Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM
Profile for XlPunishmentlX > Reviews

Browse

XlPunishmentlX's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

XlPunishmentlX RSS Feed

OPT7 Offroad Light Bar wiring Harness Kit (4 Items), 380W - Single Connector
OPT7 Offroad Light Bar wiring Harness Kit (4 Items), 380W - Single Connector
Offered by OPT7 Lighting®
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional wiring harness!!!, October 7, 2015
This product is fantastic. I ordered a 52" light bar for my truck (dodge ram), and was looking for a quality wiring harness that was simple to install and, boy, did I find it.

Out of the box, everything is ready to go, except for the water proof "quick connect", which you will have to setup should you choose to use it (I personally did not use this feature, but did try it out).

Pros: extremely easy setup. No splicing or crimping (except for the water proof quick connect I mentioned which will have to be crimped to the wires on the light bar). The battery eyelets are pre-installed and ready to attach and there is an in-line fuse (30amp) to protect the light bar and the entire wiring set up has a rubber-ish guard on it to protect from wear. Lastly, the supplied power switch comes pre wired (again, no need to go buy crump connectors or anything) and has a quick-disconnect about 4 feet from the switch itself which was a big help when wiring my light bar because I could mess with the 4 foot cable instead of the whole wire which is probably 8-10 feet long if I had to guess (please note, I am only talking about the switch wire, NOT the power and ground wires that go to the light bar, those are longer--so much so that I had to zip tie the excess so you don't need to worry about not having enough wire)

All in all, this is a fantastic product and I would buy it again and would recommend it to anyone who is trying to wire in some lighting!

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Offered by LGeOO Electronics
Price: $104.00
62 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, January 15, 2015
This is an absolutely fantastic product. I've had the Roku streaming stick (removed after purchasing a smart tv with built in wireless and apps such as Netflix and Hulu), the Roku HD, and now the Roku 3.

I purchased the Roku HD for my bedroom which is at the far end of my house from my wireless router and it had a hard time getting an acceptable signal and would frequently have to buffer Netflix videos. I had two options, buy another router and set up wireless repeating or purchase a Roku 3. I went with the Roku 3. I made the right choice.

The Roku 3 has dual band wireless which has helped tremendously (I have 100% signal strength with the R3 whereas I had 40-70% with the RHD).

It is also much faster than the Roku HD. It loads videos faster, loads menus and apps faster, and even seems to load videos better when my network is under a heavy load throughout the house (Xbox One, PS4 Online gaming, iPhones and iPads, and computers all running at the same time and the Roku 3 has no trouble loading the videos. What's more, even when my internet is running too poorly to have be able to load the Xbox One Dashboard, the Roku 3 is still able to stream Netflix in HD; I swear it is either magic or has its own internet service, lol).

It has many features including gaming capability with the controller being a motion controller (ie. You can download angry birds from the game store and fling the birds by moving the remote backwards and then releasing). It's pretty neat, but rarely used for me and my family. We only purchased it for the media viewing capabilities and enhanced wireless.

All in all:
If you plan to use the Roku near your wireless router, you would do just fine with a Roku Stick, or Roku HD, maybe even some of the older models.

If you plan on using the Roku in a remote area of the house that is a considerable distance from the router and/or want gaming capabilities, your best bet is the Roku 3. It is well worth the money.

Divatex Home Fashions Royal Opulence Satin Queen Sheet Set, Black
Divatex Home Fashions Royal Opulence Satin Queen Sheet Set, Black
Offered by GRAND LINEN
Price: $33.00
4 used & new from $33.00

3.0 out of 5 stars These sheets are very comfortable and feel amazing, January 15, 2015
These sheets are very comfortable and feel amazing. However, the fitted sheet does not like to stay on the bed very well. Typically, as soon as you lay down, at least one corner of the sheet pops up and needs to be redone. I have a queen size bed, and I ordered the queen size set, so sizing shouldn't have been a problem. Other than that, they are great!

