Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for TrustworthyNinja > Reviews

Browse

TrustworthyNinja's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TrustworthyNinja RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Anker Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) 9H Hardness and Easy Bubble-Free Installation (Not compatible with iPhone 6s)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars [Older Model?] Great potential, but chipped @ 3 months - Anker Customer Service steps up, July 15, 2015
Pros:

+ Thick glass
+ Covers entire surface
+ Proper room for camera, speaker, home button holes
+ Works elegantly with official  iPhone 6 silicone case
+ Anker-backed, customer service peace of mind

Cons:

- Cracked at thinnest stress point
- Slight sharp edge around home button/at bottom
- Very slight reduction in touch sensitivity

Mystery:

? Model doesn’t appear available at the moment - discontinued?
? Didn’t get a chance to test true dropping or major scraping

#SenseiSays:
Aesthetically ideal, solid glass protector hindered by attempt to be too perfect. Cracked @ weakest point. Anker customer service scores.

Full Review
----------------

Pre-purchase questions:
1. Q: Would the screen cover the entire face without interfering with my case (official Apple Silicone)?

A: Yes. Nearly seamless fit. Very happy.
2. Q: Would the glass withstand drops and protect my phone’s screen from cracking?

A: Thankfully, I never found out. No “hard” drops (see below).
3. Q: Would the protector affect the touch sensitivity of my screen?

A: Slightly. Noticeable at times, but not frustrating, and I quickly grew accustomed to the new “default” sensitivity.

Familiarity
I can only compare this to two plastic screen covers and the default non-protected screen.

First Impression
Happy with the way it looked and measured up to the screen size. Seemed thick and durable enough for what I needed.
Packaging was nice, Anker mirroring Apple’s minimalism.

After use
Installation wasn’t hard, though I did have to work a minute or two to clear air pockets/bubbles. The provided small plastic card was helpful. The glass seemed to have enough flex to allow for some margin of error while “bending” it onto the screen (starting at the top edge, finishing at the bottom), but I didn’t want to test it so I took some care in handling it as gently as possible.

After putting it on, I wondered if the adhesive was bad for my screen. After removing it, after over 3 months, there was no discernible after-effect, except for the slight bit of dust/dirt that accumulated along the edges.

The first thing I noticed was the difference in how the home button felt. It changed the way I had to activate my touch-ID, and required a bit more effort to push the button, given the edges directly surrounding the home button creating a ledge of resistance. More tapering would be nice in the future, but design-wise, it’s almost surely not cost effective at this price point. Having the glass directly surrounding the home button gradually taper off, ending not in a sharp edge (which your thumb will naturally rub up against), but in a rounded edge would be more tactilely pleasing. Done right, I’d pay more for this. Online, probably a couple dollars more. In-person, if I could verify it was exactly what I wanted: five to ten more.

In some games and applications that required touches near the edge, I noticed a slight loss in sensitivity. If I put a number on it, I’d say between 2-5%. Fewer than one in twenty touches was affected, and it was occasionally annoying when one spot wouldn’t respond to multiple taps, but worth the trade-off for the added protection in the end.

As for the protection, thankfully I didn’t have any drops on a hard surface (road, concrete, hard floor). There were a few couch-to-carpet and bed-to-carpet drops, but as expected, the case took the brunt of those knocks. I make it a point to not throw keys in my “phone pocket” but even so, the surface held up after 3 months of normal use. Zero scratches, and I was quite confident it would pass a key, maybe a razor test? I could try it now and report later, I suppose… stay tuned.

So what went wrong?

A small hairline crack developed in the thinnest part of the screen protector, below the main iPhone 6 button (fingerprint sensor). I ignored it (as there was nothing I could do), but that small fissure grew into a spiderweb of cracks, where glass began chipping away because it was no longer structurally whole. (see pictures for resulting chips)

The first split grew daily, until after a week or so I had to take the case off or risk little pieces of glass in my pocket, on my thumb, or on the floor. But even at the first sign of failure, I was hesitant to abandon what otherwise seemed a worthy screen protector.

