Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for My New Screenname > Reviews

Browse

My New Screenname's Profile

Customer Reviews: 690
Top Reviewer Ranking: 292

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

My New Screenname "The Lucky One" RSS Feed (Wonderland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 11-20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31-40
Georgia-Pacific Spectrum® Standard 92 Multipurpose Paper, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 1 box of 3 packs (1500 Sheets) (998606)
Price: $15.14
28 used & new from $6.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Paper for Everyday Use, September 20, 2014
Although I use a lot less paper than I used to, I still find it's always best to review final drafts printed on actual paper, rather than "screen read." I have two laser printers and one ink jet & this paper works great with all three. Jam-free, so far. I can't always say that with cheaper papers. And I REALLY prefer paper with a 92 brightness like this; words "pop" from the page & the additional contrast makes reading speedier. This is a great Georgia Pacific paper with good heft & I LOVE being able to have it delivered right to my doorstep at a very reasonable price. Thank you, Amazon!

John Frieda Collection Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse 7.50 oz
John Frieda Collection Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse 7.50 oz
Offered by cosmeticbeautyplace
Price: $10.15
19 used & new from $4.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performer: Not Stiff, Not Oily, Not Flaky--Soft Hold, September 20, 2014
As all John Frieda products I've tried, this is a great quality product. I have short hair with a structured cut & need a good quality mousse to make it "work." This does the job, without weighing down my hair or making it stiff. A small puff gives me just the right amount of body, with absolutely NO stickiness or next day flaking. I order mine through Amazon's Subscribe & Save service; highly recommended!

Integrative Therapeutics - DHEA-5 - Adrenal and Thyroid Function and Healthy Aging - 60 Capsules
Offered by iServe Products
Price: $8.00
2 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it!, September 20, 2014
This seems to be a good quality DHEA supplement and I personally feel best taking the absolutely lowest dose DHEA I can find. I don't take this on a daily basis, just on an "as needed" basis. For me, that translates to, at most, 2 to 3 times a week, sporadically. Other people may need to take this 5 mg dosage, or even a higher one, several times a day, for years at a time. If you need it, it can be a fantastic tool to enhance your health.

I would advise caution and the vital importance of self-education to anyone using any kind of supplemental hormones (DHEA, 7-KETO, melatonin, progesterone cream, pregnenolone, etc.) and supplements that encourage hormone secretion (tribulus, etc.). DO YOUR RESEARCH, ALWAYS!!! These aren't just "vitamin pills." I get VERY bothered by health advisors who take a flippant approach to hormonal supplementation (as in, advising women to take 50 mg of DHEA on a daily basis for a long period of time). Don't do it without KNOWING what you're doing and paying very close attention to any signs of side effects. With DHEA, less can sometimes be more, particularly for women. Supplemental hormones can be greatly beneficial, but it's important to proceed with an informed viewpoint and to take occasional "hormone holidays" (i.e. a break from taking them) to keep your body's own natural production working effectively.

This seems to be an effective DHEA and it seems to be enhancing my energy levels without over-stimulating testosterone or estrogen production (yes, DHEA CAN do that, if you take too much). I like this very much--it seems safe & sensible. I also modulate my DHEA supplementation by taking a daily dose of DIM, which is said to help convert harmful estrogens to less-harmful forms (too complex to go into here--see Google & Wikipedia). This is my favorite: Nature's Way DIM-plus -- 120 Capsules.

I'd also recommend this book for those wishing to learn more about safely using DHEA and other supplementals: The Metabolic Plan: Stay Younger Longer.

I buy this DHEA via Amazon's Subscribe & Save program; the price is right for this high quality supplement; highly recommended for those who do their research FIRST!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 2:21 PM PST

Suave Naturals Shampoo, Ocean Breeze, 22.5oz.
Suave Naturals Shampoo, Ocean Breeze, 22.5oz.
Offered by Nutrition and Beauty Corp.
Price: $7.35
10 used & new from $3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Light Fragrance & Non-Drying, September 20, 2014
I like this shampoo. The fragrance is very light and fresh and this does a great job getting hair "squeaky clean" without over-drying your scalp. I also love the convenience of getting this via Amazon's Subscribe & Save program; the price is right!

Although I use this myself, I also use it to shampoo my three dogs. It's one of the very few "human shampoos" I've found that NEVER irritates their skin. A big winner in my book; highly recommended!

Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Original, 30 Servings, 8.5 Ounces
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Original, 30 Servings, 8.5 Ounces
Price: $21.99
38 used & new from $19.73

5.0 out of 5 stars What an EASY Way to "Drink" Your Vegetables!, September 19, 2014
I use this daily as my "greens insurance" to make sure I get plenty of all the good things vegetables have to offer, without having to harvest, clean, and cook them every day : )

I can definitely feel a positive health effect from this green drink mix & I simply use about 2 ounces of distilled water to dissolve it in, then drink it quickly. In my opinion, if you put this in regular chlorinated tap water, you're inadvertently "knocking out" some of the beneficial effects of the naturally occurring chlorophyll and micronutrients it contains. So don't DO that : ) Orange juice is a great option, too, if you can afford the extra calories that day.

I find this helps with energy levels & it seems to help keep my "gut bacteria" healthier. Occasionally, I'll mix this and a dried berry mix I like into some Kefir & sweeten with Stevia. Tastes great! This is a trustworthy brand & I like its "quality" flavor--not too gritty, as others can be. I'm glad to be able to order it at a great price through Amazon's Subscribe & Save program; a favorite!

==
P.S. Store your opened container in the freezer. 1. It keeps fresher longer 2. It will keep your finished drink "cooler"

Newman's Own Organic Raisins, 15 Oz
Newman's Own Organic Raisins, 15 Oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember When Raisins Used To Taste Good? THESE Still Do!, September 14, 2014
It's been a long, long, time since I've found raisins worth eating straight from the container, but these fit the bill! They're tender, juicy, fresh, and sweet with absolutely NO "chemical" taste. Conventional raisins from the grocery store have been very disappointing to me for many years, with a "grainy" texture and a sulphur-like taste.

These, on the other hand, are fresh tasting and have a multi-dimensional flavor I've missed; they are REALLY delicious & worth their premium price. I bought these via Amazon's new Prime Pantry service & they'll be staying on my list; a winner!

Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour, 5 Pounds
Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour, 5 Pounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Flour: 1. Organic 2. Unbleached 3. Unbromated!, September 14, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT quality, unbleached organic flour that is free of bromate/bromine/bromide. I use it in my bread machine (I do add some vital wheat gluten and a couple of drops of Lugol's 2% iodine to improve the finished texture, but it isn't necessary).

Almost all commercial flours have added bromide; THIS DOES NOT and that, in my book, is a HUGE health plus. To be brief, bromide is a halogen that competes with your thyroid's ability to uptake sufficient iodine for your metabolism to work at its peak. Before the 1970's, commercial bread & bakery goods were baked using iodine as a dough conditioner, instead, but, for whatever reason, bromide is now used. Hypothyroidism (or, rather, what I'd call "subclinical hypothyroidism") is rampant in America, and in my opinion, bromate used as a food additive is partially to blame. I'd recommend health-conscious people Google "bromated vegetable oil," "bromide," "bromate," and "iodine" to learn more.

This flour is unavailable in my local area & I'm so glad to be able to get it via Amazon's new Prime Pantry grocery delivery service. The price is reasonable and this makes a truly delicious loaf of fresh-baked bread. Highly recommended!

Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder (1 gram / serving), 250-Grams
Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder (1 gram / serving), 250-Grams
Price: $8.09
13 used & new from $8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Absorbable Form of MSM; One of My Foundational Supplements, September 4, 2014
I became interested in alternative medicine about 20 years ago, striving to help my husband overcome some health issues (it worked). Since then, I've expanded my interests & take a wide range of supplements, myself, on a daily basis. MSM is one of my "foundationals" (ones I NEVER do without). MSM, B vitamins, and Vitamins C and D are ALWAYS in my system.

MSM is, basically, a bioavailable form of sulphur. It's a potent anti-inflammatory & is an important collagen builder (which helps support healthy skin and joints). I think it also helps insure my bone health. Doctor's Best contains OptiMSM, which is a form I've bought elsewhere and does seem to be more "absorbable" than most. I take about a teaspoon of MSM, dissolved in water, with 2 grams of Vitamin C every morning; according to my research, Vitamin C and MSM work synergistically.

You need to start out slowly with this one, taking just about 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until your body acclimates to it. In my case, I take MSM to keep my skin healthy and find it alleviates any "achy" feeling after a round of golf or a round of yard work.

Amazon has a great price on this supplement, if you use their Subscribe & Save service. Great brand, great MSM; highly recommended!

Have a question about this MSM? Leave a comment & I'll be happy to help you, if I can.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2015 4:50 PM PDT

Zwipes Microfiber 5-Pack Small Pet Cloths (Size: 16" x 16"), Soft Terry Drying Cleaning Towels
Price: $7.53
3 used & new from $7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Giant Car Wash Mitt: For Your DOG!, September 4, 2014
I bought these on a lark, thinking they might be a slight improvement over the white terrycloth towels I use to dry my dogs after their baths (we have one REALLY BIG dog and two mediums).