Carhartt Men's Sandstone Waist Overall Quilt Lined,Black,36 x 30
Carhartt Men's Sandstone Waist Overall Quilt Lined,Black,36 x 30
Offered by DUNGAREES
Price: $74.99
2 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally Warm, January 15, 2015
I usually don't write reviews; however, I believe this product warrants one. I work late in the evening where the temperature frequently drops into or below the "teens" (it's been fairly warm at an average of 22-25 degrees in the evening lately however). Before purchasing these carhartt pants, I was wearing multiple layers: thermals, sweatpants, and jeans and was still cold, numbingly so. Since this purchase however, I simply wear some thermals on the coldest of nights along with these pants and am extremely warm (actually, sweating in the 18-24 degree range). I ordered one size large in the waist so as to be able to wear thermals and any other potentially needed layers and they fit very well (with a belt). Length wise, I ordered my typical size and they seem a tad baggy, but not enough to be bothersome.

All in all:
Fit: as expected/excellent

Quality: Typical Carhartt, extremely well built.

Comfort: when first wearing they make take some getting used to as they are quite heavy in comparison to jeans or lightly insulated work pants, which of course can be expected do to the thick insulation and heavy/high grade materials.

Warmth: Exceptional. These will keep you warm with little to no layering underneath (in my experience down to 16 degrees with thermals on, that's the lowest it's been since I've purchased these).

iPhone 6S Case, SUPCASE Apple IPhone 6 Case / 6S 4.7 Inch [Unicorn Beetle Pro] Rugged Holster Cover with Builtin Screen Protector (Black/Black)
Price: $14.52
17 used & new from $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, a very nice case., October 2, 2014
Typically I don't write reviews on cases, but I feel that this one deserves a review.

First, let me say that I have always used otter box cases (the defender and preserver series) and one lifeproof case.

The otter box preserver and lifeproof case were superb as far a protection is concerned. However, the sound interference (when in those cases you could barely hear anything [music, phone call, etc] at all) was horrible.

With the defender series, it had cutouts in the case for the front-facing camera and speaker as well as for Touch ID. The problem was that there was nothing between the hard plastic inner case and the phone. That being said, my iPhone 5s was left with severe scratches around where the cutouts were (when I dropped my phone, the hard plastic would rub on the front glass, thus the scratches).

I was worried that this case would have the same issue, as there is once again, nothing between the cutouts and the front glass. So far that has not been the case. I have only dropped my new phone once, from about 5 feet (out of my truck whilst getting out) and the phone is still in perfect condition. No Knicks, scratches, chips, or cracks.

Also, the case allows all the phones functions (touch id, silent mode switch, volume buttons, speakers, headphone and charging ports, and lock/power button) to work flawlessly.

The case is also very thin, thus making having a case on it far more appealing than it used to be with the bulky monstrosity that is the Otterbox.

Lastly, the price. When I purchased this case, it was $19.99 though at the time of this review, it is $22.99. Full price is $39.99. I am extremely happy with the case and the price which is considerably cheaper even at full price (33% cheaper) than the Otterbox. Saved 66% on a case which, in my personal opinion is better than the Otterbox anyway.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Xbox 360
Offered by Charm Your Prince
Price: $91.97
37 used & new from $15.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty Black Ops 2: A New Change of Pace, December 5, 2012
First off, let me just say that this game is both different from the other Call of Duty titles (its predecessor included) as well as it is similar in certain ways. I will break this review down into several sections in which I will describe the various elements of the game (good and bad).

Graphics: 10/10
Not really all the much to comment on pertaining to the graphical elements of the game--they are primarily the same as the other (more recent) Call of Duty titles with some improvements to character models here and there. Overall, the game looks really nice.

Gameplay (Single-player): 10/10
The gameplay of the single player campaign is great. It is fun and innovative (so far as the new equipment and devices you are given to use). Overall, it feels like most of the other COD titles, just with some new gear and new ways to use it.

Storyline: 10/10
Great storyline. Raul Menendez is a great villain (to any who consider this a spoiler, I do apologize, though it is known from the beginning of the game for the most part that he is your main target). Many twists and turns in the story, and for the first time in Call of Duty history (or at least as far as I can remember), you are given the opportunity to make choices--and those choices impact the outcome of the campaign. This is nothing revolutionary as many games allow you to make decisions that affect the ending, but this is the first time (that I am aware of or can at least remember) in which Call of Duty has implemented this choice and consequence system.

