Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for beki_flaherty > Reviews

Browse

beki_flaherty's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"beki_flaherty" RSS Feed (Carlsbad, CA United States)

The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction
The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction
by Sally Melville
Price: $15.40
246 used & new from $0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars This book taught me to knit!, January 22, 2003
It was a rainy December day in Northern California when I stepped into a yarn shop to avoid being drenched. I couldn't believe the beautiful yarns I saw. It wasn't like a trip to Woolsworth with Grandma when I was a kid! After feeling almost every ball of yarn in the store, I knew I just had to start knitting. But how? I remember a very funky chain stitch with a crochet hook when I was 7 years old...
I asked the sales consultant to recommend a good basic instructional manual to teach me to knit. She recommended "The Knit Stitch".
In the past 4 weeks, I have knitted Joel's scarf, the flat knit hat, a couple of basic scarves using luxurious yarns, and am now feeling confident enough to try the ruana!
I have never knitted before. The only knitter I know lives over 400 miles away. This book has taught me to relax, enjoy the simple things, appreciate some hot chai, and learn what satisfaction can be derived from such pleasures.
Thanks Sally! Can't wait for book #2!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2016 4:10 AM PDT