014
Lots of great actors but unbelievably confusing from beginning to end. I have no idea what the story was about. If I had any interest in finding out I'd probably Google it but I don't...

Twenty Chickens for a Saddle: The Story of an African Childhood
Twenty Chickens for a Saddle: The Story of an African Childhood
by Robyn Scott
180 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing African childhood, June 8, 2008
I loved this book. I am so excited to see that there is another writer on a par with Alexandra Fuller. I enjoyed Robyn's descriptions of her life growing up in Botswana - she is incredibly funny. I especially liked her horseback adventures and her description of the ticks on her horse as being the "welcoming committee" was hilarious. Each time I picked up the book, I felt transported back to my own African childhood. I really respect the way the author writes without ego or judgement. I will definitely buy this book on audio CD and wait in anticipation for her next book.

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight
by Alexandra Fuller
Edition: Audio CD
13 used & new from $27.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Audio CD, January 7, 2008
Alexandra Fuller is such a talented writer. I have read "Dogs" twice as it reminds me of my own African childhood. I have given it to friends who have loved it, so I decided it was time to listen to it on audio CD. I enjoyed it tremendously. Lisette Lecat's accents are wonderful and I could picture a young Bobo Fuller even more vividly than when I'd read the book. I found myself laughing in my car at times and couldn't wait to get back into the car so I could continue listening to Bobo's fascinating childhood story. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am currently listening to Scribbling The Cat on audio CD.

House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe
House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe
by Christina Lamb
32 used & new from $1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars House of Stone, October 27, 2007
I enjoyed reading the Rhodesian story from both the black and white african perspective. I thought this was a well written book from beginning to end. As a white ex-Rhodesian, I find the story terribly sad and look at what has happened to this beautiful country a crime to both black and white africans. Mugabe has a lot to answer for and will go down in history as one of Africa's great criminals together with Idi Amin. It's a shame someone hasn't had the courage to make him disappear.