Multiplayer: 9/10
The multiplayer is....fun if somewhat irritating at times. First and foremost, the knife. The knife (which by the way can now be customized with a "weapon skin") hardly works. I find myself far too often attempting to knife someone who is right in front of me and the knife simply goes through him without me receiving a kill. Perhaps the developers intended the knife to be used far less than before, but it is nonetheless irritating. Second, the Ghost perk. The Ghost perk now only works when you are moving; that is, if you are sitting still you are still visible to enemy UAVs. This is great because it helps to reduce camping. However, people who enjoy sniping (not quickscoping...but actually sniping) are out of luck because normal snipers tend to sit still and monitor for enemies but without being invisible to enemy UAVs, they are generally easy targets. Third, sniping is a bit different in that quickscoping is much different than before (and some say that it isn't possible). This is due to the fact that there isn't a Quickdraw perk anymore, there is instead, a quickdraw attachment that allows you to aim faster; however, sniper rifles do not have this attachment and therefore cannot obtain an advantage in the area of quickly aiming. Overall, the multiplayer is quite fun and the fact that prestiging does not reset weapon challenges is great, but the knife, ghost perk, and sniping are a lot different than any of the other COD titles--and bouncing betties are much harder to avoid now as well. One final note: the maps look great, but are highly frustrating (at least in my opinion) as you are often spawned in enemy territory or the entire enemy team is spawned right next to you. Furthermore, every map is essentially covered with little alleys and ways that you can be flanked. Everyone is either clustered together, or are busy flanking you in one of the many spots that make it possible for them to do so. It seems that the goal of this games multiplayer was to be a nonstop game where you can't just sit in one spot. You have to be on the move, but you still get flanked constantly.

Zombies: 10/10
The zombies stays true to its past. It is almost identical to the previous versions of zombies, but with new weapons, new maps, and new "easter eggs".

Assassin's Creed III with Steelbook
Assassin's Creed III with Steelbook
11 used & new from $10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed 3: The Best One Yet?, November 13, 2012
Assassin's Creed III is set during the revolutionary era with much of the campaign being focused upon events surrounding the war with England. That being said, this opened up a lot of new possibilities for the Assassin's Creed franchise. Many new additions made it into the game, though the game itself feels as though it stays true to its roots. All in all, I'll break down the various elements of the game (briefly) and score them individually, ending with an overall score of the game.

Storyline: 10/10
Being as how I have been a fan of the Assassin's Creed games since the first one, I have liked all the previous storylines; and this is no exception. The story is great, many twists and turns that you may or may not be expecting, either way, there is rarely a dull moment. Furthermore, this story can be picked up by newcomers to the series (though I would recommend playing the other games before this one to get a COMPLETE sense of the story) and returning fans alike.

Gameplay: 9.5/10
The gameplay is somewhat different from the others in regards to the way you "free-run" as well as to countering attacks and disarming and the like. However, it is simple to pick up and play, but fun enough to keep you interested. Some new gameplay elements were added such as being able to captain the ocean vessel the "Aquila" and complete privateer missions as side-quests. Overall, amazing gameplay with one notable downside. That downside being horseback riding. The horseback riding mechanics in this game are horrendous. I find it odd that in this game, sometimes a horse will get stuck on a miniscule object such as a very small rock, but then can jump over quite a large one. Furthermore, the horse does not handle as well as I'd have liked. I constantly find myself stuck between two trees or rocks because the horse doesn't want to turn properly. On another note, the horse sometimes get stuck in areas where it appears to have plenty of room to maneuver. I am not sure as to why that is, but it is nonetheless, irritating.

Replayability: 8/10
This game is great from start to finish, though there is no real reason to play it all over again. The only reason I even gave it an 8/10 is because of the vast amount of time you can spend completing the various side-quests and main quests. Sometimes there does need to be a great sense of replayability in a game if there is enough content to keep you playing for a large amount of time in a single playthrough.