They are a HUGE improvement over regular towels:
1. First of all, they're extremely absorbent, so, for the surface area, you can pick up a LOT more water from your dog's fur.
2. The design's ingenious. The ends fit over your hands like mittens (separate areas for thumbs and fingers), so you basically "wear" this towel on your hands, making rubbing the water off your dog a lot quicker & easier.
3. They're sized right & once you get one "full" of water, just move on to another one. I've bought one set of 3, but I'm about to get at least one more set, simply because I've got a lot of Dog Real Estate to cover at bath time.
4. They're CUTE! And doesn't that count for something? The dog paw & dog bone design makes it easy to keep these separate from all other work towels, so you'll never "lose" them to your hubby's collection of garage towels.

So glad I tried these; most highly recommended to all pet owners!

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice Search will Totally SPOIL You!, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
This was SO easy to set up. We were up & running in less than 10 minutes and WOW. This is primarily my hubby's toy (I play on the computer, he flies the TV). Voice search is SUCH a timesaver. I used to have to stop whatever I was doing to type in whatever he needed to search for. NOW, HE CAN HANDLE IT. Speak and ye shall FIND. Love, love, love this box!

I waffled for WEEKS before buying this. I read tons of reviews & finally decided it would be worth the temporary ("Honey, HOW DO I DO THIS????") change in look, feel, etc. (we've been streaming with a Roku since about 2009; had the Roku XD for a long time, just before the change to FireTV). Finally, I decided to try it, thinking if Hubby had too much difficulty adapting, we'd just send it back (while also TRUSTING AMAZON to have made a massive leap forward--I have never, myself, been disappointed with ANY of their electronic offerings).

I was expecting to have to sync it with our router, sign on to our accounts again and again (Amazon, Netflix, etc.). NOPE. Just plug it in.

It turned itself ON.
Updated ITSELF.
FOUND my router.
Was PRE-LOADED with my Amazon account.
We were from box to watching in under 10 minutes (there's even a 2 or 3 minute cartoon TUTORIAL that teaches you everything you need to know to stream & use your remote--easy breezy).

Here's a quick rundown of a few features I like:

1. The speed of the video loading is awesome, as is the "intuitive" search function (Amazon KNOWS what he likes, so his lists are more or less pre-filtered so they load faster).
2. When he wanted to try Netflix, he was able to EASILY click to install an app, then I *painfully* used a grid-keyboard to logon to Netflix account (username & pwd) only ONCE and we were DONE.
3. The voice search is SUCH a leap forward. It's incredible AND accurate. Can voice search by title, genre, director, actor, everything. And it even understands SOUTHERN. WooHoo!
4. It has 4 times the processing speed and 4 times the memory of our previous Roku box & WOW what a difference in loadtime, resolution, quality of picture/vividness of color. Just awesome. What can I say? Amazon did it again.
5. Movie/Program descriptions are displayed at the bottom of the screen (& my ONLY quibbling complaint is you can't change the font size on descriptions w/o altering TV resolution, which I won't do). They do have excellent Closed Captioning functionality for those who need it & you can enlarge the fonts there for easy readability.
6. Amazon is making constant improvements to the interface, independent of the hardware. In the five months or so we've had this box, we've seen many interesting enhancements. Bravo!

Basically, I'm very happy we took the plunge (we bought ours in April); it really was a worthwhile improvement for us (we prefer Amazon's video streaming anyway--they have lots more documentaries than the other streaming services). I'm just sorry I waited so long : )

---------
Quick Update:

Not all apps come preloaded on the device, though a ton of others did (Pandora, Bloomberg, Showtime Anytime, Netflix, Vevo, Vimeo, WatchESPN, Crackle, HuluPlus, iheartradio, and tuneinradio).

IF you have an Amazon Kindle TABLET (I'm guessing like the HDX), you can somehow "toss" photos from the tablet directly to the Fire. Meaning, sitting in your living room, you can, apparently, swipe the photo across the screen and it "lands" on the Fire. (Don't have that, so can't DO that). HOWEVER, we do have many photos saved to Amazon's Cloud Drive & they were all accessible from the FireTV console (via the TV, with just a click)--even a short family video we'd uploaded. With no interference from me. Just clicked on "Photos" & there they were. EASY. A very nice feature.

----
Have a question about the FireTV? Leave a comment & I'll be happy to help you, if I can.

Page: 11-20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31-40