Profile for Kendra Tacoma > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kendra Tacoma RSS Feed (Dallas, Texas)

Keds Original Champion CVO Canvas Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),White,11.5 W US Little Kid
Price: $22.50
3 used & new from $22.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Size Review (10.5 - 1), March 19, 2014
I ordered eight pairs of these shoes in sizes 10.5M, 11.5W, 12.5M, 12.5W, 13.5M (2), 1M, 1W.

Generally, the Medium width fits as a Narrow width and the Wide width fits as a Medium width.

If you plan on wearing socks and your normal shoe width is Medium, you might want to consider Wide. But ... Also read other reviews before you take my advice.

In regards to durability, I don't have an opinion yet. The shoes have only been worn twice. Comfort ... As much as you'd expect from a Keds. Not painful yet not fluffy white clouds.

DETAILED REVIEW OF SIZES

10.5M: Slightly tight if worn without socks; extremely tight and uncomfortable if worn with socks. Also, the length was too short in comparison to other shoes that are size 10.5. Ordered 11.5W to replace and it was a perfect fit (with socks) and a smidgen loose without socks.

11.5W: (See review for size 10.5M)

12.5M: Slightly tight if worn without socks; extremely tight and uncomfortable if worn with socks. The length was exact in comparison to other shoes that are size 12.5. Ordered 12.5W to replace and it was a perfect fit (with socks) and a smidgen loose without socks.

12.5W: (See review for size 12.5M)

13.5M (2): barely loose/perfect fit without socks, perfect fit with socks. Please note, both children have a narrow foot. Did not have to reorder.

1M: Slightly tight if worn without socks; extremely tight and uncomfortable if worn with socks. Also, the length was exact in comparison to other shoes that are size 1. Ordered 1W to replace and it was a perfect fit (with socks) and a smidgen loose without socks.

1W: (See review for size 1M)

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World For Kids 2011
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World For Kids 2011
by Birnbaum Guides
70 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is for kids!, February 25, 2011
Our family recently went to Disney World for the first time! I purchased this book because a friend recommended Birnbaum. I thought the book would be about going to Disney World with kids but it is written FOR kids! If you are looking for one geared towards adults, please don't make the same mistake (it would have helped it I read the reviews. Silly me.)

Even though the book is written for children, it was great for a first timer like me because it simplified everything. And it is much thinner than the regular Birnbaum guides; meaning you can carry it in your bag to the theme park.

I went to my local library for the Birnbaum Walt Disney World 2011 and was overwhelmed! This book is perfect because it did not include transportation, lodging, dining, ...
It mentioned the rides and attractions that each theme park has and included a schedule of how to see the park in one day or half a day. Exactly on my level and the only thing I wanted to know about!

I recommend this book to anyone going to Disney World for the first time and want a simple book to read. Also to parents who want their children to anticipate the trip and would like to participate in planning the trip.

Nintendo DS Lite Traveler - Pink
Nintendo DS Lite Traveler - Pink
Offered by Milton Sales
Price: $15.95
2 used & new from $13.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, May 23, 2010
This case does a great job protecting your DS. It is very sturdy! My child and I have dropped it many times and it has not cracked or popped open.

UPDATED 02/25/2011
I guess we dropped the case one too many times because it finally cracked. Still great considering we've had it over a year.

Quartet DuraMax Porcelain Whiteboard, Dry-Erase Board, 4 x 3 Feet, Aluminum Finish Frame (2544)
Price: $219.99
34 used & new from $211.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Great board, May 23, 2010
This board is a PAIN to put on the wall! It took a very experienced contractor about 30 minutes to put up! But once you have it up, it will not budge.

Great writing surface and magnetic objects stick to the board great. Easy to erase and doesn't 'ghost'.

I recommend buying the Quartet Dry Erase markers. They are amazing and much better than Expo. (Black, Blue, Green, and Red were included with my board.)

Kind Plus Almond and Cashew, 12-Count (Pack of 12)
Kind Plus Almond and Cashew, 12-Count (Pack of 12)
Price: $17.29
17 used & new from $14.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but ..., May 23, 2010
This bar is VERY delicious (but also a little too sweet). You should avoid at all costs if you are on a strict bodybuilding diet. A lot of sugar (bad carbs) and very little protein. But if you are allowed a cheat snack, eat this!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2011 9:57 PM PST

The Children's Literature Lover's Book of Lists
The Children's Literature Lover's Book of Lists
by Joanna Sullivan
Price: $26.96
73 used & new from $3.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment!, May 23, 2010
The best way to decide if you want to purchase this book is to use the 'Look Inside' feature to review the Table of Contents. It will tell you everything thing you need to know.

This book is a great investment because it can be used for several grades. Unfortunately the Caledott & Newberry Winners list stops at 2003 but you can find a updated list online. It also lists other book awards that I am not familiar with.

I am a homeschooling parent and consider this book a must buy!

Teaching Writing in Kindergarten: A Structured Approach to Daily Writing That Helps Every Child Become a Confident, Capable Writer
by Randee Bergen
Price: $15.81
67 used & new from $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful, May 23, 2010
This book was such a disappointment. Maybe because it was not a good fit for us (I am a homeschooling parent).

The best part of the book was the "The Yearlong Plan" (use the 'Look Inside' feature to view).

If you're looking for a REAL writing plan, I recommend:
Getting Started With the Traits: K-2: Writing Lessons, Activities, Scoring Guides, and More for Successfully Launching Trait-Based Instruction in Your Classroom.

UPDATED 02/25/2011
I noticed that members did not find my review helpful so I will try to explain the problems I had with it. Please keep in mind I no longer have the book (I donated it) so I am going off of memory.

The book is about teaching children to write but I do not think the method is very effective. For example, for the first few weeks or so the student is to write one word, spell it phonetically, and draw a picture. I do not consider that structured writing. More like free time or something a child would do on their own at home.

The book does not introduce the rules of the English language (ie. digraphs, blends, silent vowels, ...) to help the student improve their spelling. It also does not introduce writing traits, forms, or genres.

If you are interested in a book you would use for Writer's Workshop, I recommend the book mentioned above in addition to

Books, Lessons, Ideas for Teaching the Six Traits: Writing in the Elementary and Middle Grades (Write Traits) [Paperback]

and a very good Phonics program (I use Horizons Phonics).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2012 1:57 PM PDT

What Happens When I Talk to God?: The Power of Prayer for Boys and Girls
What Happens When I Talk to God?: The Power of Prayer for Boys and Girls
by Stormie Omartian
Price: $12.81
83 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't explain how God speaks to us, May 23, 2010
This is a great book that discusses prayer. My child now understands how, when, and why we pray. I would have given the book 5 stars if it explained how God speaks to us.