Profile for parislove > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

parislove RSS Feed

Film Directing Shot by Shot: Visualizing from Concept to Screen (Michael Wiese Productions)
by Steven D. Katz
Price: $17.36
290 used & new from $2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars From a vision to the screen...., July 12, 2012
You better put on your thinking cap, have several arms, and eyes in the back of your head if you're thinking of "directing" a film. Seeing the concept is one thing but, putting all the shots together is more than saying...action! "Shot by Shot" gives the director everything he/she needs regarding process, elements of continuity,the workshop to the moving camera.
Make sure you take the time to read and study this book, especially if you're a novice.This is not a book you merely scan through or think you can skip some of it's processes. You will lose time and money, and losing either one of these can cost you your film. It will get shelved.
"Shot by Shot" is very detailed;a book you want to keep close by, even if you think you know what you're doing. It will also help you to get what you want from everyone involved....a great film, and another chance at directing.:-}
And as always with Amazon, the price was right.

Independent Feature Film Production: A Complete Guide from Concept Through Distribution
by Gregory Goodell
Price: $14.08
161 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Filming's not easy...., July 12, 2012
I wanted to know the ends and outs of making an Independent Film; and "Independent Feature Film Production" does exactly that! Everything that is necessary to make a film is given in a step-by-step process, including budgets, financing,production and post-production. Everything!! It truly is a "complete guide from concept through distribution," and it's imperative that you understand and "follow" the steps IF you want your film to be a success....or at least, given consideration. It's a great resource, particularly if you are a novice.
And by the way, the price was the best part!!!

Final Draft Version 8
Final Draft Version 8
3 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Final Draft Version 8 (Software)
As a new writer, I learned of Final Draft from my brother in Los Angeles. I was thrilled about the program and how easily it allowed me to write my first script. Once I returned to Chicago, I immediately ordered my own copy to finish my script. As of today, I am five pages away from completion. I LOVE IT!!!!! I look forward to getting my script copyrighted next week. Anyone who is serious about their writing, Final Draft is critical to their success!