Multiplayer: 9/10
The multiplayer in this game is innovative (in comparison to other multiplayer titles currently available). It is not meant to be on the same level as other popular titles such as Gears of War, Battlefield, or Call of Duty. That being said, the multiplayer is nowhere near as immersive as the aforementioned games, though as I said, I don't think it was intended to be because the primary focus in Assassin's Creed has typically been the single player elements of the game. There are various online gametypes ranging from team versus, free for all, or even teaming up with a few other players to take out designated NPCs. Overall, the multiplayer likely will not keep you excited for long, though it is a nice change of pace.

Graphics: 10/10
The graphics of the game are simply stunning. The character models are great as are the environments in which you play. Occasionally you will run in to minor graphical issues or "glitches" if you will, though they typically fix themselves promptly.

Overall: 10/10
I feel that this is a fair rating primarily due to the great story line and vast amount of options you have before and after the campaign is complete (depending on how you play). "Everything looks good, feels good, plays good, and is good." "Except for the horses, they aren't so great!"
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 7:20 PM PST

Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Offered by Online-Source
Price: $49.95
35 used & new from $10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 6 Archives, A Fresh New Way to Play, October 17, 2012
Resident Evil 6 is a great game with many positive sides, but as with any game, there are also flaws. However, these flaws do not necessarily detract from the overall experience that the game has to offer.Overall, on a 10 point scale, I rate the game a 9.5/10.

Graphics: 9.75/10.
The environmental graphics are well-done, not perfect, but well done. Character models (including zombies and J'avo) are exceptional. The graphics are somewhat lacking in the vehicle department, though this is not a huge problem as very little time is actually spent in vehicles.

Gameplay: 9/10
The gameplay is great, at times. The controls can be very fluid, but can also be very irritating. The worst aspect of the gameplay is the "force you to look" camera view. When something interesting or important happens, the camera pans to the event even if you are in the middle of combat. This is great if the important event happens to kill all the enemies you are currently fighting; however, more often than not, while the camera is focused in on an event taking place, enemies are smacking you around. This is especially irritating on Professional difficulty as health items are very limited and each successful attack an enemy lands on you takes a great deal of your health. I still give the gameplay a 9/10 because this isn't something that occurs constantly, but is nevertheless irritating. "Gears of War" was successful where "Resident Evil 6" failed, when consideration is given to the fact that GOW allows you to look when it is convenient for you.

Story: 9/10
The story was great, and the overlapping character stories was quite interesting. However, the moments in which the stories overlapped were quite irritating when you had to fight the same boss in two different campaigns on Professional difficulty. Certain things should have only been done once, but due to the desire for a massive campaign, you are forced to play the same scenario multiple times with different characters.

Sound: 10/10
I can't recall any issues I had with sound. Sound was perfect, all characters voice-overs were very well done and the enemies sounded just as they should.

Replayability: 8/10
Aside from achievements or secondary modes, there is no real reason to play the campaigns more than once (or twice if you didn't play on Professional first). You can collect serpent emblems, though this is a fairly straight-forward process that does not require a great deal of time or effort. The fact that you have to replay specific parts multiple times with different characters greatly detracts from the replayability (at least in my opinion, I beat the game three times, once on Amateur, once on Professional, and once looking for Serpent Emblems, and replaying those specific character overlap parts really began to irritate me). The only reason I give replayability an 8/10 is due to the secondary modes which can be fun....for a while.

Features: 9/10
Once again you can collect serpent emblems and trade them in for "Action Figures". Mercenaries mode has also been implemeneted which is great. It can be quite fun for a while, though it does start to get boring. A new game mode call "Agent Hunt" is rather fun, though once again, you are thrown into parts of the campaign, parts which undoubtedly you have played before. You are able to play as an enemy type (J'avo, etc.) and try to take down actual players while they are playing through the campaign so long as they have Agent Hunt Mode enabled and have it set to Xbox Live.

Package Features: 10/10
By purchasing Resident Evil 6: Archives Edition you receive a code to download Resident Evil 4 HD, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Content. You also receive the Resident Evil 6 game disc and Resident Evil Degeneration on DVD. You get quite a great deal by purchasing the Archives Edition of Resident Evil 6.

Overall: Resident Evil 6 Archives Edition- 9.5/10 "Amazing"