It appears the newer Anker screen protectors are no longer exact full-screen protectors that extend a piece of glass below the iPhone button (perhaps due to the very reason my protector failed). Much as I like Anker products on the whole, I'll pass on this one, as the iPhone 6 may not lend itself to full-screen protection in the manner I'm looking for.

Given that explanation above, Anker immediately rectified the issue, even though it wouldn’t be entirely wrong of them to assign some blame to potential customer abuse or variables out of their control. Given that they didn’t take the sleazy way out, I am apt to trust Anker going forward. I’ve been quite happy with the few things I’ve bought from them (a battery, cable, hard drive case). Customer Service: A. Keep it up.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - Playstation 3
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - Playstation 3
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $17.97
159 used & new from $4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars All 4 DLC now included on disc (Jan '11), but caution, January 25, 2011
I'm treating this as a supplemental game description; others have adequately reviewed the gameplay elsewhere. For those wanting a one-sentence summary: the DLC does appear on newer discs, but as of Jan 2011 it is difficult to tell if you're getting a "new" DLC-on-disc version or the older version with just a voucher. (Maybe the content is on all GOTY editions and an update will unlock it one day?)

I was torn before ordering from Amazon, but pulled the trigger on a buy 2, get 1 free sale. I'm new to the ps3 as of this Christmas and am having fun buying up older, established games for cheap. Borderlands fits perfectly into this category, so if you're on the fence and want a quick push either way: BUY IT if this type of game is your thing.

The DLC is now on the disc. I was VERY skeptical that it would be, as the (almost) unanimous consensus online said otherwise. Only a few recent posters claimed it was on there, and I dismissed them as trolls or uninformed. I bought anyway. The front cover of my game says very clearly at the bottom "Voucher for All 4 Add-On Packs." On the back, in a yellow band? "Add-on game content requires a connection to Playstation Network and 4.41 GB of storage space to redeem SINGLE-USE VOUCHER."

I was bummed. I held out opening up the disc, on the chance that maybe a newer version had come out, and Amazon had sent me an older one. If some (newer) copies did have the DLC, I wanted that one! But I couldn't find anything online about a new cover, omitted text, or anything else pertaining to the voucher.

I opened up the game and popped it in - and there it is. Below the Borderlands game icon in the XMB (Playstation menu, NOT the game menu.. where I first looked). There's a little disc icon that turns into an orange, one-wheeled robot labeled "BONUS CONTENT."

Sure enough, all 4 add-on packs appear here. The smallest is about 550MB, the largest is 1.6GB. No code needed... but a voucher code is still included. Mine was behind the map, before the instruction manual. I have not used it, but I did install the expansions to test - they install with no code and appear in-game (the menu tells you they're available and you need to go to a fast travel station to get to them).

As of this writing, the "most helpful" one-star reviews bash the decision to not include the 4 expansion packs on disc. I can understand this, considering other games (Fallout 3 GOTY, which I purchased along with Borderlands GOTY) DID put the content on there. It made the game feel disposable - once your voucher was used up, your resale is the same as the regular BL game. I am thankful for all those who complained. I can't help but think someone somewhere heard your logic and agreed.

Here's the problem - as of now, there's no way to tell what version you're getting. I bought mine from Amazon so I can confirm that at least one batch of theirs has it - but that's not to say everyone will get a "new" version. Same in-store. There was nothing physically on the outside that told me I was getting bonus content on disc. So until all of the old stock is purged, there are going to be some disappointed consumers. Even after that, there's sure to be fraudulent after-market sales of used GOTY editions.

Good luck in getting the version you want, and enjoy the game - I'm pretty stoked about the hours in Pandora front of me.

-------------
Until it becomes established knowledge that there are in fact "on-disc" versions, check Gearbox & 2K's forums for official word. As of Jan 2011, I still feel things are speculative among the online community of BL players, even though I can personally confirm vouchers are not needed for the newest printings. This is what you get when game developers waffle, but I thank the powers that be for getting it right; sorry to those who "suffered" for the rest of our benefit. ;)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2011 2:13 PM PST