Profile for quickpick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

quickpick RSS Feed

SEI Decorative Metal Baker's Rack with 6-Bottle Wine Storage
SEI Decorative Metal Baker's Rack with 6-Bottle Wine Storage
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $156.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive piece...pain to assemble., September 5, 2012
First thoughts...the metal color was a surprise. It is more like a dark taupey steel color (maybe with a tinge of dark olive). I was really worried that the color would not go with my decor (black and dark brown wood dining set). The second surprise...the round decorative medallions. They are actually faux finished to look like an aged hammered metal. Basically, it looks looks they took black matte paint and a shiny gold paint and filled in the circles. I was surprised by this and my first thought was that it would look tacky. When I put it all together, though, it actually went with the whole piece and the medallions have actually grown on me (again, they look a little cheesy if you go up really close and inspect them, but if you stand back a bit it looks fine).

One big hassle, though, was the assembly! A few of the pilot holes to connect the wood top did not line up properly and I needed to make my own pilot holes will a drill in order to insert the wood screws. A second hassle was connecting the scrollwork to the back and tabletop. They didn't want to join together at first, and I had to place textbooks on the tabletop in order to weigh the top back down as it was being pulled up by the tension of the side scrollwork/back of the "hutch" piece. Third problem- the metal on the lower glass shelf was not alligning properly where it needed to be screwed and unless I somehow figured how to bend the metal without breaking the thing, I think the one shelf will be stuck with only being secured on the front side... not sure if others had all these assembly problems, but it took me about two hours to put together.

I still would give the finished piece four stars. It was well-packaged, looks very nice in my apartment (not super tiny, not huge and imposing), has very attractive detailing, and the wood (don't think it is real wood, but was stained/doesn't look like cheap particle board) has a rich dark finish. The dark taupey metal color is actually pleasing, and ended up working with my decor.

Buxton Womens Leather Slim Floral EmbossedCheckbook Cover Wallet
Buxton Womens Leather Slim Floral EmbossedCheckbook Cover Wallet
Price: $10.89 - $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than Expected!, March 28, 2012
I wasn't expecting much for the price and I knew prior to purchasing that the exterior is leather and interior is manmade. I selected the turquoise as I wanted to be able to find it in my purse and also because I thought I wouldn't mind the manmade interior if it was in a bright, fun color.

The quality is better than I expected and the stitching is neatly done. It is perfect for what I was looking for- just a simple checkbook holder that is not too thick and has a couple credit card slots to maybe shove some appointment cards into when I'm at the dentist, etc. I don't think this is practical for me as a wallet replacement...maybe in a pinch, but it is perfect as a cute and inexpensive checkbook holder.