Profile for MHGibson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 129

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MHGibson RSS Feed (Florida Keys)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
My Wizard Buddy: Target Earth (Book Three)
My Wizard Buddy: Target Earth (Book Three)

5.0 out of 5 stars A more magical Hunger Games, July 19, 2014
My stepson and I read this book (and series!) together. He loved the plot of this one the best. He said he felt like he was a character in the book along with Tyler and Dirk and the others. The story had a lot of action in this one -- more so than the other two books. This book had more of a sci-fi, Hunger Games-eqsue feel to it, only targeted to younger readers. There was one curse word in the book ("damn")...but it was appropriately used and said by an adult. Certainly not a game-breaker and it tied into the plot well, so no one needs to get bent out of shape by it. LOL! We felt like the book was a bit of a conclusion to the series, but really, really, really hope there are more. (And now, the 15 year old wants to read the series...so you have another reader in the wings.) Good job!

My Wizard Buddy: Wizard Planet (Book Two)
My Wizard Buddy: Wizard Planet (Book Two)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first Wizard Planet book!, July 19, 2014
My stepson and I read this book and we both loved the conflict in this story -- more so than in the first book. Tyler and Dirk are awesome characters who seem like real people...real best friends...and the adventures and mishaps they share are fun and exciting. The story really puts you in those kids' shoes and puts the reader IN the story with the great descriptions and action. Can't wait to read the third book!

InterDesign Midi Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Brushed
InterDesign Midi Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Brushed
Price: $15.21
2 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Pictured, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to say that the picture here is a bit deceiving. I thought I would be receiving a soap pump caddy with the brush and wire scrub. It came with none of that. The caddy is small and plain and not really that helpful other than to stash my sponge in that I already had. It's nice for our RV, where we have it, but not necessary. Don't know if I would spend money on it, personally. I would go for something else that actually included everything that's shown in the picture.

My Wizard Buddy (Book One)
My Wizard Buddy (Book One)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun start to a great new series!, July 16, 2014
This book is a fun start to an exciting new series. I read this with my stepson and we both really enjoyed it. However, for this review, I let him take the reigns as a learning tool and since he's more of the target audience at his age than me. LOL! Here's what he had to say...

"I really liked this book and the action inside of it. The characters were realistic and kids that I would enjoy hanging out with. The intrigue and suspense was really great and I can't believe the cliff hanger ending! Why did you do that to me? Oh wait...there's another book and, wow, I can't wait to start reading it! Great job and I'm sure I'll enjoy the other stories." - so sayeth the 13 year old

He's reading the whole series. Kudos to Wu and Spotson for making this series possible.

Remington Products S7231 Wet to Straight Straightener, 2 Inch
Remington Products S7231 Wet to Straight Straightener, 2 Inch
Price: $27.99
9 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a game changer!, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've only had this flat iron for two days and already, it is a total game changer for me. The thing I love the most about it is that it heats up literally in seconds to a temperature perfect enough for any style. Also, I don't have to run it through my hair multiple times to get the smooth, shiny straightening that I like. As for the wet feature, this is really handy if you're in a hurry and don't have the time for a hair dryer and a flattener. You can also flatten it when wet and it dries without the crimps and creases as usual. Definitely a great deal. It's compact and fits easily into a drawer or under the sink. Give it a try!

When Elvis Meets the Dalai Lama
When Elvis Meets the Dalai Lama
by Murray Silver
Price: $22.41
39 used & new from $0.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and often humorous!, June 19, 2014
A remarkable recollection of one man's brushes with pop culture icons, Murray Silver has quite simply lived the single most interesting and colorful life of anyone I've had the pleasure to know. From being a concert promoter as a teen, to a tour photographer for some of the biggest musical acts of the day, his memoirs contained here are like a who's who list of the 21st century.

Parallel Seduction: The Parallel Series, Book 3 (Paranormal Romance)
Parallel Seduction: The Parallel Series, Book 3 (Paranormal Romance)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series, June 16, 2014
I've read all of the books in Deidre Knight's PARALLEL series and while they are all very romantic, sensual, and action-packed, I found Scott and Hope's story to be the most compelling, memorable, and emotionally soulful. The book is rich in emotions, descriptions, and the conflict between the hero and heroine is enough to keep you turning the pages quickly. It was hard to put this book down and was a refreshing read. Kudos!

DII 100-percent Polyester, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
DII 100-percent Polyester, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, stands up to stains...and my great niece!, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this tablecloth for my sister's house and it goes perfectly with her decor. In addition to that, it immediately stood up to spillage from food and beverage (we're slobs, what can I say? = ) and, it stood up to her granddaughter's coloring on it with markers that slipped. Just using regular detergent to spot treat it, everything came off easily and the tablecloth was smooth as it could be coming from the dryer - no ironing required if you take it out immediately. Fit perfectly to the table without too much hanging low. Would highly recommend.

D'Addario EFX165 FlexSteels Bass Guitar Strings, Custom Light, 45-105, Long Scale
Price: $20.66
15 used & new from $15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright tone, good consistency, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These strings continue the tradition of D'Addario's quality versus price. They are a great value for the money. While you don't change bass strings as often as you do guitar strings, the quality is sturdy and out of the box, the sound is bright and crisp, the tone, of course, will mellow with age, as all good bass strings do. My husband keeps strings on his bass longer than most players, so we'll have to check back six months from now to see how happy he is. If these strings live up to D'Addario's reputation, he's sure he'll be most happy with them.

BonJour 16-Piece Dinnerware Meadow Rooster Stoneware Set
BonJour 16-Piece Dinnerware Meadow Rooster Stoneware Set
Price: $69.95
8 used & new from $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality and quite cute, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave these plates to my niece who is moving into her first home. She has a yellow house, so these plates go very well with the charming setting and will provide a fun accent to her kitchen. The plates are sturdy, microwavable, and very high quality. The mugs are deep for a full cup of coffee or tea or soup - whatever you please. I particularly like the salad/dessert plates with the full rooster pictures. Very cute, especially for someone with a whimsical nature.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13